Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Learn to heal with this awesome game!

Not stealing credit for this, it's originally posted on Manaflask.com and the original thread can be found here;

http://manaflask.com/forum_topic.php...c_id=31969&p=1

This game is seriously awesome though. Its just a very simple flash game where you have to heal people to keep them alive, but it's seriously the most addictive thing ever.

http://murk.is/emperor/?

Deleted
    yeah... wotlk healing is back in this game. nice idea, really... but it is just heal spamming. 2\10

That is nowhere like healing, sorry...
    Ecce homo ergo elk

That's just terrible...

Healing is an art, this is not art.

At most this teaches the 101 of healing, make sure you click your target. So I'll give it credit for teaching healers that.

3/10.
    WoW only has 10 million subscribers it must be dying! WoW sucks!
    I'm sorry no, clearly you didn't see Chuck Norris allowed 10 million to survive his Purge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, this is totally how healing is. Why are some healers complaining?
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by P4R45171K View Post
    Healing is an art, this is not art.

At most this teaches the 101 of healing, make sure you click your target. So I'll give it credit for teaching healers that.

3/10.

the first thing any serious healer does is get a method to not require target clicking... be it an addon like clique or mouseover macros

O.o Sounds like laziness to me, I'm sure a baddie is coming along here somewhere, but when said player can out heal me, then I'll gladly say I'm bad.
    WoW only has 10 million subscribers it must be dying! WoW sucks!
    I'm sorry no, clearly you didn't see Chuck Norris allowed 10 million to survive his Purge.

Deleted
    O.o Sounds like laziness to me, I'm sure a baddie is coming along here somewhere, but when said player can out heal me, then I'll gladly say I'm bad.
    Laziness? Skipping one step in process of selecting the target and casting a heal only speeds it up, and faster reaction is always better. I don't know if I could outheal you, but I did heal 12/12 hc icc25 in my offspec(yes, before Cata.), so I believe I do know at least a little bit.
    Last edited by mmocab3a46fee3; 2011-01-23 at 12:29 AM.

This isn't gonna teach anyone to heal in WoW, or at the very least, it might teach them some bad habits.

Fun game though.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's hardly laziness. You skip one step, react faster and it is easier (in my opinion). I don't think I know any healer who doesn't use mouseover macro's or clique.

Any way, on topic: This is totally how healing is. I wonder why some healers suck.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    Click healing doesn't mean you are bad, it just means that you are limiting your reaction time. Simply put, if you are good now, you will be even better by switching to a mouseover macro or one of those click heal addons. I prefer MO macros myself. They take variable time to get used to, but you won't know how you healed without them after.
    Last edited by The Pwii; 2011-01-23 at 12:32 AM.

moTheory - My new website where I overthink games. (WIP)

Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2011-01-23 at 01:10 AM. Reason: Overlarge image.

It kinda teaches target priority. But, yeah, there wasn't even a resource. It was fun for 10 minutes though. :<

Deleted
    well that was fun, just wasted far too much time playing it

I also won' :\

And I use grid and click then cast heals. so... jajaja

Deleted
    Just completed it without a single death (except the DPS getting one-shot at the start of the second or third boss... What's the point of that?).

I'll start out by dropping it simple:
    For the purpose of teaching anyone how to heal in World of Warcraft: Cataclysm, this is a horrible game. To understand why, you must first understand what healing has become in contrast to Wrath of the Lich King:

* Healing is now about conserving your mana.
    * Healing is now about knowing whether to use your base heal, throw in a quick heal, or load up a strong, slow heal.
    * Healing is now about making sure the damage dealers can survive the relatively few unavoidable damage spikes, if they properly avoid or mitigate at least most of the avoidable damage - rather than making sure they are topped off at all times even if they stand in many spikes.
    * Healing now includes pre-casting on prediction, mixing reactions with strategy and creative thinking to know when you can start casting a big heal in order to be done by the time the damage hits.

This flash game, however, teaches you the following:
    * There are no resources, so there is nothing to conserve.
    * The only direct single target heal you will ever want to use is quick and efficient.
    * The AoE has a low cooldown and no consequence, so use it whenever you can - like topping off the last DPS.
    * If everyone is full health, spam heal them a bit more. Eventually, a damage spike will hit and you might be lucky to precast something.
    * Damage dealt to the group is always inconsistent and unpatterned, and the only reason you have tanks is because they can survive more damage. They don't take more damage to begin with.

Furthermore, as a DPS since 3.1 I personally found this game too easy. Every single level reminded me somewhat of healing on Loatheb 10-man as a resto druid - just with more unpredictable and random, and less windows for tactical precasting. Not that it mattered in either case.

With the problem of many newbies healing today being that they do not grasp the concepts of Cata healing contra Wrath, the last thing I would ever ask them to use for practice would be an undertuned Loatheb simulator with Wrath-like mechanics. Considering that you could run out of mana from spamhealing in order to precast by luck back then (as you do with no consequence in this game), and that some mechanics could kill the target if you didn't heal them (rather than requiring you to ignore them until the next mechanic hit 15 seconds later), I doubt I'd even give someone a shot at this to learn Wrath style healing.

So please, do me a favor and never ask anyone to use this in order to improve their healing or to prepare a new player for Cataclysm content. It will only hurt everyone in the end.

Lol nothing like healing but I had fun playing this.

I got far enough to get all the heals.... wasn't really anything new and/or exciting after that. :\ not really hard, just lots of spamming. also, clicking is annoying/bad - mouseover macros ftw..... wish i had them for that game lol
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

15+ Year Old Account
    It was a joke about ' learning how to heal ' with it :P I was honestly just using a title I figured would catch attention :P.

It's a fun game though I think! Really easy and I know that healing isn't like that anymore.