Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Restos: What off piece are YOU using?

Title says it all, I'd like some input in the best off piece t11 to use for a resto druid.
    Last edited by Roddypiper; 2011-01-22 at 08:59 AM.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    hey Roddypiper, im a 25 man Resto druid the off peice im going to use is the shoulders from omnatrom defense system purely and simply for the haste on them i dont find the mastery that good for 25 mans atm may get better when the cost of rejuv comes down and we can blanket again. but i might change my mind if i can find a BiS list for raids but i doubt it haste seems to be the go for 25 mans

10+ Year Old Account
    The tier 11 chest is the worst piece by far with no haste or spirit
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." — Marilyn Monroe

I'll probably end up going with the shoulders as the off piece because it doesn't really make sense to use 2 tier pieces on a single player when only 2 drop a week on 10 man.

Chest offpiece

10+ Year Old Account
    At present, I've chosen the shoulders as my off-piece, since the Passive Resistor Shoulders have spirit and haste. From what I could tell, there's only one chestpiece that has spirit on it, and the mastery makes it less than worth it in my mind. While I have the Chestguard of Nature's Fury right now, I will probably be picking up the tier chest at some point, just to have the four piece set bonus if I need it. It's not exactly on the top of my priority list at this point in time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherylina View Post
    The tier 11 chest is the worst piece by far with no haste or spirit
    This, you want the offset chest since our set chest is terribly itemized.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    This, you want the offset chest since our set chest is terribly itemized.
    "terribly" is very strong here. You have to look at it from the both sides.
    The real question is: T11 chest+omotron shoulders OR T11 shoulders+magmaw chest

T11 chest+omotron shoulders
    198 Spirit
    89 Mastery

T11 shoulders+magmaw chest
    109 Haste
    188 Critical

They are numerically equal you just have to choose between spirit+mastery and haste+crit. I'd choose T11 chest since mana situation is getting much better in 4.0.6

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't be too quick to dismiss spi. IF you are endgame raiding(reg end raid bosses into HMs), which is the only point which piece to use matters, you want spi on every piece. Or, if you are slightly undergeared for the encounter.

If you look at all the top progression druids, they either:

*have their 4 piece with offset chest
    *have their 2 piece with spi offset helm/chest/shoulder(372 offset gear vs 359 set pieces)

They also all have spi on every piece of gear. The top 5 world druids(the only ones I really looked at but every other even top 100 raider I know) reforge to spi on pieces like cloaks, where spi ones are harder to come by.

Yes, you can finish a fight without stacking spi. But if you are playing with good healers(top end, like I said, the only place the difference matters) you need that spi, even after the RJ change, if you want to top it.

I would rather have spi on all my tier and be able to reforge it if needed than pass on an up because we're working on mana intense fights and I can't spare the spi loss.

Deleted
    I will use chest, pants and shoulders off set. Will keep head and gloves.
    t11 chest is the worse item for resto druids ever - so ill take off piece from magmaw.
    Shoulders arent that bad, but off piece from Omitron are by far better.
    T11 pats are even worse then t11 shoulders, cause crit is crap. So I bought t11 boomkin pants with haste.

---------- Post added 2011-01-24 at 04:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mroz123 View Post
    "terribly" is very strong here. You have to look at it from the both sides.
    The real question is: T11 chest+omotron shoulders OR T11 shoulders+magmaw chest

T11 chest+omotron shoulders
    198 Spirit
    89 Mastery

T11 shoulders+magmaw chest
    109 Haste
    188 Critical

They are numerically equal you just have to choose between spirit+mastery and haste+crit. I'd choose T11 chest since mana situation is getting much better in 4.0.6
    And mana situation will pretty much stay equal or maybe will be even worse. Yes, rejuv will cost less, but only lifebloom will be procing Omen of Clarity. Now You can throw free regrowths or healing touches all over the place every now and then. In patch You wont and You will have to spend mana on it.
    Last edited by mmoc667af583f1; 2011-01-24 at 03:37 PM.

