Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiglo View Post
    "Even though its 10 man", remarks like these piss me off to no end...
    Killing a boss that takes 25 players is always going to be a bigger achievement than killing a boss that requires 10 players. That's just the way it goes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by digmouse View Post
    Though it's in 10 man but still very very impressive world first.
    Maybe you should pay attention to Blizzard's stand on 10 vs 25 man raids and they are equal in difficulty. Ensidia (one of the best guilds out there prior to Cata and even has a couple of the world firsts in Cata) is now a 10 man raid guild instead of a 25 man. People need to get it out of their heads that a 10 man isn't as impressive as a 25 man. A 25 man just means more gold, VP, and items drop (all the same ilvl items too).

---------- Post added 2011-01-22 at 01:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Skullcrack View Post
    Killing a boss that takes 25 players is always going to be a bigger achievement than killing a boss that requires 10 players. That's just the way it goes.
    Someone never did 10 man Sarth 3D before everyone started zerging it apparently....

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Maybe you should pay attention to Blizzard's stand on 10 vs 25 man raids and they are equal in difficulty. Ensidia (one of the best guilds out there prior to Cata and even has a couple of the world firsts in Cata) is now a 10 man raid guild instead of a 25 man. People need to get it out of their heads that a 10 man isn't as impressive as a 25 man. A 25 man just means more gold, VP, and items drop (all the same ilvl items too).

---------- Post added 2011-01-22 at 01:16 AM ----------

Someone never did 10 man Sarth 3D before everyone started zerging it apparently....
    So according to you.. finding 10 equally good players is just as easy as finding 25 good players? 10m will never be as hard as 25m, sure on a personal level they might be equally hard but as a group 10m's will allways be easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Trival View Post
    So according to you.. finding 10 equally good players is just as easy as finding 25 good players? 10m will never be as hard as 25m, sure on a personal level they might be equally hard but as a group 10m's will allways be easier.
    While that statement is usually correct, there are a few fights in this game that 10 is harder than 25 on. Gaymer77's example being the best as Sarth+3 on 10 was MUCH harder than 25.

[QUOTE=gaymer77;10182955] Maybe you should pay attention to Blizzard's stand on 10 vs 25 man raids and they are equal in difficulty. Ensidia (one of the best guilds out there prior to Cata and even has a couple of the world firsts in Cata) is now a 10 man raid guild instead of a 25 man. People need to get it out of their heads that a 10 man isn't as impressive as a 25 man. A 25 man just means more gold, VP, and items drop (all the same ilvl items too).[QUOTE]

It has to be true becuse Blizzard said so, amirite ? They will allways be differant, trying to claim otherwise is just as trying to claim basketball and handball is the same becasue they are both played on the same court with a ball.

One fight in the history of the game is an exception not the rule, i'm sure there will be a few more exceptions but at the end of the day it's likely to still remain the exception.

It's to bad that Blizzard didn't redesign the raid part of the achivement system for this expansion, having 10 and 25 achivements separated would solve all these arguments, only change needed would be to have 10 achive become unavailable if you do it on 25 and vice versa.
    Last edited by Redblade; 2011-01-22 at 09:32 AM.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    However 3 dead dps in a 25 man is "meh" whereas 10 you may as well wipe it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Coar View Post
    I don't understand why holy shock is on 9 >.>
    banana fingers

No... while my guild is a 25man raiding guild, I believe that 10man raids are harder than 25 as there is no room for a mistake! All 10 raiders must perform the best way they can. In 25 man, if one dps or 2 are slacking, their loss can be covered by others. That is why 10 man raiding is harder...

Quote Originally Posted by Alphamage View Post
    No... while my guild is a 25man raiding guild, I believe that 10man raids are harder than 25 as there is no room for a mistake! All 10 raiders must perform the best way they can. In 25 man, if one dps or 2 are slacking, their loss can be covered by others. That is why 10 man raiding is harder...
    people are too ignorant to understand this, so they'll keep trolling with their "lols10man" attitudes.

Al'akir is trivialized on 10 man normal curious if that is case in 10 man HM -- in perspective with the 25 man HM version of course.

Grats.

Off-Topic: I would consider 10 man normal modes easier then 25 man normal modes however the situation is, for the most part, reversed for 10 man HM bosses.
    Last edited by Yooya; 2011-01-22 at 09:43 AM.

Deleted
    Ensidia (one of the best guilds out there prior to Cata and even has a couple of the world firsts in Cata) is now a 10 man raid guild instead of a 25 man.
    *Breaking news*, did you know Ensidia is still 25 man?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coar View Post
    I don't understand why holy shock is on 9 >.>
    He might use razer naga with its 12 buttons linked to the number bar instead of the numpad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiglo View Post
    "Even though its 10 man", remarks like these piss me off to no end...
    Word brother... who says 10man is easier than 25man?
    kthxbb

Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    However 3 dead dps in a 25 man is "meh" whereas 10 you may as well wipe it up.
    I don't ever remember going "meh" when 3 dps died during any progression fight in 25 man...most meaningful fights are tuned so that in the relevant gear level, you do need to have everyone alive. If they aren't, then you can have some dead people in 10 man too and still kill the boss.

I think the point most people are missing here is that some fights are harder in 10, some are harder in 25. Al'akir is one of those that's harder in 25, hence the comments that people still excited to wait for the 25 kill.

Regardless though, congratulations go to Dream for killing this!

Why they got another achivement "Realm Firtst! Sinestra "

Quote Originally Posted by Alphamage View Post
    Sure on a personal level 25m normals are easier because if you have retards with you, ppl with some skill can make up for it. But 25m hardmodes are not the same as normal. If someone slacks you will replace them and even though I have yet to start them I would bet that 1-3 deaths would mean a wipe in most hardmodes. But if we are talking normals... If 1 dps is slacking in normals the other 4(5) can easily make up for that, Hell... Even if a healer dies or slacks it is doable on most bosses just because you only have to heal 9 ppl.

The problem of finding 15 extra good players has nothing to do with the difficulty of the encounter - if you have 10 good players or 25 good players - the encounter on each is tuned to be the exact same difficulty. As someone stated as well, if you lose a couple of DPS or even a healer in a 25-man raid, it's not necessarily the end, you have plenty of backup to fulfil roles. Compared to a 10-man for example, if you lose a DPS, or two, that is the end of the encounter. In 10's if you generally only have one of each class, if they die and you need them - you're fucked. Need slows in a fight, and your hunter dies, what do you do? Get the priest to start laying frost traps? You have a druid on Soothe and he dies, make the Death Knight start enrage dispelling?

As you can see, each setting is just as difficult as the other in its own right, in my experience, even in ICC Hard modes before the % buff - 10's were always more unforgiving than 25's ever were.
    Last edited by taurendeathknight; 2011-01-22 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bisbald View Post
    a bug i guess.

All im saying is this needs to get on the front page. A world first is a world first.

Quote Originally Posted by bisbald View Post
    Assuming you have been on their armory, which I haven't... If they got it at the point of the al'akir kill, bug I guess, otherwise they may have actually killed him, but after Paragon, so there haven't been any news about it..