Suggestion: Dungeons in Progress..

So I just spent the better part of 10 minutes looking for the official suggestion forum on the WoW website, and obviously I'm an idiot because I can't find it. So I'll post my idea here. I've primarily always used the dungeon finder as a tank, and as such I have no issue with it. My queues are instant, if I want to decline a dungeon in progress, I can just hit cancel and requeue for an instant dungeon. As a DPS however, this is a much more annoying issue. 30+ minute wait times for a dungeon, to have the queue pop and be in progress, on the last boss. Sounds like fun right?

So my suggestion is quite simple, a check box on the dungeon finder window. Something along the lines of "willing to enter dungeons in progress". If checked, you will accept any potential instance group that becomes available, in progress or not. If left unchecked, you might spend another 5 minutes in the queue, but you would ALWAYS get a fresh dungeon. As a DPS, this would save me a lot of hastle.

And yes, you can always get friends to just queue for you and have an instant queue, but really, can someone think of a downside to my idea?

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, no, I can't really think of a downside. Some go for gear and some go for the Justice Points. Having this option would satisfy both.

The only thing I can think of is that it would make it take longer for replacements to arrive since only people who checked themselves as willing to enter would be able to go.

The downside is that you'd have a SLIGHTLY longer queue, other than that' it's a good idea imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Could always offer a bonus reward for entering a dungeon in progress? Like if you're low level you get 2 satchels, or get some bonus justice points later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    The downside is that you'd have a SLIGHTLY longer queue, other than that' it's a good idea imo.
    Yeah this is really the only downside, and it can be compared to the time it takes to wait on a tank. Sometimes it's instant, sometimes you wait 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    The only thing I can think of is that it would make it take longer for replacements to arrive since only people who checked themselves as willing to enter would be able to go.
    This is also a serious concern. Most people (at this point in the expansion), are looking for full dungeon runs. Thus, I can only imagine that the majority of people would NOT be checking the "willing to enter dungeons in progress" option, resulting in finding replacements taking much, much longer.

Also... what qualifies as a "dungeon in progress"? Is it a dungeon in which no boss has been cleared? Technically, if you clear up to a boss, but don't down him, the dungeon IS in progress and, if you join it at the point, you've missed out on reputation and possible BoE drops. I feel like it might be really hard to determine what counts as "in progress" or what is not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urti
    No, they (new-gen gamers) are happy. Never happier than when they are crying loudly about the injustices of voluntary forms of entertainment.

The current definition of "in progress" in game is when a boss has been downed. I've joined "fresh" instances that were on the first boss with no trash. I understand the point of most people wanting full dungeon clears, but you have to consider it from a dps perspective as well. As a dps you have the longest wait by far of anyone, and for some people they may only have time for one or two dungeons at most a day. I know personally, I get furious as a DPS everytime I see "dungeon in progress" because I know it's either A. a failed group, or B. one boss left.