Deleted
    Imo the real question is can you reach the desired amount of haste without the omnitron shoulders and without sacrificing to much other stats? Its not even about what is better its more about: Can I reach the haste breakpoint I want to get to? Or do I need to spirit to prevent me from ooming?

Non set chest reforged mastery to haste + tier shoulders reforged mastery to haste:
    408 spirit 171 haste 257 mastery

Tier chest reforged crit to haste + non set shoulders:
    181 spirit 247 mastery 272 haste 136 crit

Choice is 227 spirit or 101 haste + 136 crit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeri2 View Post
    Imo the real question is can you reach the desired amount of haste without the omnitron shoulders and without sacrificing to much other stats? Its not even about what is better its more about can I reach that breakpoint I want to get to? Or do I need to spirit to prevent me from ooming?

Non set chest reforged mastery to haste + tier shoulders reforged mastery to haste:
    408 spirit 171 haste 257 mastery

Tier chest reforged crit to haste + non set shoulders:
    181 spirit 247 mastery 272 haste 136 crit

Choice is 227 spirit or 101 haste + 136 crit.
    Depends on what you're doing and how your gear is. In normal 25s/10s people aren't having a ton of mana trouble right now. In Hms I can assure you, you will need that spi.

This is why all endgame druids are taking the offspec chest if they are getting the 4 piece at all. If you ever want to do HMs and wont have the extra VP/tokens to buy all 5 pieces, the chest is the smartest overall piece to go offspec with. It's better to reforge out of spi then have to reforge in.

Deleted
    Its a choice depending on your gear indeed. 230 spirit is about well 130 mp5 or so depending on your gear.

WG costs ~4500 mana, that means you need to have 130mp5 * 34 times, that makes 173 secs which is almost 3 minutes.
    So 230 spirit equals 1 WG / 3 minutes.

Now assume this 100 haste gives you a 9th WG tick.

That means instead of 48 ticks a WG will give 56 ticks, a 6 ticks upgrade a 1/8 WG upgrade. Now the CD will be 8secs.
    So 100 haste equals a gain of 1/8WG / 8s.

Making this over 173s it takes to get a WG through spirit to equal this with the mp5: 1/8wg * 21 = 2.6 WG / 3 minutes.

Deleted
    What also is an interesting option, more interesting then the omnitron shoulders is to go with t11 moonkin leggins instead of resto leggins. I think that would be the largest gain.

4piece + engineering helm.

Deleted
    No thats not BiS my friend.. The resto druid t11 head has perfect itemisation and comes on a heroic iLevel aswell unlike the engi head. Im putting my EPGP/DKP on Moonkin legs + 4 set.

Chest. I want spirit on everything. I can get haste elsewhere

It depends on what stat you value more. I see a lot of people mentioning the shoulders from Omnotron, since they have haste, but if you want to maximize haste, you'd be better off picking up Gale Rouser Leggings from Al'Akir (Undertow (spirit/haste) or Fireflash (crit/haste) suffixes are both good), you just have to get lucky that one of the better versions of it drops. If you want to maximize spirit, then go for the chest from Magmaw.

I'm an engineer so I leave head tokens for others to use first, until heroic my engi helm is better.

The 3 options(linking 359 comparison). Boomkin pants(or galerouser of undertow +/- 20spi/haste) vs magmaw chest vs tron shoulders.

http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items...78:60280:59218

Of note is that tron shoulders are the easier heroic offset to obtain.
    Gale rouser leggings of the undertow are same stats distribution as boomkin with more balance in favor of spirit instead of haste, require a very lucky drop random suffix vs needing to spend on them instead of other slots.

---------- Post added 2011-01-30 at 09:35 PM ----------

magmaw vest also has 20mastery socket bonus vs the other int options.

heya.

Use 4 set, excluding the shoulders (get the ones from Omn Def Sys)
    Reforge mastery into haste. (Mastery looks slightly better in the next patch)
    Happy healing

Regards, respect, peace,
    Prozah.