that hotfix was my bad Somarlane's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb To Honor One's Elders - Elder Locations (MoP compliant)

Lunar Festival is from 27 January through 9 February. It's only two weeks this year. Plan accordingly.

UPDATE: Reputation gains have been hotfixed. Horde players now will gain reputation with Bilgewater Cartel when completing the elder quests, and now ALL home factions properly cap at Friendly (5999/6000). After that point, a player must use the city tabards in old world dungeons to progress further.

I also recommend completely reading this guide (of sorts) before you start your journey. It may help you be more efficient in talking to elders.

I have confirmed all locations of the elders. Please, post or PM if a link does not work or leads to the wrong page; or if there is some other mistake I need to be made aware of. Suggestions for improvement are also welcome. Thank you. Feel free to share tips or just chat about the event, too.

_______Elders of Kalimdor__________
    Elder Starweave - Darkshore - 49.5, 18.9 (west side of Lor'danel)
    Elder Nightwind - Felwood - 38.4, 52.9 (south from entrance of tower)
    Elder Brightspear - Winterspring - 53.2, 56.6 (south-eastern side of Lake Kel'theril)
    Elder Stonespire - Everlook, Winterspring - 59.8, 49.6
    Elder Skygleam - Azshara - 64.7, 79,4 (feet of Ravencrest Monument)
    Elder Bladeleaf - Dolanaar, Teldrassil - 56, 53 (near the flight master, watch out for guard NPC)*
    Elder Riversong - Astranaar, Ashenvale - 35.5, 48.4 (inside a gazebo, guard NPC nearby!)
    Elder Runetotem - Razor Hill, Durotar - 53, 43.7 (next to flight master, guards will spawn!)
    Elder Windtotem - Ratchet, Northern Barrens - 68.7, 69.9 (left of ugly goblin building)
    Elder Moonwarden - The Crossroads, Northern Barrens - 48.8, 58.8 (sort of near flight master)
    Elder Bloodhoof - Bloodhoof Village, Mulgore - 48.2, 53 (near the bridge)
    Elder High Mountain - Vendetta Point, Southern Barrens - 41.5, 47.5 (southern end)
    Elder Grimtotem - Lariss Pavilion, Feralas - 76.7,37.6 (north of Camp Mojache)
    Elder Mistwalker - (The Maul) Dire Maul, Feralas - 62.6, 31.1 (in the arena, NOT instanced)
    Elder Thunderhorn - The Slithering Scar, Un'goro Crater - 50, 76 (... bugs. I hate bugs.)
    Elder Morningdew - Fizzle and Pozzik's Speedbarge, Thousand Needles - 77.1, 75.6 (corner of southern attached barge. Not hard to spot.)
    Elder Skyseer - Freewind Post, Thousand Needles - 46.3, 51 (left side of the inn)
    Elder Dreamseer - Gadgetzan, Tanaris - 51.4, 28.8 (southern side of cage)
    Elder Ragetotem - Valley of the Watchers, Tanaris - 37.2, 79 (sandwiched between stone columns)
    Elder Bladesing - Cenarion Hold, Silithus - 53.1, 34.9 (standing in moonwell)
    Elder Primestone - The Crystal Vale, Silithus - 30.8 13.12 (north part of the camp)

