Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerebes View Post
    Have you ever heard of the term " First impression is everything".
    Wish I was Cho'gall so I could do a /doublefacepalm

15+ Year Old Account
    I did Halfus form the tanks point of view it was broing as shit. Wow interrupt thats really fun.
    I did Magmaw, again ima a tank so I stood in one place the whole time great awesome. Both BOT and BWD didn't give me the good impression at 1st so I dont have the incentive to do the second boss.
    I did Nejentus as a tank, and man it was boring. I stood in one place while others did things. I didn't move, just did my threat. BT didn't give me a good impression at 1st so I dont have the incentive to do the second boss.

Do you not see the issue here?

I understand first impressions, but really?

10+ Year Old Account
    If I dont like the 1st boss what makes you think ima like the second boss.
    WHAT. You're judging an entire raid instance by the farmable bosses at the beginning? Have you even looked at Chimaeron, Atramedes, Maloriak, Nefarian, Valonia/Theralion, Council, and Cho'gall? Have you even seen videos? Not everything is tank and spank like Magmaw.

Omg this is just too hilarious, expecting the first bosses in raids to be interesting lol. Well if you don't want to do the encounters that's fine, but at least look up a vid or something.
    My sig was stolen, if you find it please contact me. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Trifande View Post
    Don't blame the raids. People get burnt out all the time. You are not the first, nor will you be the last.
    After a certain point of time most people have a similar reaction to the raiding content. Regardless of how new/dynamic/interesting/challenging it is.

My advice to you? Take a break from the game. If it doesn't pull you back after a while, then you have outgrown WoW. Don't try to overthink/analyze this.

This is a game. Developed for a significantly MASS market. You will rarely (if ever) have everyone pleased about everything at the same time. If you enjoy what it has to offer, great. If you don't, walk away gracefully.

Cheers.
    Quoted for truth on this one. MMOs usually had a shelf life of around 2-3 years before maximum capacity and burn-out syndrome from players, at which point a new and decent one would spring up and take its place, leaving only the die hard fans in the previous.

Now a days since WoW, the only MMOs that get released are ones targetted at the free market or are trying to completely revolutionize the market. See: Age of Conan, Aion, Warhammer Online and other mediocre success stories. I for one am glad Bioware isn't trying to take the new Starwars MMO in "revolutionary and exciting" directions and simply just applying tried and tested methods with new slants on them.

I look at these upcoming MMOs.. Rift, DC Universe, Earthrise and whatever else and just think "meh".

To OP: Raiding, WoW and MMOs in general will never be as good as your "honeymoon" period. When I look back on lvl 60 raiding, it was the best MMO times with really good friends. When I raid now, it's something to do for an evening. Same as when I look back on my first MMO back in 1998 or so.

Quote Originally Posted by carrierz View Post
    "don't judge a book by its cover"
    Great Point, but you have to remember that not every one goes by that. For some people the cover makes the difference. Now the same goes for my phrase that I said, some people dont go by 1st impression. People who dont go by 1st impression have patience and they need less incentive. Which I dont have and I need more incentive to do it.
    World PVP and Arenas Are Awesome

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    The first few bosses of raids are rarely epic. The last boss is always the major lore character so they put alot more efford into them. It would have been silly to start off fighting Illidan, ending with akama.

Deleted
    So you have done one boss and didnt like it. So your conclusion is that the entire instance sucks? What fail lol

I kinda hate this kinda of ppl that only like to complain. In my opinion blizz did a awesome job with this tier of raiding

Ah and btw you say on the title that all boss suck, except 2. Tell witch one are those that don't suck?
    Last edited by mmoc5758f841fa; 2011-01-24 at 02:30 PM.

I have raided since Vanilla and I will be honest with you, I personally think the current set of raid bosses are the MOST interesting. We are seeing great new mechanics and some really interesting fights. May I point you towards Chimaeron and Atramades. Then we have other fights that just take all old mechanics to new levels. Valiona/Theralion is a great fight (hello mini Felmyst breath!).

Perhaps you are playing the wrong class or are just burnt out. I'm running as a holy priest and LOVING the challenges that are thrown at me. Also as others have said, the first few bosses are rarely interesting - they are merely there for introduction.

Like in Ulduar the 1st fight was awesome
    I stopped reading here....

So, Leviathan was awesome HUH... HUH...HUH...HUH?????

I dont even...

At first I thought the OP was just trolling, but now I realise the real issue is that he's stubborn.

The fact is you're not ****ed off at BWD, you're just burnt out on raiding. You think it's because of the bosses so you come on here making non-sensical complaints (if I don't like the first boss, I won't like any others?! because you repeat the same fight 6-12 times in a raid?). Take a break from the game, or, as you're doing, just from raiding. It's good to find something else you enjoy rather than keep bashing your head against the wall.

But if you're honest with yourself, I think even you realise that saying the first boss of a raid makes or breaks it is a ridiculous thing to say.

Noone's going to argue with you if you said "I don't feel like raiding any more I prefer rated BGs", but saying that Magmaw is bad therefore all bosses in BWD are and Halfus is bad therefore all bosses in BoT are bad is a) stupid, b) wrong.

Say a person with Bleach Avatar...........

JUst wanted to post my valid opinion out there.
    We seem to have a very different definition of the words Valid opinion.

For you to post a valid opinion on all the raid bosses in Cataclysm, you must have actually TRIED all the raid bosses in Cataclysm.

And since you've only tried one, you posts turn from Valid Opinion, to spouting QQ about things you know nothing about.

PUGs are Blizzards version of reality TV, put five random people together in an enclosed environment, and watch as the drama unfolds

I guess for people that lack the ability to complete content, first bosses are all they will ever see. For the rest of us, first bosses=farmed many many times. Abilities are not epic when they are undertuned.

Yeah, kinda agree with Arean on this one, you've seen a total of one Cataclysm boss and you're judging the entire tier?

Not to mention what other people cited in that first tier is never super amazing. It's a build up of content over time.

Only difference I hope they make this time around is not making previous raids basically obsolete and pointless. How many people basically missed out on Ulduar because it pretty much became redundant?

i like maloriak, probably because im the add tank and it is challenging, magmaw is a bit dull, omnitron is fairly well put together fight i think, quite different to most other fights, chimearon is just hectic, you should really give some of these fights a go

OP should try Heroic Magmaw. I guarantee he'll have a different tone. Heroic Halfus as well brings some bang to the fight.

I guess really all heroic fights, minus Chimaeron. Not really a huge difference.

I agree, Magmaw is a pretty dull fight, however Omnotron is pretty fun, and Atramedes is a blast, and so are some of the further bosses. Perhaps rather than trying to get all your incentive to continue from the first boss, you should watch a vid or 2 and see what you're missing out on by not going further
    Gotta get more of that hastery! And where's my morelock! - Some drunk guy

have you ever heard of the term "dont judge a book by its cover"

15+ Year Old Account
    Not to mention that this is the first tier of raiding of the expansion, after maybe 1 month of doing the first tier of raiding in any expac, the raids got quite dull, but look at the leap between content. Kara and Gruuls compared to SSC and TK, Naxx compared to Ulduar etc. Suck it up for for another month or so until the next big content patch is released and then oooh and aaah at the totally awesome tripple sweet new raids.
    Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a day. Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life.