Whisper Focus Macro

Hello, is there a way to whisper the player you have set as focus? I have a macro to cast Misdirection on my focus target, and I just wanna whisper him too when I cast it.

Deleted
    Code:
    /run if UnitExists("focus") then SendChatMessage(">> MISDIRECTED: You <<", "WHISPER", nil, (UnitName("focus"))) end

As an extension to this question, is there a way to whisper ONLY if my Misdirection is up and I actually use it?

Sorry to necro a post... I am curious if we can take this a step further for tanks. I also have yet to test to see if this works cross realm because this script was written in 2011.

I would like to have this macro whisper ONLY when I am targeting my focus's current target. If that is possible.. The reason being, If I have to taunt off of a random person that has pulled aggro at the start of a fight, I don't need it whispering the other tank that I have focus targeted to watch his debuff stacks. I hope I'm not overcomplicating things

My current macro looks something like this:
    #showtooltip Growl
    /cast Growl
    /run if UnitExists("focus") then SendChatMessage(">> Taunting! <<", "WHISPER", nil, (UnitName("focus"))) end
    Last edited by Jink; 2014-01-02 at 06:35 PM.

Deleted
    Try using GetUnitName to make it work cross-realm.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    Try using (link) to make it work cross-realm.
    So instead my macro should look like:

#showtooltip Growl
    /cast Growl
    /run if UnitExists("focus") then SendChatMessage(">> Taunting! <<", "WHISPER", nil, (GetUnitName("focus",showServerName))) end

For cross realm?

Edit: Just tested... I must have done something wrong >.< Lol. Very broken.
    Last edited by Jink; 2014-01-02 at 07:22 PM.

Deleted
    Code:
    /run if UnitExists("focus") then SendChatMessage(">> Taunting! <<", "WHISPER", nil, GetUnitName("focus",true)) end

Thanks for the help! Much appreciated. Guess I'm asking for a lot with the other condition >.< lol

Code:
    /run if UnitExists("focus") and (UnitName("target") == UnitName("focustarget")) then SendChatMessage(">> Taunting! <<", "WHISPER", nil, GetUnitName("focus",true)) end

Deleted
    Oh, didn't even notice that part, sorry.

Code:
    /run if UnitExists("focus") and UnitIsUnit("target","focustarget") then SendChatMessage(">> Taunting! <<", "WHISPER", nil, GetUnitName("focus",true)) end