_______Elders of Eastern Kingdoms_______
    Elder Snowcrown - Light's Hope Chapel, Eastern Plaguelands - 75.7,54.6 (next to wall & near quartermaster npc)
    Elder Windrun - Crown Guard Tower, Eastern Plaguelands - 35.6, 68.8 (inside the tower)
    Elder Moonstrike - Scholomance, Western Plaguelands - 69.2, 73.4 (top of Scholomance building)
    Elder Meadowrun - The Weeping Cave, Western Plaguelands - 63.5, 36.1 (inside the cave, follow middle path)
    Elder Graveborn - Brill, Tirisfal Glades - 61.9, 53.9 (south entrance to the village, guards will spawn!)
    Elder Obsidian - The Sepulcher, Silverpine Forest - 45, 41.1 (next to some grave stones, easy to find)
    Elder Highpeak - The Creeping Ruin, The Hinterlands - 50, 48 (highest mound o' dirt)
    Elder Silvervein - Thelsamar, Loch Modan - 33.3, 46.5 (outskirt of the village, overlooking it)
    Elder Goldwell - Kharanos, Dun Morogh - 53.9, 49.8 (standing next to the inn, building w/ big keg on top of it
    Elder Rumblerock - Dreadmaul Rock, Burning Steppes - 70.1, 45.4 (southeast side of Dreadmaul Rock, a little below the pinnacle)
    -----Phasing issue has been hotfixed. (source)
    Elder Dawnstrider - Flame Crest, Burning Steppes - 53.6, 24.5 (just west of the Flame Crest ramp, easy to spot)
    Elder Ironband - Blackchar Cave, Searing Gorge -21.3, 79.1 (outside the entrance to cave)
    Elder Stormbrow - Goldshire, Elwynn Forest - 39.8, 63.7 (outskirt of the village, near the smithy and a pond)
    Elder Skychaser - Sentinel Hill, Westfall - 56.6, 47.1 (top of a tower, couple of lvl 30 Alliance NPCs)
    Elder Starglade - Zul'Gurub, Northern Stranglethorn - 71, 34.3 (southeast of where the raid instance portal used to be)
    Elder Winterhoof - Booty Bay, The Cape of Stranglethorn - 40, 72.5 (standing on bank rooftop)
    Elder Bellowrage - Blasted Lands - 54.3, 49.5 (in the vicinity of the Dark Portal, standing next to a couple o' kegs

_______Elders of the Horde__________
    Elder Darkhorn - Orgrimmar - 52.4, 60.0 (next to the flight master, watch out for flying patrols)
    Elder Wheathoof - Elder Rise, Thunderbluff - 73, 23.7 (between two trees, occasional guard NPC patrol)
    Elder Darkcore - Undercity - 66.6, 37.8 (back and left of the throne in the throne room, no guard NPCs)

_______Elders of the Alliance_________
    Elder Bladeswift - Darnassus - 39.2, 31.9 (in Cenarion Enclave; watch out for the patrolling mounted guard)*
    Elder Bronzebeard - Ironforge - 28.1, 17 (The Mystic Ward. Fly low so mounted guards won't dismount you w/ their guns!)
    Elder Hammershout - Stormwind (technically Elwynn Forest) - 34,50 (outside & southeast of the Gates of Stormwind)

*IMPORTANT: Horde, you do not need to take the boat from Stormwind if you have old-world flying. Just find the point of water (it's "near" Lor'danel) that sticks out the most, point your character in the direction of Rut'theran Village and fly a straight line. 150% flying speed is enough to make it. Also, if you have old world flying, just fly up and over the tree stump. DON'T use the teleporter. As a normal-dungeons 85 DK, I was gibbed. (The guard NPCs are now level 90 instead of 85, be careful.) Non-flyers – prepare to corpse run.

_______Elders of the Dungeons_______
    Includes level ranges from Wowhead and blue post and additional info from browsing Wowhead comments. Level range = recommended low-high (absolute minimum for entering instance).

Elder Splitrock - Maraudon (Pristine Waters) - 34-44 (25) | YouTube video, source: WuphonsReach
    Elder Farwhisper - Stratholme (Main Gate) - 42-53 (37) | directions, source: Vanchak
    Elder Wildmane - Zul'Farrak - 44-54 (39)
    Elder Morndeep - Blackrock Depths (Prison) - 47-57 (42) | Note: Shadowforge Key no longer needed. | directions, source: alixis1984
    Elder Starsong - Sunken Temple - 50-60 (45) | Note: Sunken Temple is the instance. Appears as The Temple of Atal'Hakkar on zone map.
    Elder Stonefort - Lower Blackrock Spire - 55-65 (48) | YouTube video, source: Iwantcable
    Elder Jarten - Utgarde Keep - 70-72 (65)
    Elder Igasho - The Nexus - 71-73 (66)
    Elder Nurgen - Azjol-Nerub - 72-74 (67) | Note: Must kill Krik'thir the Gatewatcher in order to progress to elder.
    Elder Kilias - Drak'Tharon Keep - 74-76 (69) | Note: Classes/races w/o some form of stealth must kill Trollgore to progress to elder.
    Elder Ohanzee - Gundrak - 76-78 (71)
    Elder Yurauk - Halls of Stone - 77-79 (70)
    Elder Chogan'gada - Utgarde Pinnacle - 79-80 (75) | Note: Must kill Skadi the Ruthless in order to progress to elder.

