Rogue Guide PvP from Arenajunkies.

Hey guys

I just tought I would share this with you fellow rogues that PvP : )

Found this guide on www.arenajunkies.com, and since its not many rogue guides out there yet (Thats why they offer a one year free Curse Premium account to the best one) I wanted to post it here as well, incase someone dosnt know about www.arenajunkies.com

http://www.arenajunkies.com/showthread.php?t=231733

Have fun, alot of great info there about everything you need to know.

Its only Beta at the moment, but will be finished soon.

Hahahahah this...

Against Mages:

Subtlety:
    Sap -> Garrote (with Premeditation) without breaking Sap -> instantly Kidney Shot him -> spam Backstab/Eviscerate until the Silence fades (you can use Shadow Dance at this point and spam Ambush instead of backstab).

Mutilate:
    Don't even try to duel a Mage.
    Night Elf till I die
    Everything else is second best

That guide has alot of mistakes and things I don't agree on. I could have swore haste was deemed worse then crit for sub and the use of wound poison I don't like

Wound has a much higher proc rate than instant, so if you aren't using 5 stacks of deadly to force proc instant it actually does less damage over time than wound does. That's really only for sub though. As mut instant/deadly is much better. It's something like 20 wound ppm vs 8 instant ppm.

why not just use crip/deadly

Deleted
    idd the haste thing i dont understand. I think crit is better than haste too. and im not just talking out of the blues i got 2 sets off non-set PVP items, 1 for haste and 1 for crit and the one with crit seems to be better.

The haste is because it buffs the energy regeneration. Its not very much now, I prefer critt over haste - but its all about the player I guess.
    Since resi dosnt affect critt chance its not a stupid idea to stack more critt as sub imo, since your dmg is from dance and heavy ambush critts.

Btw, I'm not the one that wrote this guide. I just found it

crip/deadly is a bad choice since you want crip on your OH for shiv and instant slow someone down when needed.

As mut I go Instant/Deadly
    And as sub I go Wound/Crip (I dont feel you get enough dmg from instant as sub, and the 10% reduced healing is atleast something.)

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbojonno View Post
    Mutilate:
    Don't even try to duel a Mage.
    so true it makes me cry................
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

I imagine most of the appeal of Haste is to get an extra Ambush in during Dance. Your crit will already be ~90% for Ambush when you are dancing, so crit doesn't really matter at that point. But another 20k crit..? yaplz

But crit would certainly help with backstabs.

I'm going to reforge crit for a week and let y'all know how it goes. :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbez View Post
    I imagine most of the appeal of Haste is to get an extra Ambush in during Dance. Your crit will already be ~90% for Ambush when you are dancing, so crit doesn't really matter at that point. But another 20k crit..? yaplz

But crit would certainly help with backstabs.

I'm going to reforge crit for a week and let y'all know how it goes. :P
    you know you need 10% haste to get the 1extra energy? its hard to get in pvp gear.
    +you already run at 140% energy regen in sub spec cause of the "energetic recovery" the crit will help alot more (dont forget glyph of backstab aswell)

I agree with most of it except for the mage part, I've taken down a handful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vno View Post
    I agree with most of it except for the mage part, I've taken down a handful.
    I'd guess that's just because of FotM rerollers. My rogue has been 85 for a week and a half, has 3 or 4 pieces of pvp gear, and can take down a lot of mages in mutilate spec. The simple answer is, many mages are bad. But against good mages, you don't stand a snowball's chance in Hell.

Quote Originally Posted by r0773nluck View Post
    why not just use crip/deadly
    Because it's bad for any spec. If you're running assassination then you should have at least 1 pt in deadly brew, making crip pointless to use. And the biggest reason to use deadly as assassination is all the + damage on poisons and envenom doesn't consume your stacks, thus enabling constant forced instant procs. Sub is all based around control and setting up burst. Gouge, sap, and blind (unless glyphed) break on damage and the only classes it would be worth using on would be plate.

Although I have heard some people running mind numbing/ crippling against caster teams.

Edit: Haste is better than crit IF you are running assassination and sub with 1 gear set, just because it's pretty good for both and mastery sucks for sub and crit sucks for mut. But I still rather just run assassination iwith +crit gear and do have a 50- 60% crit chance on backstab when running sub.
    Last edited by Klur; 2011-01-25 at 01:12 AM.

Dont remember the name of the rogue, but some famous one said that he was running sub as main pvp specc and reforged to crit. And he didnt had much problem running muti with the same gear pieces, of course isnt crit the best stat as muti but its good enough.

And the thing about haste giving you an extra ambush in dance isnt true I guess, the gear is not good enough to get enough haste from it yet. And as sub we got rather good regen allready, just remember to keep up recup when you dance so you get the extra energy regen from that one. Think we're on about 140% regeneration then.

Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    Dont remember the name of the rogue, but some famous one said that he was running sub as main pvp specc and reforged to crit. And he didnt had much problem running muti with the same gear pieces, of course isnt crit the best stat as muti but its good enough.

And the thing about haste giving you an extra ambush in dance isnt true I guess, the gear is not good enough to get enough haste from it yet. And as sub we got rather good regen allready, just remember to keep up recup when you dance so you get the extra energy regen from that one. Think we're on about 140% regeneration then.
    Reckful is his name... O
    Night Elf till I die

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbojonno View Post
    Reckful is his name... O
    Thats the name ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    Thats the name ;D
    go check out 'Reckful 3' on youtube and see some skillz and killz

it is pure harrassment
    Night Elf till I die