Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Your Tol'vir rare/common count ?

Hey all

I was woundering whay your Tol'vir rare/commen count is? Im on 2 rare / 22 common so fare, I have the Scarab and Ring, im really hoping for a new rare soon.

I found out that it only takes 2 digs + 2 keystones pr solve, but its costning me a small fortune.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have dinged 525 3 days ago, since then im digging only in Kalimdor and haven't seen a Tol vir site yet.

I have solved 6 commons and doing my first rare now. It's the ring.

Yeah, I got two common's then I got the Scarab. I don't even want to try to solve that right now. So I'm over on EK farming out my zin'rokh. I managed to get the damn skull planter 5 times.. In a row.

Talk about RNG fail.

I got the ring at first :P without solving a single common..

Deleted
    Im up at nearly 70 Tolvir solves 1 being the ring and 1 being the "amazing" scarab pendant. I have spent 60k plus for the hieroglyphs and got my Prof title during this nightmare journey.

I have now given up for a while as I am out of gold and sick to death of Arch. I wanted the AQ bug mount but RNG aint my friend so for now I have hung my shovel up and its staying there til I have the patience to try again.

2/31 now, dont hope I need to get to 70 commons before the next rare...

Deleted
    i gave up for a while, but im at 62 commons and 2 rares (ring and pendant). Just sick how lucky people can be who get the mount after 5 solves and others dont get it after 80++ solves. Looks like RNG is only a friend of a few people...

10+ Year Old Account
    1 rare, 3 common.

I haven't been getting many Tol'vir sites, but already have my Ring of the Boy Emperor.

Done about 40 Tol'vir projects, 3 of them rare (Ring, Scarab, Mount - in that order) and 6 canopic jars without recipes in them.

10+ Year Old Account
    1 rare 7 common....

I'm at 13/20 rare solves and at the first dig got the Canopic Jar, alas no recipe, but then the next was Scarab pendant, had to farm Kalimindor for 5 hrs yesterday to get only 2 more digs in Uldum. The pendant is gonna wait while I go farm dwarves and trolls in EK. I really am disliking fossils right now so there's less of them in EK.

I have around 55 solves, 4 rares. Ring, Scarabs, 1h sword, pet. 7 canoptic jars without the recipe. Also got the professor title. But noooo mount.
    Last edited by Armen2; 2011-01-23 at 06:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know its rng but ive managed to make my own system for this working from north to south its worked for me to where i can get all 4 dig sites in uldum so basically ive figured out how to control the rng believe it or not

I assumed it was optimal to use a tolvir site as soon as it spawned in order to maximize your chance at spawning another? It seems like waiting for 4 tolvir sites to be up at once would be hindering that??

10+ Year Old Account
    I have three Tol'vir items. And everything but one night elf artifact that is the damn doll. Oh and night elf and fossils are the only ones that spawn. Always at the opposite end of the continent too.

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmax View Post
    I know its rng but ive managed to make my own system for this working from north to south its worked for me to where i can get all 4 dig sites in uldum so basically ive figured out how to control the rng believe it or not
    I've tried this before, but whenever I've cleared sites south to about Feralas. Pop! a dang winterspring site comes up. Then I'll decide to just continue south but the next one I clear brings up that dang Jaedenar site or something equally far... So I know that during the next cycle I have to go up and over or around Hyjal at least once...

Does your system require being a shaman with glyphed astral recall so you can keep using the portal to hyjal?

Waiting until you have more than 1 Tol'vir digsite is counter-productive - you're just making the grind even worse for yourself. When you get a Tol'vir digsite on your map, you want to get there as soon as possible. Only if you can get to the next digsite within a minute (estimate) should you consider not moving to Uldum instantly.

the best way to farm tol'vir is to farm the digs as soon as they pop lol.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerbs View Post
    Does your system require being a shaman with glyphed astral recall so you can keep using the portal to hyjal?
    Yes. I actually abuse this glyph so much it's insane. Also a scribe so there's another short hearthstone cooldown.