_______Elders of Northrend__________
    Elder Arp - D.E.H.T.A. Encampment, Borean Tundra - 57.4, 43.7 (west side of camp, easy to spot)
    Elder Northal - Transitus Shield (Coldarra), Borean Tundra - 33.8, 34.4 (back of the camp)
    Elder Pamuya - Warsong Hold, Borean Tundra - 41.9, 49 (overlooking Mightstone Quarry north of hold)
    Elder Sardis - Valiance Keep, Borean Tundra - 59.1, 65.6 (northeast corner, just outside wall)
    Elder Morthie - Stars’ Rest, Dragonblight - 29.7, 55.9 (southeast corner of Alliance camp, guaranteed to flag Horde players)
    Elder Skywarden - Agmar’s Hammer, Dragonblight - 35.1, 48.3 (near southwest entrance to village)
    Elder Thoim - Mo’aki Harbor, Dragonblight - 48.8, 78.2 (area between the two docks)
    Elder Beldak - Westfall Brigade Encampment, Grizzly Hills - 60.6, 27.7 (west outskirt of camp)
    Elder Lunaro - Ruins of Tethys, Grizzly Hills - 80.5, 37.1 (ruined building between three islands)
    Elder Whurain - Camp Oneqwah, Grizzy Hills - 64.2, 47 (east ridge overlooking camp)
    Elder Bluewolf - Wintergrasp Fortress, Wintergrasp - 49, 13.6 (inside fortress, faction must have control)
    Elder Sandrene - River’s Heart, Sholazar Basin - 49.8, 63.6 (near the camp)
    Elder Wanikaya - (Rainspeaker Rapids), Sholazar Basin - 63.8, 49 (behind the Avatar of Freya, can’t miss)
    Elder Fargal - Frosthold, Storm Peaks - 28.9, 73.7 (east side overlooking outpost)
    Elder Graymane – K3, Storm Peaks - 41.2, 84.7 (east of flight master)
    Elder Muraco - Camp Tunka’lo, Storm Peaks - 64.6, 51.3 (along path leading to camp)
    Elder Stonebeard - Bouldercrag’s Refuge (Snowdrift Plains), Storm Peaks - 31.3, 37.6 (inside the cave)
    Elder Tauros - Zim’Torga, Zul'Drak - 58.9, 56 (northwest corner of outpost)

_______Elders of Cataclysm__________
    Elder Evershade - Nordrassil, Mount Hyjal - 62.5, 22.8 (to the right of Stormwind portal)
    Elder Windsong - Sanctuary of Malorne, Mount Hyjal - 26.7, 62.1 (hard to miss)
    Elder Menkhaf - (Khartut's Tomb) Uldum - 65.5, 18.7 (east side, on descending flight of stairs)
    Elder Sekhemi - Ruins of Ammon, Uldum - 31.6, 63.0 (many yards northwest of large brazier in center courtyard)
    Elder Darkfeather - Thundermar Ruins, Twilight Highlands - 51.9, 33.1 (kinda east of the southern-most house icon that is still part of Thundermar on map)
    Elder Firebeard - Dunwald Ruins (Dunwald Town Square), Twilight Highlands - 50.9, 70.5 (LOT of drakes flying above; ettin patrols on path nearby)
    Elder Stonebrand - Temple of Earth, Deepholm - 49.7, 54.9 (inside the entrance)
    Elder Deepforge - Stonehearth, Deepholm - 27.7, 69.2 (next to graveyard)
    Elder Moonlance - Biel'aran Ridge, (sub-zone Shimmering Expanse) Vashj'ir - 57.3, 86.2 (W side of SE building icon in Biel'aran Ridge area)*

