Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Old Tier 2 Models

I started playing towards the beginning of TBC, and during my state of boredom I perused some old patch notes from Pre-bc. I noticed in 1.9 that Tier 2 models received new models, and the curious me wondered what the old ones looked like. To my misfortune though, google has returned with nothing but 404's D;

Thought there would be a possibility someone may have a screenshot somewhere.

Interesting...im going to have to look into this myself

they were butt ugly and looked like greens.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I know the Bloodfang set was a recoloured Shadowcraft set

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Druid.
    Hunter.
    Mage.
    Paladin.
    Priest.
    Rogue.
    Shaman
    Warlock.
    Warrior.

All taken from WoWhead. Enjoy.
    Oh thank god they changed them.
    My sig was stolen, if you find it please contact me. Thanks.

I kinda like the hunter set.

i remember when the t1 didn't have a proper model. all of them looked worse than these t2 screenshots : P

Transcendence helm being a turban. lawl.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post

All taken from WoWhead. Enjoy.
    Thanks for the links. Glad they changed them xD

Oh god...thanks for linking them, i can now sleep happily tonight knowing that Blizz did something right in changing those models...they should have done a better job hiding them too :P

If I remember right, the original models were intended to be placeholders. They were supposed to be replaced before the bosses that drop them were killed, then they dragged their feet.

Which is funny, because full T2 originally dropped off the later MC bosses.

The only T2 set that looked any decent was the Bloodfang Rogue set because at the time there was literally nothing that looked like it color wise.

Quote Originally Posted by netherflame View Post
    The only T2 set that looked any decent was the Bloodfang Rogue set because at the time there was literally nothing that looked like it color wise.
    And even then, it looked terrible. For a tier set, at least.

It's fun how every time I talk about the old t2 models with friends or guildmates (mind you... not that much) nobody seems to remember them!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lol I forgot about the Chiquita banana priest.
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Quote Originally Posted by Terranor View Post
    It's fun how every time I talk about the old t2 models with friends or guildmates (mind you... not that much) nobody seems to remember them!
    there is not a lot of us original vanilla players around. Many players don't even remember the old Epic Mounts with no ugly ass Armor on everytime i play a new character i wish i could just transfer my old epic mounts off my original toon >_<
    Thanks Caiti for the Signature and Avatar

I had to get my t2 on this toon simply because i've always thought judgement was absolutely unbeatable in terms of design. Bloodfang was pretty badass too.

I remember when I engaged someone in what looked like the same terrible greens that I was wearing.

It confuzzled me when I got 2 shot. =(