Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Disc priests needs update now!

(Im mainly talking about PvP here, i cant speak for disc in PvE.)

Every disc priest is complaining and everyone knows that disc priest are the most underpowered specc in this game atm.
    Why do blizzard have to extend or wait by giving out atleast some of the updates? We need the updates now, not in 2-3 weeks.

Yes, they are most likely testing out some of the new mechanics/spells/talents in disc specc, but why not just give out some of the buffs now?
    such as:

Penance healing buff
    And, or the Shield Buff

to atleast make priest ABIT more on the way of balanced?. (Im mainly talking about PvP here, no idea how its like in PvE.)

There is probably a good reason for this thought, but i think priests need the updates more than any other speccs/classes.
    Last edited by Nuttz; 2011-01-25 at 12:44 PM.

Deleted
    Patience.

Go holy in mean time, our disc priest has.

Deleted
    Are you serious? Disc spec is awesome. And it will be even better in 4.0.6. ... I just can't understand this non-stop QQing about disc spec...

Ye, but i dont understand why they havent given out the updates yet? or atleast as i said; some of them.
    Cuz its very clearly that we need em now!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuttz View Post
    Ye, but i dont understand why they havent given out the updates yet? or atleast as i said; some of them.
    Cuz its very clearly that we need em now!
    All they can really change now without testing are mana changes.

Eldarc, there is a reason everyone thinks that priests are underpowered. AND, blizzard actually making HUGE buffs to disc priests. so they cant really be balanced yet.
    And btw, im talking about PvP now, not PvE. i have no idea how its like in PvE with disc.

Deleted
    Ah, in pvp, disc sux. But not in PVE

Quote Originally Posted by Eldarc View Post
    I just can't understand this non-stop QQing about disc spec...
    Maybe because it's ridiculously underpowered compared to Holy? I played Holy and Disc perfectly fine in WOTLK, and now, I can play Holy fine, but the 4 times I tried Disc, I couldn't even heal a Heroic without having to spam GH just to keep people up, being OOM at 50% on bosses after using all mana CDs. Whereas with Holy I don't even need to use Sfiend or Hymn at all throughout the entire run.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Quote Originally Posted by Nuttz View Post
    Eldarc, there is a reason everyone thinks that priests are underpowered. AND, blizzard actually making HUGE buffs to disc priests. so they cant really be balanced yet.
    And btw, im talking about PvP now, not PvE. i have no idea how its like in PvE with disc.
    Well, maybe next time specify that you are talking about PvP

I don't play PvP so I don't know, but in PvE I don't have any problems in 5man HC as Disc and in raids I'm primary using holy (also don't have problems when using Disc - in some situations), so can't say. But changes are comming in 4.0.6 Probably they can't release these changes as hotfix...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    Maybe because it's ridiculously underpowered compared to Holy? I played Holy and Disc perfectly fine in WOTLK, and now, I can play Holy fine, but the 4 times I tried Disc, I couldn't even heal a Heroic without having to spam GH just to keep people up, being OOM at 50% on bosses after using all mana CDs. Whereas with Holy I don't even need to use Sfiend or Hymn at all throughout the entire run.
    This is the QQing I can't understand. Disc is as good as holy is in PVE. If u can't heal a heoric dungeon being disc, it's not disc spec's fault. You're doing something wrong. I've healed even raid bosses being disc and i top recount vs a holy pala and a resto druid in different bosses like Magmaw or Halfus.

10+ Year Old Account
    This revenge for all these times Holy Priests where told to go Discipline . No in all seriousness, I don't play Discipline, but I can say that Holy Priest regen is overpowered at the moment. I'm actually glad they're nerfing it.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Well probably there is problem at you side, sir. I'm healing 5man HC as disc and don't have problems with mana (using PW:S, PoM, GH, PoH) and never go OOM until there is terrible stupid pug group - I'm trying to use guild mates primary

Ye, i will specify next time

This is the QQing I can't understand. Disc is as good as holy is in PVE. If u can't heal a heoric dungeon being disc, it's not disc spec's fault. You're doing something wrong. I've healed even raid bosses being disc and i top recount vs a holy pala and a resto druid in different bosses like Magmaw or Halfus.
    Raid =/= 5man

5man, you're the only healer. Raid, you're not. I don't know what the hell I'm doing wrong, but I just can't keep people up without spamming GH, because Heal doesn't heal for shit as Disc, and bubble doesn't last too long, only absorbing like 14k or so. All four times I tried Disc, it failed miserably, I switched back to holy and had 0 issues. =/
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm

Raid =/= 5man

5man, you're the only healer. Raid, you're not. I don't know what the hell I'm doing wrong, but I just can't keep people up without spamming GH, because Heal doesn't heal for shit as Disc, and bubble doesn't last too long, only absorbing like 14k or so. All four times I tried Disc, it failed miserably, I switched back to holy and had 0 issues. =/
    penance, that is all, bet you forgot you had it

Quote Originally Posted by blizzardcashshop View Post
    penance, that is all, bet you forgot you had it
    Was using it on CD.

Deleted
    Pennance if it isn't on CD (Stacking Grace) + PW: Shield (+Glyph +Renewed Hope Talent) + GH and using every Inner Focus CD... you can't run OOM if your party does what it has to do.

Pennance if it isn't on CD (Stacking Grace) + PW: Shield (+Glyph +Renewed Hope Talent) + GH and using every Inner Focus CD... you can't run OOM if your party does what it has to do.
    I had GH and PoH macro'd to Inner Focus, so use of that wasn't an issue. I just found that when I pugged as Disc, I could barely keep the group up. I'm in mostly epics now so I guess I'll give it another go and see what happens.

Deleted
    I don't know... I don't think I'm the best healer ever... but I could do it before the little improvements like rapture 2,5% to 6% and with 310 item lvl.

Now i got 350 ilvl it's f*cking easy... But if your pug fails avoiding avoidable damage, you can't do anything anyway.

People never stops to amuse me, how is it that people are still complaining about disc?...

oh wait, i might have the answer for you. This is not WoTLK, spamming shields 24/7 isn't the way to go anymore, how is that so hard to understand?
    I've recently quit WoW due to work hours so i never got to test out the changes that was brought with 4.0.6, yet pre-4.0.6 i were able to perform as good as Disc as i did as Holy, how come that i even went Disc?

First of all, our disc priest and others kept saying that Disc is underpowered without even having a good arguement for it, the arguements were "Shields is useless" "i go OOM so quick" etc etc, so i decide that... hey, disc can't be that terrible, i refuse to belive so, so lets try it out.

I went disc for several fights, did the same amount of HPS as i did as Holy, which is topping the meters with around 12-15k HPS and guess what, i didn't went OOM, i even found it easier to maintain my mana as disc then i did as Holy, altho i prefer to be Holy over anything else as that was my main specc through WoTLK as well.

Now, lets cut the crap about disc being underpowered, not going to come here and tell you to L2P or anything, but you need to adjust to Cata, find the way how you're supposed to heal as Disc and not get stuck with the WoTLK way, it does not work anymore, you will go OOM and you will do terrible HPS, end of story.

With the recent buffs you should be able to perform even better not to mention the buffs that's about to come as well, but as usually... QQ'ing is apparently the best way to go instead of doing something useful and find the way how to actually heal with it now, it's your playstyle that's underpowered, not the specc.

(P.S, i'm speaking about raids in general now, it works perfectly fine in 5-mans and PVP as well, yes i've tried both and yes, it worked but not the way it did in WOTLK, again... you're not supposed to heal as in WoTLK.)
    Last edited by Chitzu; 2011-01-24 at 02:14 PM.