Way to get people to use the lightwell is..........

Make your guildies make a macro which basically does

/tar lightwell
    /use lightwell

Sorry I do not know how to make a macro to interact with another object. IF anybody could help me then please do so.

10+ Year Old Account
    there is a button, interact with target. but as far as i know, there is no /command for it.

Deleted
    There is no macro for that. Blizzard actually stated that they want people to use it, so they gave it huge heal, allowed it to be used without targeting and allowed it to be clicked from big distance. But they also said that they will not make it a "normal" AoE heal, like PoH and they will not allow people simply "macro and forget" it.

So just give up on trying to make PuG's use it and instead raid with guild. It's easy to make guildies use it, just say "Lightwell up! Click it like you mean it!" few times on voice chat.

What you can do is setup 3 macros/Hot Keys (I know, it's a pain, but if the tank happens to drag the boss on top and you can't click it, it's MUCH better to have the 3 macros setup than not).

1) /tar Lightwell
    2) Set hotkey for "Interact with Target" (in keybinding menu)
    3) /tar lasttarget

I have those three setup currently as Ctrl-Z, Ctrl-X, and Ctrl-C. So I just hit the 3 keys in order and I'm back on original target. Yes, a pain, but again, better than not being able to hit it. Though I would recommend a better set of hotkeys...lol. I need to change it to something without a modifier key to make it easier, but haven't moved my hotkeys around yet.

Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post
    Make your guildies make a macro which basically does

/tar lightwell
    /use lightwell

Sorry I do not know how to make a macro to interact with another object. IF anybody could help me then please do so.
    There is already a thread about lightwell and getting people to use it. Look for any similar topics before making a new one, there is also a search function.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...wareness-usage

You also don't need to target lightwell to use it. Just be in range.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry it can't be done. It has to be actively clicked to get the heal, all you can do is Vent shout at people and praise those who do use it (when it's a good idea to use it). I'm up to 5-6 of my 10 man who don't have to be told to use it now. Getting it into an ideal placement for the fight so it's not overwhelmed by aoe effects is another part of the battle.

Deleted
    the best way to get people to use this is......making them lvl a priest on their own.
    my main is a priest and when i´m playing on my warrior and a holy priest is in the group i always ask them to drop the lightwell because it´s just simply amazing. people that say that it´s the healers job to heal the raid and they don´t want to watch for another thing to click really need to realize how damn good the lightwell is, it takes pressure from the healer and increases your chances to survive

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had a strangely high amount of competent pugs lately who actually know how to use a Lightwell. I'm surprised, tbh.

I never used the lightwell that much as a DPS on my mage. Then one PUG, I had a holy priest who would spam a macro USE THE LIGHTWELL USE THE LIGHTWELL USE THE LIGHTWELL every time he put one down. Eventually I got the point and started using it. Now I use it all the time when I see one put down. So yeah. Spam the hell out of the group and they should get the idea.

For raids I just call it out "lightwell down" in vent for major aoe phases. My raiders click it.

For pugs I say "lightwell down" in party chat. No one clicks it but me.

10+ Year Old Account
    /cast lightwell
    /y CLICK IT OR DIE

Done, people will now use lightwell.
    Vol'jin fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by Shawaam View Post
    /cast lightwell
    /y CLICK IT OR DIE

Done, people will now use lightwell.
    Spamming "Click what!?" would by my answer to that, just to annoy you :P

I normally just spam Lightwell healing to a group that wiped/didn't wipe if i feel it an issue. Generally I'm (tank) the only one that uses it, even the priest themselves seem to forget 0_o

Deleted
    Best way to get people to use LW, pop it in SW, for some reason it suddenly becomes irresistible

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fianzo View Post
    Best way to get people to use LW, pop it in SW, for some reason it suddenly becomes irresistible
    THIS! So much!

Erectin' a Dispenser! << My macro for anyone who knows tf2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkpingi View Post
    Erectin' a Dispenser! << My macro for anyone who knows tf2.
    Nice, I had this for a while, but people didn't get it... Now my macro is "Lightwell, going up." which is still some kind of TF2 reference.
    Resurrected Holy Priest