Poll: Which Zelda is Your favorite!?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Ocarina of Time, it was such an epic experience back then, even barely knowing any English as an 8-year-old kid :P And I didn't even own the game personally, went to watch my neighbour (who was also a kid of the same age) play it almost every day.

Link to the past wins..

Butt... Windwaker was super fun and refresing..

Let the flamewar begin *sigh*

10+ Year Old Account
    @ the Ocarina of Time vs Majora's Mask debate.

I definitely prefer OoT to MM because OoT wasn't just a game, it was an experience. I really enjoyed the story, the music, and the characters you met along your journey. In MM, it felt more like a gigantic checklist of things to do before you turned back time again to a place in time where none of the characters remembered anything you did for them previously. Sure, there was the reaction of, "...where did you get this mask? You must know X or have done Y! Here, have this!" And on top of that, I hate being the child Link. Playing him feels like a joke - a step that should only exist in the game to prepare you for his adulthood. That's what I loved about OoT. There were some funny/heart-warming moments as child link, but when you finally get to play him as an adult, you're like, "Wow, Link is the shit. He's totally capable of stopping Ganon." As child link, it's more like, "Wow, this brat is talented, but could he really take on all these things so much bigger and more experienced than him?" And yes, my favorite part of MM was the final boss battle when you'd collected every mask and you turned into what is essentially like a god version of adult link. Big-ass sword and all.

Didn't vote because I've never finished Legend of Zelda on the NES, never bought a Wii, and never really played A Link to the Past extensively. Oh! And fuck Windwaker. I was one of those people who raged over the cel-shaded graphics before I even played it. Uh huh.
    Last edited by foxHeart; 2011-01-24 at 09:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    OoT by far^^

10+ Year Old Account
    there are a few titles missing in the Poll.

My favorit Zelda is "links Awakening". It has everything:
    - strange but sad story
    - awsome music (for a Gameboy)
    - Funny plots

wells its kinda short in gametime but i play it iver and over again somtimes.

Also you missed the "Adventures of Link" aka Zelda2.
    Well its very hard to beat but if you did it you feel like a true hero. However i consider it the worst zelda.

"Misnish Cap" was nice too but i didnt like the Characterdesign.
    BUT the nemesis Vaati is the best Endboss with a dramatic and fitting Music.

Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    @ the Ocarina of Time vs Majora's Mask debate.

I definitely prefer OoT to MM because OoT wasn't just a game, it was an experience. I really enjoyed the story, the music, and the characters you met along your journey. In MM, it felt more like a gigantic checklist of things to do before you turned back time again to a place in time where none of the characters remembered anything you did for them previously. Sure, there was the reaction of, "...where did you get this mask? You must know X or have done Y! Here, have this!" And on top of that, I hate being the child Link. Playing him feels like a joke - a step that should only exist in the game to prepare you for his adulthood. That's what I loved about OoT. There were some funny/heart-warming moments as child link, but when you finally get to play him as an adult, you're like, "Wow, Link is the shit. He's totally capable of stopping Ganon." As child link, it's more like, "Wow, this brat is talented, but could he really take on all these things so much bigger and more experienced than him?" And yes, my favorite part of MM was the final boss battle when you'd collected every mask and you turned into what is essentially like a god version of adult link. Big-ass sword and all.

Didn't vote because I've never finished Legend of Zelda on the NES, never bought a Wii, and never really played A Link to the Past extensively.
    But young link COULD take down all these big bad guys
    Sure Ganon would have destroyed him but that wasnt his fight.

Ocarina also messed up the zelda timeline, making it fairly complicated.

Minish Cap is the first in the series.
    Four Swords.
    Four Swords Adventures.
    Ocarina of Time
    (Split timeline, 1 With Link getting sent back in time to live his childhood. The other Futureless link, Zelda just send him back.)
    (Child Timeline) Adult Timeline
    Majora's Mask Windwaker
    Link to the Past Phantom Hourglass
    Twilight Princess. Spirit Tracks
    Oracle of Ages Oracle of Seasons
    Ganon Gets revived if both games are linked

Zelda 1 and 2 could fit into any timeline at this point.

Thats my basic theory on the timeline.

As you can see Ocarina made things pretty confusing, im not saying its a bad game. But damn, if you like to think about which one happened first, it screws your mind over.
    Last edited by pickley; 2011-01-24 at 09:53 AM.

What, no Windwaker on the list?

