Heart strike cleave affected by diseases?

Example 1: 3 mobs
    I outbreak 1, spread diseases using pestilence then i heart strike
    Example 2 : same scenario as above except i didnt use pestilence

In which example would the HS cleave hit harder? Or are they the same?

Deleted
    Hits harder as far as i know

Interesting, never thought about that

the cleave is affected by your disease aswell,
    Maths are done with a base damage of 1000 (to make it easier)
    keep in mind HS does 25% less damage per mob (in a chain reaction like chain lightning or Chain heal)

Example #1; all 3 mobs are affected by disease
    Mob #1 Take 130% weapon damage +10% for each disease (1300 +260 damage) 1560 total
    Mob #2 Take 130% weapon Damage +10% for each disease -25% (1300 +260 - 390) 1170 total
    Mob #3 Take 130% weapon Damage +10% for each disease [-25% -25%] (1300 +260 -390 -292.5) 877.5 total

Heart Strike total damage 3607.5 damage 3hit

Example #2; only first mob have the disease
    Mob #1 Take 130% weapon damage +10% per disease(1300 +260 damage) 1560 total
    Mob #2 Take 130% weapon damage -25% (1300 -325 damage) 975 total
    Mob #3 Take 130% weapon damage [-25% -25%] (1300 -325 -243.75 damage) 731.25 total

Heart Strike Total damage 3266.25. 3hit

soo having your disease does increase the cleave damage, but, its not that much, unless you have hard time getting multi aggro, dont bother spreading disease on only 3 mob.

10+ Year Old Account
    If your spreading diseases just for extra damage it's not worth it, but also remember You would be spreading it to get all the mobs with Frost Fever if you are tanking anyways. Especially since they were applied for "free" with Outbreak in this scenario.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Deleted
    They are not applied for free. You must compare the additional damage per hit (in this math 341) versus the damage one additional Heart Strike does, as you spend one blood rune for the pestilence.

You only use diseases for the 21 seconds that outbreak puts them there for and you don't refresh, and you are using all death runes for more Death Strikes, not Heart strikes.

It looks to me, that you would need to get 11 Heart Strikes in during that time to make spreading diseases viable (again based on the math above). I don't think there is enough resources to do 11 Heart Strikes in 21 seconds. There wouldn't even be enough time in 33 seconds if you have Epidemic talent.

So purely in terms of Heart Strike damage, then it is not worth it. In terms of the disease damage itself and the swing speed slowing effect of frost fever, then it most likely is. The diseases combined would likely do more damage over 21 seconds than one Heart Strike does.

Herald of the Titans Avatar Killer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    this will most likely change in the patch due to the new bonuses from a few abilities. HS now will hit harder which in itself isn't all that important but the diseases now each have a specific unique ability to them for tanking. FF has the melee slow and now BB has damage reduction. though in itself neither of these two really make it superb to tank with it will now be more useful than it has been before. Heart strike is affected by each target with a disease on it but the increase isn't astronomical, though it will be better after the patch.
    Gearscore is like a bikini. It shows you what you already know and doesn't show what REALLY matters.
    New Expansion preview HERE