*TIPS: Horde will want to ride to Legion’s Rest; Alliance will want Voldrin’s Hold. Thank you, modernmage. If you have never opened up Vashj’ir and are level 80+, you will need to take the quest that brings you to the zone and then go above the sea and travel with your flying mount until you reach the destination (bring an Elixir of Water Breathing or similar for safety!). If you are level 79 or below, find two friends with 1) access 2) Have Group, Will Travel one of whom is a warlock and 3) willing to kill monsters BEFORE summoning you. Oh, and make certain your hearthstone or equivalent is off cool-down. (R.I.P. HGWT. )
    Last edited by Somarlane; 2013-02-04 at 06:21 PM. Reason: updated for MoP
    2021-09-21
    23:02 chelly: bobs and virginia

10+ Year Old Account
    Àh nice to see someone that has updated the list, was doing this achievement on an alt but most of the locations are outdated and getting a bit sick of looking through the comment at wowhead for where they really are ><.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you. You can find this post split into two posts on Wowhead for each of the faction elders. (Too much effort and too much text to do it for any other elders. /shudder) I'm hoping to be able to update Elders of the Dungeons section in the next couple of days with more specific information, just to make things look nicer overall. And organize the dungeons by level ranges, too, come to think of it.

Edit: Organized dungeons by level range. Added maps. Added notes.
    Last edited by Somarlane; 2011-01-27 at 09:30 PM. Reason: update
    2021-09-21

Deleted
    Hmm, I hope I can do the dungeon elders with my mage alone. Dont feel like looking for a group for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naamari View Post
    Hmm, I hope I can do the dungeon elders with my mage alone. Dont feel like looking for a group for that.
    It may be possible with careful use of Invisibility (especially since Blizzard changed it so an invisible player can see monsters around them). I myself am planning to get a guild group together to do them because I am certain others also have alts working for the meta.

Edit: Actually, I decided to do it by myself. I was curious to see if my frost DK could solo it as an 85. Which she did. There are three instances which you absolutely have to kill a boss.

Drak'Tharon - the first boss, the one that blows up corpses. Just isn't enough room to get past him without causing aggro.

Azjol'Nerub - the first boss must be downed in order to open the "gate" behind him. Annoying.

Utgarde Pinnacle - Skadi must be downed in order to open the "gate" to continue on. This will likely be the most difficult for players. I switched to tank, and popped Unholy presence (for the ground movement buff) whenever he initiated Whirlwind. I probably could have stayed in frost spec, but it would have been hairier.
    Last edited by Somarlane; 2011-01-27 at 07:34 AM.
    2021-09-21

10+ Year Old Account
    I solo'd all the dungeon elders with 84 fury warrior in zerker stance. Equipped ilvl 312. Skadi in Utgarde Pinnacle is the hardest. Just make sure you kill the adds in small groups and avoid the whirlwind. Also try to time it so all adds are down when you knock him off his dragon, then kite him back down the hall. Avoid whirlwind and you should be find. Didn't need to use any potions, flasks, bandages, or special foods.
    Last edited by TobyKenobi; 2011-01-27 at 03:53 PM.
    Tobyas (85) :: Tobykenobi (85) :: Uruu (85):: Mykka (52)
    <-- All Chars on Ice Since March 2011 -->
    Currently Playing: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

I'll be doing my ally elder runs this weekend on all of my alts and hadn't come up with a solution of how I was going to approach it. Many thanks for the tips: it doesn't sound like quite the corpse run I had anticipated I hadn't even considered just flying low in IF-- I figured I'd have to die my way in while hoofing it.

I'll sticky this until the Lunar Festival is over.

Festival is over, unstuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Updated the guide for Patch 4.3 to include the Elders of Cataclysm achievement, now a part of the meta for To Honor One's Elders. Characters that earned the meta before 2012 are grandfathered in and are not required to earn the new achievement. I also fixed the coordinates for Elder Mistwalker.
    2021-09-21

10+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb Re: To Honor One's Elders - Elder Locations (Cataclysm compliant list)

I am beginning the slow process of updating and re-verifying the information in my guide for Lunar Festival 2013, which begins on January 27th and ends on February 10th 2AM PDT.

