Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    This thread is really confusing. I just started playing my disc priest yesterday and healed 3-4 Blackrock Caverns runs. I barely used any heals even on atleast 2 boss fights I never healed. Just kept shield and pom on cd on tank then would refresh renew and spam smites. I know I havent done heroics but for not playing a character in months being able to put together a spec then dps heal a dungeon seems like Disc is ok for not knowing whats going on. From reading the posts I found out Im supposed to be using greater heal I didnt even have that on my bars. My only heals were flash,PoM, renew, and prayer of healing. I did find myself using Penance as a heal on a few occasions and used barrier for fun a few times but cds were never really needed.

I dont understand the complaints I love disc way more than resto druid and as a priest that has never been holy I would never not be discipline but thinking of an offspec as holy since it seems cool too, over shadow since I can quest as disc just fine and dont have farming professions either so don't need to dot grind using shadow. I think priests are awesome right now not sure why people are complaining at least pve wise but pvp buffs are likely to come and thats why Im thinking of going priest over druid with no regrets.

Deleted
    Disc in the low 80s is not even close to disc at 85. No heal spec is. I rolled through BRC normal on smites and flash heals without any problems, doing it in heroic with quest greens is another story entirely...

Once I got improved gear and my mana pool up to over 90k or so, I haven't had any OOM problems in dungeons. My heals are pretty big, too. Renew is your friend. Don't spam flash heal unless your tank is about to die. I really like playing disc, but players have to alter their playing style from WoLK. Mainly -- do not spam flash heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Katcall View Post
    Once I got improved gear and my mana pool up to over 90k or so, I haven't had any OOM problems in dungeons. My heals are pretty big, too. Renew is your friend. Don't spam flash heal unless your tank is about to die. I really like playing disc, but players have to alter their playing style from WoLK. Mainly -- do not spam flash heal.
    Since when are disc priests using renew? IT is definitely not a discipline priests best friend. It can be used as a filler to help stabilize someone's health bar while casting other heals but it's not a go to spell for disc, holy is a different story though

Deleted
    I got Renew unbound. Who cares about Renew being disc nowadays? It's extremely expensive and it almost doesn't heal.

If you need to heal the 3 or more targets, PoH. If you need to heal 1 target, Heal or GH, Pennance, etc. If you need to heal 2 or 3 targets, use shields to prevent incoming dmg, then H or GH, P. But renew? Never.

Deleted
    this is a PVP QQing thread!!!!!!

in pvE we are very good stop QQing! we have mana issue but we heal a lot! we are not like a op pala with infinite mana we are a priest!!!! we are good and with op gear we are op with holy in pve!

you can see like this op ppl with op gear have 4k mana regen http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...jhazrun/simple

this is a pvp thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in pvp disci/holy suck too hard! we need this patch 4.0.6 now!

Quote Originally Posted by Nuttz View Post
    (Im mainly talking about PvP here, i cant speak for disc in PvE.)

Every disc priest is complaining and everyone knows that disc priest are the most underpowered specc in this game atm.
    Why do blizzard have to extend or wait by giving out atleast some of the updates? We need the updates now, not in 2-3 weeks.

Yes, they are most likely testing out some of the new mechanics/spells/talents in disc specc, but why not just give out some of the buffs now?
    such as:

Penance healing buff
    And, or the Shield Buff

to atleast make priest ABIT more on the way of balanced?. (Im mainly talking about PvP here, no idea how its like in PvE.)

There is probably a good reason for this thought, but i think priests need the updates more than any other speccs/classes.
    PVP THREAD!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yuiiuo View Post
    this is a PVP QQing thread!!!!!!

in pvE we are very good stop QQing! we have mana issue but we heal a lot! we are not like a op pala with infinite mana we are a priest!!!! we are good and with op gear we are op with holy in pve!

you can see like this op ppl with op gear have 4k mana regen http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...jhazrun/simple

this is a pvp thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

in pvp disci/holy suck too hard! we need this patch 4.0.6 now!

PVP THREAD!!!!!!!!
    Congratulations, you sir are officially dumb.

PVP QQ'ing thread huh? Do you really feel the urge to come here on MMO-champion just to cry about things?

Now, go take a look at page 3 near the bottom. Or actually, i'll just go ahead and post it for you.

2011-01-25 01:30 PM

Ainariela

Pay attention to the time stamp on that post, it's on page 3, now lets go back to the OP's post.

Last edited by Nuttz; 2011-01-25 at 01:44 PM.

Do you think the post said PVP mainly from the start? Exactly, no it didn't, so why don't you take all your exclamation marks away and start thinking instead, some of us here is trying to make a point as for where Disc stands today but people like you are making it damn hard for it to go through with the endless crying and completely random posts without even noticing an edit and think "oh hey, most is talking PVE here, wonder if he said that first or if he added it in the edit...."