I've had great fun playing Majora's Mask, Orcarina of Time, Wind Waker, Link to the Past, Minish Cap and the original Legend of Zelda for the NES. I can't pick just one favourite.
    In fact the only Zelda games I'm (slightly) disappointed with are Zelda 2 The Adventure of Link and Twilight Princess. Zelda 2 was probably the worst, but still a decent game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Too many people say Ocarina of Time just because they've had "OCARINA OF TIME IS THE BEST GAME OF ALL TIME" shoved down their throats since they'd been able to read on the subject.

Majora's Mask is my favorite. It did all that OoT did, better.
    We will stand above the city, rising high above the streets
    From tops of buildings we will look, at all that lies beneath our feet
    We will raise our hands above us, cold steel shining in the sun
    With these hands that will not bleed, my father's battle will be won!

Drakkosh Zhysta Shivarra Tesela

Deleted
    I'm guessing its gonna be a rift between A link to the past and Ocarina of time. Oldies vs kiddies.

Deleted
    The Minish Cap

Deleted
    Ocarina of Time is my favorite, I have beat that game so many times its amazing, that I am not bored of it yet.

Wind Waker is also a very solid game which I enjoy playing immensely.. The celshading looks very good, and somehow fits the universe in some weird way, which I didnt think it would the first time I saw a screenshot of it, when it was first announced.

A Link to the Past is another zelda game, which is very dear to me.

I have never been too fond of Majoras Mask, no idea why, it just didnt catch me the same way as the others.

where's minish cap =D
    Ben Kenobi "This isn't the signature you are looking for."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Migari View Post
    I like all Zelda. I´ve played them all and I have to say, Ocarina of Time is indeed amazing. I voted for 'The Legend of Zelda' tho because I remember playing it and I immediately fell in love.

Edit: My brother even named his daughter, Zelda! (Not Link I know)
    Same thing for me, well except it was my cousin that was named Zelda.
    Life doesn’t get easier, we just grow stronger.

10+ Year Old Account
    people are saying ocarina of time for the same reasons that people love FF VII imo, because it was a breakthrough game when compared to all of its predecessors. But both ocarina of time and majoras mask had the same mechanics but it should be obvious that majora's mask has the more original plot and better character development. I've played both of them and people who say ocarina is better then majora's mask are the people that want the same story line over and over.

favorites for me are in this order MM>WW>seasons>OoT>TP (sadly those are the only ones i've played so far but i will make sure to change that now that i've seen this thread). This isnt to say that i think OoT or TP are bad as i love all the legend of zelda games this is just the order of the ones i enjoyed the most and downwards
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

Ocarina of time. And it is not just nostalgia talking. I found twilight princess to be ok, but i didn't like the high tech looking crap that was the twilight world and controlling the dog. Majoras Mask is ok, but just not nearly as good as Ocarina of time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ElAmigo View Post
    people are saying ocarina of time for the same reasons that people love FF VII imo, because it was a breakthrough game when compared to all of its predecessors. But both ocarina of time and majoras mask had the same mechanics but it should be obvious that majora's mask has the more original plot and better character development. I've played both of them and people who say ocarina is better then majora's mask are the people that want the same story line over and over.
    Even if Majora's Mask was "technically" the better of the two, it's not necessarily the determining factor when it comes to which one people consider their favorite - if one played the OoT before MM, the chances for MM to beat the new and amazing experience of playing OoT (back in the time) are rather slim.

..I guess even that is actually a matter of opinion - do you rank your enjoyment of things without "filtering out" the effect of your experiences/feelings, or as objectively as possible (like critics do). Personally I don't see the point in doing it the latter way :P
    Last edited by mmoc4e12ba5ccd; 2011-01-24 at 03:56 PM.

Deleted
    - Ocarina of Time
    - Majora's Mask
    - The Wind Waker
    - Twilight Princess

The order of my favourite Zelda games

Almost purely because of nostalgia: Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. They were some of the first video games I played to completion, I remember my friends and I staying up all night to try and beat them in 24 hours; we must have played through them both a couple dozen times each.

Deleted
    Ocarina of time hands down! link to the past on second ! and aboslutly WORST zelda game ever is majoras mask !

Majora's Mask hands down. I love the creepy vibe you get throughout the story, and the fact that you have to constantly race against time and the tricks you have to employ to be completionist and get all the masks just make it phenomenal. Wind Waker and Ocarina come tied for a not too close or far second.