• Struck out reference to Have Group, Will Travel. Removed from the game for Mists of Pandaria. (Seriously, need a /weep emoticon just for this.)
    • Changed item link for Elixir of Water Breathing to point to WoWDB instead of Wowhead.

I am toying with the idea of changing all the NPC links to point to WoWDB instead of Wowhead. It will be a large time investment and might not be worth doing until I have completed the re-verification process (something which is not even possible to start until next week).

Also, according to Blizzard's info post, the requirements for the meta achievement remain unchanged from the previous year. I checked in-game for an Elders of Pandaria (or similar) achievement and there was none. This strongly implies that there are no Elders to be found in MoP content.
    Last edited by Somarlane; 2013-01-25 at 12:09 AM. Reason: addl. info, fix link
    2021-09-21

Deleted
    Let me know when/if you want to change the title

Deleted
    Great post, thanks!

10+ Year Old Account

Re: To Honor One's Elders - Elder Locations (Cataclysm compliant list)

Thank you, both of you.

I decided to go ahead and begin replacing Wowhead links with WoWDB. It's not as painful as I thought it would be because of the "Forum Link" tool. Also, Wowhead sent a newsletter to my e-mail inbox even though my account with them is banned. (If you absolutely must ask, please send a PM.) I found new energy. So, here are additional changes:

• NPC links for Elders of Kalimdor through Elders of Eastern Kingdoms now point to WoWDB.
    • I fixed the link to Elixir of Water Walking. Again. -_- No, seriously, this is like the fourth or fifth time. o_O
    • Changed the intro to (hopefully) be more clear and useful.

I'll spend the next day or so finishing up the NPC links.

Once I feel that I can trust my coordinates, I'll take you up on that offer, Kerdoz.

---------- Post added 2013-01-28 at 11:34 AM ----------

• Elders of the Dungeons and Elders of Northrend now point to WoWDB.
    • Removed now-redundant map links.
    • Cleaned up more of the explanatory intros.

I will work on Elders of the Cataclysm next, along with double-checking any YT videos or directions for accuracy. I'm not certain if I should update the tips/tricks parts for level 90. The older info may still be useful to those attempting the achievements on non-maximum level characters.
    2021-09-21

10+ Year Old Account

Re: To Honor One's Elders - Elder Locations (Cataclysm compliant list)

• Elders of Cataclysm now points to WoWDB.
    • All other NPCs now point to WoWDB, too.
    • Added links for dungeon bosses that must be slain. (Forgot to mention this in the last update.)
    • Updated the tip for the Elder in Vashj'ir because HGWT was removed from the game. Looking into any possible alternatives.
    • Yep, YouTube videos and user directions still accurate.

Elders of Eastern Kingdoms, Elders of the Alliance, and Elders of the Horde are still where they are supposed to be. (Note to self: the Elder in Brill, Tirisfal Glades, seems to be dangerous for non-90 Alliance characters. Is that guard NPC always there?)

---------- Post added 2013-01-30 at 11:17 AM ----------

So, I finally realized that all the tips are written from a Horde perspective - probably because this year is my first time going for the achievement with an Alliance character. Alliance needs love, too! I've rewritten the tips for Elder of the Horde with this in mind, along with tweaking a couple of side-notes for other Elders.
    2021-09-21

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, I think I've done everything necessary to update this for Mists of Pandaria. I wish I could make the list more readable, but at least the information is correct.

If you have feedback or suggestions for improvement, please do not hesitate to post a reply or send a PM. Thanks. :3
    2021-09-21

10+ Year Old Account
    Aliok, you should consider posting your awesome master list here and here. I would do it for you since I think it's extremely helpful, but it's your hard work not mine, and your name should be attached for all the shiny +1s!
    Last edited by Tziva; 2013-02-04 at 05:21 AM.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks, Tziva, for the suggestion. The list is now available directly on WoWDB under the holiday, meta achievement, and elder sub-achievements.
    Last edited by Somarlane; 2013-02-05 at 01:35 AM. Reason: misspelled name (sorry)
    2021-09-21

10+ Year Old Account
    Sweet, thanks. Nice to have one master list to use.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |