Quote Originally Posted by Avalya View Post
And just make spirit cloth? While it would solve the "problem" (it really isn't) of having 2 different cloth sets (hit and spirit), it would mean that 3 classes, 9 (NINE!) specs would have to roll on the same gear.

Spirit Cloth - 1 class, 3 specs.
Hit Cloth - 3 classes, 7 specs.
DPS Leather - 2 classes, 4 (+ feral tank) specs.
Spirit Leather - 1 class, 2 specs.
DPS Mail - 2 classes, 4 specs.
Spirit Mail - 1 class, 2 specs.
DPS Plate - 3 classes, 5 specs.
Tank Plate - 3 classes, 3 specs.

Spirit Accessories - 4 classes, 8 specs.
Hit+Int Accessories - 5 classes, 9 specs.
Agi Accessories - 4 classes, 8 specs (+ feral tank).
Str Accessories - 3 classes, 5 specs.
Tank Accessories - 4 classes, 4 specs.

As you can see, hit cloth (and accessories) are used by the highest amount of classes and specs, but the loot is pretty equally distributed in raids (at least 25 mans), except for tanking items, because you only use 3 tanks in a 25 man, but other than that it seems to work just fine. If there was no hit cloth, or no hit gear at all (except for agi/str gear) then there would be way too many people rolling on them, resulting in either:
- Half the raid being undergeared when you start working on heroic progress, or
- Blizzard having to increase the drop chance (or quantity) of spirit items that drop.
Neither of which are any good ideas. I'd rather keep having hit cloth, thank you very much.
Umm...me thinks you forgot about holy paladins, I believe we wear spirit plate, but I can't seem to find that in your list.

Spriest/boom/ele rolling on spirit armor = fine
spriest/boom/ele rolling on spirit neck/ring/weapon/off/relic... = fine
Spriest/boom/ele rolling on spirit trinket = depends....if it's a spirit proc, then they are stupid...