Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Sooo Path of the Titans

Just read that they had canceled that back in June for being closely related/ to similar to the archaeology profession.

Anyone miss it, what is your say on that, do you wish they had implemented it or what, I wanna hear what you think.

Personally, I thought it would have been a pretty neat feature to add to the flavor of the game.
    Kickin Incredibly Dope Shit

Deleted
    I don't miss the idea, with Arch. being as grindy as it is it would feel bad to have something like that being mandatory.

Would've been cool, but I wasted my QQ over it months ago :P

Maybe in the future?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vanin View Post
    I don't miss the idea, with Arch. being as grindy as it is it would feel bad to have something like that being mandatory.
    Because a 20% more band aid heal is the most important thing to have (it was one of blizzards example for PotT)
    It would have been very nice indeed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Because a 20% more band aid heal is the most important thing to have (it was one of blizzards example for PotT)
    It would have been very nice indeed.
    I recall the Path of the Titans being tied to our Mastery, if I'm wrong on that then just disregard the above.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure blizz didn't throw out the ideea completly, they will implement it someday, when they have more time to perfect it.

Quote Originally Posted by vanin View Post
    I recall the Path of the Titans being tied to our Mastery, if I'm wrong on that then just disregard the above.
    It differed upon what Titan's path you chose iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    I'm sure blizz didn't throw out the ideea completly, they will implement it someday, when they have more time to perfect it.
    Maybe in the new Titan mmo? Hmmmm, clues! We should get down to unraveling the secrets of the Titan project!

Quote Originally Posted by Ralikon View Post
    Just read that they had canceled that back in June for being closely related/ to similar to the archaeology profession.
    It wasn't that it was too similar to archaeology, it was that you progressed it through archaeology (probably an earlier implementation that wasn't related to the current archaeology)

It was cut because it was too grindy and not optional, while being an absolute nightmare to balance because it essentially added 12 more skill sets to the game that anyone could obtain.

Quote Originally Posted by Migari View Post
    I loved the idea alot. I also loved the idea of making more 'fun talent trees' and we all know how that worked out.

It would be awsome but in the end they would just make it completely boring with everyone having the same things so we might aswell be without it.
    Very right.

it was scraped because it contradicted it's intended purpose to give each person a unique feeling to their class.

But all min/maxers and hardcore raiders would have the same thing and blizzard didn't want that so we got mastery instead. So every spec has the same "unique" ability as their fellow players who use the same spec.

oh also we got archeology.
    I'm glad to have multiple personalities, if i didn't i would be talking to myself, and that's just insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Borigrad View Post
    it was scraped because it contradicted it's intended purpose to give each person a unique feeling to their class.

But all min/maxers and hardcore raiders would have the same thing and blizzard didn't want that so we got mastery instead. So every spec has the same "unique" ability as their fellow players who use the same spec.

oh also we got archeology.
    And, we're lovin it!

Anyone miss it, what is your say on that, do you wish they had implemented it or what, I wanna hear what you think.
    We can't really miss something we never had, and I have a bit of a hard time believing you actually "wanna hear" what people think about it. If this isn't yawntrolling, and you did actually care, you would have read the many previous posts on this same thing.

Path of the titans was too similar to glyphs, it was essentially just another page full composed of 20 different minor glyphs and blizzard decided it was a stupid idea.

They just scratched it and made the current glyph system better.

15+ Year Old Account
    Am I the only one failing to see why this is in the Paladin class forums?

This is more of a General Discussion topic.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

15+ Year Old Account
    I didn't think it had anything related/similar to Archaeology, it just used Archaeology as its gathering profession. Eitherway I don't miss it, it would be more things to keep track off.

Quote Originally Posted by PeggBundy View Post
    We can't really miss something we never had, and I have a bit of a hard time believing you actually "wanna hear" what people think about it. If this isn't yawntrolling, and you did actually care, you would have read the many previous posts on this same thing.
    Okay? Lol... I did but I wanted to hear what MORE people thought haha..

---------- Post added 2011-01-21 at 01:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    Am I the only one failing to see why this is in the Paladin class forums?

This is more of a General Discussion topic.
    You're right, BUT I wanted to hear what the Paladin people thought!

10+ Year Old Account
    This is more of a general WoW thing, so I'm gonna toss it on over to the proper forum.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

sounded like it was basically just more options for your talent trees

I can't help but think archaeology would have been a deeper prof if path was still around but I agree with bliz that it had too many conflicts with the direction things were going for cata.