Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Archaeology - stop messing with us

So, it continues. I've solved quite a few common artifacts on my way to 525 and the 100 more Troll solves I have for my Zin'rokh (still no sword ofc ofc).

I figured I might calculate how much gold I've lost because I've once again been early out on something new in WoW, this time a profession, but seeing as I've sold 3 Word of Empress Zoe and 2 Silver Kris of Krol it's already 3360, minus the cost they are worth now ofc, so that's enough BS already.

Was just wondering, what are people's take on this? Sure, cool you might make gold out of Archaeology now, but what about us Archaeology epic hunters who are already far far in there?

A little /sigh from here, really.

Edit: Sorry if this is already up in another post, I looked for Archaeology topic'd posts, couldn't see any about this new change

i do kind of agree with you.. it sure doesn't seem like the early bird gets the worm in WoW

annoying yes, but its better than the update never happening, atleast we can do something with the greys we have now ^^

It's just a small amount of gold, not really a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

10+ Year Old Account
    meh, just enjoy the change, I guess. I managed to buy dual-spec at 1000g the day before it went to 100, and at 100g the day before it went to 10, and cold weather flying before it dropped off, etc etc.

it's pretty much what they always do. I'm a little bummed that I'm missing out on a couple thousand gold, but at least I have my epics

10+ Year Old Account
    meh for most people, like myself (damn you tol'vir staff!) the grid continues, would have been nice to have the buff while i was grinding for my trinket, but that's the way it goes, no use complaining over what was.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Amazing. You have nothing to do now that people who aren't you have cleared Ulduar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    PS: Pandas are awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot1291 View Post
    It's just a small amount of gold, not really a big deal.
    3k+ is not really a small amount. 250g is a small amount of gold.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waimzer View Post
    annoying yes, but its better than the update never happening, atleast we can do something with the greys we have now ^^
    Ya it is a good change, but it certainly feels like something that should have been implemented when Archaeology was introduced. Archaeology just feels like it was thrown together haphazardly and included without much internal testing. In their two years of making the expansion they apparently never found out how useless extra fragments are, that dozens of dig sites had inaccessible survey locations, dwarven racial didn't work, etc. It feels like they did about 0 testing on it or had one guy test it then threw away his reports without reading them. How do you not have someone that does a pass and makes sure all the spawn locations are within a big red circle lol.

Deleted
    Isn't this what always happen irl as well?
    You buy a game for € 50,00. A month later it's € 10,00. Are you going to complain at the store as well?

Now you feel that you "lost" so much gold. But then again you probably spent it already on something. And then that item or thing is probably going to be less expensive afterwards. So whatever you do, sooner or later it's going to be cheaper.

Next expansion pack everything is worthless again what you have. So why the bother gearing up and doing something when it's worthless at a certain point. Why getting out of bed when you go to bed in the evening anyway. Why live when you die?

Get over it, money is damn easy to make

Quote Originally Posted by Waimzer View Post
    This. I'm a little annoyed, but there have been plenty of changes in the game that made me thankful that I got into before they nerfed it, so sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

So we should just stop improving the game because some people have already done things the old way?
    Someone went 12/12 with one of their class abilities being bugged, so we should just leave it bugged because he already did it with the bug?

Seriously you people will find ANYTHING to bitch about, you're even bitching about your own experience getting buffed now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dormin View Post
    You buy a game for € 50,00. A month later it's € 10,00. Are you going to complain at the store as well?
    if that was the case, i sure would

to those who already have the things they want, i feel bad for, cuse this is no incentive to farm archaeology. I'm just glad i took a break from it at 300, and so i have only missed on a few gold, but still i feel for you guys who worked your asses off for it : /

Unhappy

I was excited to get a 10g solve from dwarf fragments last night. It was some silly looking ring called the word of emperess zoe or something. Then I woke up to read it will be 1000g post patch. Not the end of the world since I have like 50k saved up, but I am getting really annoyed with all the changes to archeology making it easier/better after I've done things. People can put in a fraction of the time I've literally wasted now and get much more benefit. It makes me wonder how much they bothered to test archeology or think it through.

I'm glad they're responding to player outcry and updating the game to make it better but Cataclysm seems like it needs significantly more changes and a lot of things were just way off. BC and WotlK weren't perfect but they seemed a lot closer. This is going to be something like the 3rd major nerf/buff to archeology to make it less time consuming and more rewarding. How could the launch version of archeology have missed so badly what their goal is?

Quote Originally Posted by Dormin View Post
    Except the playerbase that doesn't come to MMO-C will still be paying 50 until the patch simply for not having the knowledge. Its not 50 vs 10 real money, its 10g vs 1000g in some cases. Losing 990g because you don't read MMO-C sucks. I realize it doesn't take long to make 990g, but that's part of my leisure time that would be gone. Its bad game design where in order to get the most benefit you have to read websites and do things in a specific order. Like how I didn't know it was optimal to save fragments to 100 skill and then solve, or how I should save all troll fragments till 450 skill if I wanted Z'R. Flawed game design has nothing to do with real world economics and lowering of prices on older titles. While I'm ranting why hasn't fallout: new vegas gone done in price yet?!?!
    Last edited by deneweth; 2011-01-24 at 03:50 PM.

You aren't "losing" anything, they are buffing it sometime in the future. They do not owe you anything. You are not entitled to more gold because of regret for selling the items already. Stop crying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by deneweth View Post
    WotlK weren't perfect but they seemed a lot closer.
    no, most definatly not.

Except all the analogies goes with "$$$$$$" to "just $" while this fact alone is "just $" to "$$$$$$$$$$$$$$".

Every character has the history of common artifacts completed and number of time completed. They could just do the math and send the correct amount of gold.

Except for those that alread sold for more than a few silvers, most of them I just discarded for bagspace or something like that while solving huge amounts of troll and others for specific rares (like Zinrokh after saving many fragments while leveling to 450) and dwarven artifacts to finish the dwarf related achievements + scepters.

I remember selling a few of these zoe rings alread. At least 5. Sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    I figured I might calculate how much gold I've lost
    You're thinking of it the wrong way - it's not how much gold you "lost" (because its not like you had it and then lost it), its how much gold you "missed out on."

I agree, it kinda sucks, I've sold a TON of these to vendors already but I see the change and think "ah, great, now Archy is actually going to be worth enough that I might start doing it again"

If the money's that important to you, you could always delete the profession and re-level it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeddicious View Post
    i do kind of agree with you.. it sure doesn't seem like the early bird gets the worm in WoW
    It's almost like an ongoing game, that gets updated over time!
    Think of how much gold you'd have saved (not to mention $$) if you had never played a moment before today!
    -Styopa