@ Renew

Renew is certanly something that Disc isn't using, if you really do need to blanket heal someone, yes then maybe, but that's like a once in a thousand that you'll get the chance or even need to do it, it's expensive and you shouldn't even have it talented as Disc as there's other talents that you'll want to have. Leave renew for Holy (which also is barely using it appart from on the tanks when you're in heal chakra or on Chimerion at some points).

Basically this is cause: You get zero increased healing on Renew compared to Holy, also it's quite expensive for the amount of healing that it does not to mention that the chance that none will heal that target to full before your renew ends is barely existant.
    Last edited by Chitzu; 2011-01-27 at 02:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the mana cost of renew is being lowered by like 24% I believe. Which is rather significant, I for one almost always keep a renew on my tank as Disc. Sure its a weak hot, even when it crits, but a weak DA is better than no DA, just like a weak hot tick is better than none, even if sometimes its overheal.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldarc View Post
    I got Renew unbound. Who cares about Renew being disc nowadays? It's extremely expensive and it almost doesn't heal.

If you need to heal the 3 or more targets, PoH. If you need to heal 1 target, Heal or GH, Pennance, etc. If you need to heal 2 or 3 targets, use shields to prevent incoming dmg, then H or GH, P. But renew? Never.
    Never say never. Two examples of good times to use renew as disc:

Throwing it on a tank (or other wounded target) for extra HPS while you're on the move and other instants are up or on cd. Or, say you're in a heroic 5-man. The tank is taking massive damage and one of the dps took a big hit. Casting a PoH is a poor choice, shield is worthless if no other damage comes in while it's up, and casting a direct heal on that dps will drop grace on the tank (sure you can restack it quickly with penance, but it has still dropped and aside from the lost HPS from the cast diverted elsewhere you also suffer diminished HPS on the penance). In this case, renew is among the best choices availalbe, particlarly if used when BT is up for the 5th tick if you don't have sufficient haste otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigslick View Post
    In this case, renew is among the best choices availalbe, particlarly if used when BT is up for the 5th tick if you don't have sufficient haste otherwise.
    I didn't know BT had any impact on renew... 0.o well slap me silly, pull my hair and call me nubtastic!

Quote Originally Posted by Iannis View Post
    I didn't know BT had any impact on renew... 0.o well slap me silly, pull my hair and call me nubtastic!
    It does. Even with 0 haste from gear, BT grants the 5th tick.

10+ Year Old Account
    It does. Even with 0 haste from gear, BT grants the 5th tick.
    That's so hot, I may be strangely attracted to you right now. Care to join me at a local pub for some fine Dwarven ale?

Quote Originally Posted by Iannis View Post
    That's so hot, I may be strangely attracted to you right now. Care to join me at a local pub for some fine Dwarven ale?
    /glances at avatar

Sorry, as a priest I avoid three major things: smoking, drinking, and cursing. Oh shit - I do smoke... hic!

Deleted
    Never say never. Two examples of good times to use renew as disc:

Throwing it on a tank (or other wounded target) for extra HPS while you're on the move and other instants are up or on cd. Or, say you're in a heroic 5-man. The tank is taking massive damage and one of the dps took a big hit. Casting a PoH is a poor choice, shield is worthless if no other damage comes in while it's up, and casting a direct heal on that dps will drop grace on the tank (sure you can restack it quickly with penance, but it has still dropped and aside from the lost HPS from the cast diverted elsewhere you also suffer diminished HPS on the penance). In this case, renew is among the best choices availalbe, particlarly if used when BT is up for the 5th tick if you don't have sufficient haste otherwise.
    Nice. But in that case i'd cast Heal. Sry, but i say NEVER :P

Deleted
    PvP, PvE, the fact disc is in a slightly lower state than other healers remain. Guess we'll just have to wait and see what the patch brings us.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldarc View Post
    Nice. But in that case i'd cast Heal. Sry, but i say NEVER :P
    You may say 'NEVER' and that's your option, though it would be, in a word, 'UNWISE.'

In case 1, well, unless you know something I don't, you can't cast Heal when you're moving. So if WS is on the target and PoM is on CD, Renew is your best option (and unless it's going to bounce, PoM < Renew for healing done).

In case 2, w/ tank taking heavy damage, Renew will bring up the dps w/ comparable effectiveness to Heal while allocating only a GCD (instead of the extra cast time required for a Heal) and not dropping Grace from the tank (at least till 4.0.6). Casting Heal instead of Renew on that dps might not lead to deaths, but it would be a poor decision in this case.
    Last edited by Bigslick; 2011-01-27 at 10:15 PM.