Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    We used to do this with 5, but we weren't raidgeared.

OTOH, we did it for RP-gear, and roleplayers are usually better players in general.
    I lol'd. If by better players you mean better at roleplaying sex in Cut-Throat Alley in Stormwind, then I'd totally agree. Otherwise sweeping generalizations are bad.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

With 452 resistance I took the full damage of the Pyroblast. Doesn't seem like it will work unfortunately - besides his normal fireballs hitting for 20k are equally as painful.

A feral druid tank and myself tried to 2 man him but then i remembered the mind control and I think if you're MCed he resets. Could be wrong.. We tried it any way and couldn't get past the revived phase but at least it was fun.
    ...And that's why I had to kill daddy. He was giving the mouse a cookie!

Moon is sheep. Let it be written!

Soloed it 2 weeks in a row now as a prot paladin in dps gear + sword&shield. It took quite a few attempts to get it down but its not impossible. hardest part was when all of the advisers rez at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Equilibrioception View Post
    My friend (warrior) and I are wondering if we could 2man it. Idea is for me to commit suicide before he starts MCing and let him finish off the last phase. Would this have a chance of working? :P

Also, does he stop MCing at some point? (soulstone could come in handy if so?)
    Don't think this will work.. I'm pretty sure that he will MC if there has, at any given point of the encounter, been more than 1 person present.. I can't recall where I have experienced this, but I think it was by hakkar, while trying to boost a friend in there for the ach.. I killed him during an MC and after that, he'd MC me again and reset later in the fight..
    Can't say for sure though, since this is all blurry memories and the encounters might not work the same way

---------- Post added 2011-01-23 at 02:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Marnel View Post
    Soloed it 2 weeks in a row now as a prot paladin in dps gear + sword&shield. It took quite a few attempts to get it down but its not impossible. hardest part was when all of the advisers rez at once.
    Evidence?

10+ Year Old Account
    its impossible i believe, if you have a minion out your able to be MCEd, and the mobs when they all spawn together hit like a truck, as an ench shaman and a ret paladin, we couldnt 2 man kael, the silence + MC got us, and the mobs hit very hard, we only managed to down al'ar

I'm pretty sure that he will MC if there has, at any given point of the encounter, been more than 1 person present.
    This is false.

Evidence?
    Roll a paladin/dk then follow the strat used in this video, its not as hard as people make it sound.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atATv...layer_embedded

Quote Originally Posted by Marnel View Post
    Video Solo'ing from a live server plz? =)

first phases until Kael goes active are easy for anyone to solo on live. It's when you get to the fireball spam and the pyros where it becomes difficult. Tried this as several different warlock specs and none of them have been close to successful in current gear. Possibly the SL/SL/SL spec Gherkin posted and the new fel armor changes it could be done in 4.0.6

Any class with suffecient dps and self heals should be able to solo this. Im gonna go try on my spriest later. I would think any paladin could do this, and DK with AMS/Death Strike makes it a complete joke.

P.S. Fire Resist will not help, resists will only work vs his binary spell Arcane Disruption. I resisted 0 dmg from Fireball/Pyro with like 400+ resist.

15+ Year Old Account
    Kael is configured to MC X number of people who are not the tank. If your pet is tanking you are guaranteed to be MC'd. If you bring a friend, there is a small chance one of you will not be mc'd (again, if the pet is tanking).

If there is only 1 person to MC that is not the tank, he will do so. If there are 2 people to MC that are not the tank, he may or may not target both of you.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin View Post
    Kael is configured to MC X number of people who are not the tank. If your pet is tanking you are guaranteed to be MC'd. If you bring a friend, there is a small chance one of you will not be mc'd (again, if the pet is tanking).

If there is only 1 person to MC that is not the tank, he will do so. If there are 2 people to MC that are not the tank, he may or may not target both of you.
    Could you then bring along a pet for purely dps purposes, say the imp for your destro spec? You would have aggro on kael then, be able to reap the benefits of soul link, and still not have to worry about the MC since I've never seen a pet get MCed before. If this is true it might be worth it to drop some points in fel synergy then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Damntastic View Post
    wotlk champs wants to run through instances like fucking mario

15+ Year Old Account
    20k fireball crits at 5.6% crit rate mean that on average, he will hit you for ~11k per cast every 2 seconds. This means you need to survive ~85,000 damage every 15 seconds.

Assuming you have 140k hp, corruption ticking every 3 seconds, and getting off a Soul Fire every 3 seconds with 2 second Chaos Bolts in between, this is 4 Soul Fires, 1 Chaos Bolt, and a corruption every 15 seconds, or 1% x 5 + 4% x 5 = 25% of your hp every 15 seconds, or 35K HP. Add in dps from Fel Armor in 4.0.6, which will be lessened because you need to survive the disorient via the staff and thus have 1500 missing spell power, and you still won't quite make it. However with a health stone and Netherward on cooldown, you stand a change at breaking even.

You need to do 1.25m damage before he kills you so that you can nuke him in the air and get back to full health. I don't think this is doable without massive pet management/dismiss control. You would have to go into the fight without a pet, wait for the MC timer, then pop a void walker to taunt and heal to full, only to dismiss before the next mc went out.

---------- Post added 2011-01-24 at 11:49 AM ----------

You might be able to bring a pet, providing it's not tanking, but I'm not sure.

R.I.P. YARG

*removed; mispost*
    Last edited by Skiptumalu; 2011-01-24 at 07:58 PM.

So if the pet thing works that's 17k damage every 15 seconds that we goes to our pet, or about 1.1k hps less that we need to do on ourselves. Netherward comes out to a constant 12% reduction on spell damage throughout the fight assuming you have the clarity of mind to use it on CD. Going with Gherkin's math plus this stuff I'm still coming up with about 15-20k dmg that needs to be covered by Fel Armor under perfect circumstances...any ideas?

15+ Year Old Account
    Sacrifice shield, 25% soul link (20s uptime), glyph of health stone

---------- Post added 2011-01-24 at 12:18 PM ----------

And don't forget that the pet could take the pyro nukes if they don't line up with mc, but you are also taking fireballs to the face while summoning the void.

R.I.P. YARG

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I believe warlocks in t13 would be able to solo it as affliction easily.

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin View Post
    Sacrifice shield, 25% soul link (20s uptime), glyph of health stone
    Alright then, after checking the my numbers on Nether Ward/Sacrifice, including glyphed Soul Link and Healthstone, and including Sacrifice, and assuming the dps voidwalker pet thing actually works (which I don't think it will but it's nice to dream), this is definitely viable if the next tier of raid gear brings us to 140k hp.

15+ Year Old Account
    You can get 140k now, with a scroll of kings + fort

R.I.P. YARG

Using similar glyphs I could see it being possible with a drain life spec too, the only problem being surviving the pyroblasts without Nether Ward. If you can keep the pet up then this point is nullified and I'd go so far as to say it's possible this tier, but again, I'm wary of the pet thing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nope, no phase shift. Glad its gone though, it made for problems 80% of the time.
    Nether Ward > Drain Life, due to the 1% every 3 seconds being quite insignificant.

I wonder if you could get better gains stacking stamina gear and trinkets rather than dps. That might push the Soul Leech healing to higher than the Fel Armor loss.

R.I.P. YARG