Deleted

Is Logitech G13 worth it?

For those who have a Logitech G13, is it worth it?
    I have some difficulties playing my best since i use awsd to move and for spells 123456789... the keys are a but far and i get some trouble and sometimes i react too slow...

so you guys think it is worth buying it? Please state if you tryied it already too!

or should i just buy a new mouse with more than 2 buttons...

thanks in advance!

---------- Post added 2011-01-24 at 07:28 PM ----------

can i move my character with my thumb?
    Last edited by mmocf9f29600a1; 2011-01-24 at 07:34 PM.

Instead of using 7+, since you have to move your hand, use `-6, q, e, r, f, z, x, c, v and shift / alt / ctrl + those keys.

I've looked into both the g13 and n52te, and I'm 90% certain I'm going to be buying the n52te soon. The g13's thumbstick points almost straight up, meaning you have to maneuver it with the side of your thumb rather than the pad. Many users report that this is awkward and that they have to move by other means in hectic situations. The n52's thumbpad is pointed out to the side so that the pad of the thumb rests on it comfortably.

The g13's selling point is that it has more keys than the n52, but personally through the use of macros and bars which switch based on stance/form/etc., I haven't has an issue getting it all done with just the keys I mentioned above and a shift-modifer for some, on all my characters. So I don't see it being a problem.

Deleted
    i've bound q and e.... still when i press 1,2,3,4,5 i just loose the keyboard... Can't keep my rotation thru 1,2,3,4,5 while moving and pressing a,w,s,d to move... And these are just my main abilities, plus 15 or more cooldowns and other situational abilities i end clicking... in the end i end up moving with the mouse (holding both keys down) :S

I play a tank btw... i do it well, but not as good as i could...

i just hate to look at the keyboard to replace my hand... I play like this for 5 years and i'm really tired of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I formally used a g13 and in all honesty I was unimpressed by it. I agree with baelon the n52te is a better way to go.

Personally I can't speak for the G13, as I've never used it, but I can say the G15 keyboard is absolutely awesome. Especially with the G15 addon for your UI which gives you an extra set of buttons arranged like the extra G keys on the keyboard. If you're going to use the G13 as just an additional set of buttons, I'd say go for it. I looked over several reviews for it, and apparently the joystick is programmable and can easily be used to control your character in conjunction with your mouse. I'm actually a bit intrigued by this device now. If you do get I'd be interested in knowing how well you like it.

Another option you may want to look at is a Naga mouse. It has 12 thumb buttons and apparently works extremely well. My roommate has one and swears it is the greatest thing he's ever purchased.

Quote Originally Posted by nctank View Post
    For those who have a Logitech G13, is it worth it?
    I have some difficulties playing my best since i use awsd to move and for spells 123456789... the keys are a but far and i get some trouble and sometimes i react too slow...

so you guys think it is worth buying it? Please state if you tryied it already too!

or should i just buy a new mouse with more than 2 buttons...

thanks in advance!

---------- Post added 2011-01-24 at 07:28 PM ----------

can i move my character with my thumb?
    Just get the Razer Naga, has 14 buttons on the mouse that you can assign to any key.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero_Caliber View Post
    I formally used a g13 and in all honesty I was unimpressed by it. I agree with baelon the n52te is a better way to go.
    What's the difference? I'm going to buy either and not sure which one to get, would love to have the g13 for the screen so i can easier see who speaks on vent, i suck on voice recognition, so why the other? :P

Quote Originally Posted by nctank View Post
    i've bound q and e.... still when i press 1,2,3,4,5 i just loose the keyboard... Can't keep my rotation thru 1,2,3,4,5 while moving and pressing a,w,s,d to move... And these are just my main abilities, plus 15 or more cooldowns and other situational abilities i end clicking... in the end i end up moving with the mouse (holding both keys down) :S

I play a tank btw... i do it well, but not as good as i could...

i just hate to look at the keyboard to replace my hand... I play like this for 5 years and i'm really tired of it.
    Yeah, given this post, I'd say you're probably going to want to try the Naga. It would still allow you to move with the keyboard, using the mouse to finetune your turning, and giving you plenty of options for easy to reach buttons. With the 12 number keys plus using shift/ctrl/alt modifiers, you should never find yourself wanting for extra buttons ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by xraid View Post
    What's the difference? I'm going to buy either and not sure which one to get, would love to have the g13 for the screen so i can easier see who speaks on vent, i suck on voice recognition, so why the other? :P
    If you look at baelon's post you'll see what the differences are. Primarily the design and the resulting comfort using the joystick.
    Last edited by Deathmaw; 2011-01-24 at 08:15 PM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I also have a Naga, great mouse and the training "system" makes it easy to transition. Basically they give you little rubber bumps that you can put on the various buttons in order to train your thumb to recognize where it is on the grid so that your reaction time improves. Razer claims that the average user requires about 18 hours of playing time to get used to it fully but it only took me about 3 hours to be "on par" with my previous performance with a G19 and Razer Mamba.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use the G13 and I like it much better for tanking than my keyboard. I use the joystick for movement mostly front and back along with my mouse, and I have all 22 keys bound to tanking abilities.

I really do like it, i have not tried other game pads out there, but this one is very easy to program also.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally haven't ever used the G13, but I do own a n52te and I love it. Visually the G13 doesn't look as ergonomic as the n52te which in this case I would thus say it also would be harder to use.

Regarding the thumb (at least one the n52te) you can use it to move your toon. As a note I would disable all diagonal functions and use the mouse to look. Other than that, I like using those peripherals so ... yeah i'd buy one.

Deleted
    I personally use the Zboard Merc (google the image) It's actually a really solid keyboard, used with the Razer Naga, it gives you a lot of key options and the transition to using is a lot easier than you would expect.

Ive used the G13, N52 and their upgraded model N52te. The stick on the G13 only feels odd for about the first day, after that it feel like its been there for years. I love my G13, I wont go back to the N52te, more options on the G13 allow for far more options that any others. The built in Vent info is fantastic, along with the fact that the G13 has a button built in to allow you to talk in vent. No need to keybind a different key to put on the pad just to talk. Ive owned them both and I would go for the G13 time and time again. Ive been playing WoW on a hand pad since i started. Ive worn out 1 N52 and 2 N52te's before i got my G13. Just from a durability point the G13 is the hands down winner.
    Last edited by Spikedriver; 2011-01-24 at 11:19 PM.

I have the old nostromo n52, almost the same as the new version, just some internal hardware change and software change. It is good as i dont like bash my keyboard for gaming. The only problem it is quite small for my hand, and playing for long times makes my wrist in pain if i dont raise it with ... something about the size of a pack of cig lets say.
    I never tried the g13 but i've read it is more confortable for bigger sized hands and not so much for smaller ones, so i might have to try it.

I also have the razer naga and if u already feel confortable on keyboard i'd tell u to go for the naga instead, it gives u another whole action bar on your right thumb.

Edit: just found this: http://www.amazon.it/Wolfking-DK2388...m_cr_pr_sims_t
    made me laugh
    Last edited by mazinga; 2011-01-24 at 09:07 PM.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Source)
    If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have the G13 and I use it on and off. I don't prefer it, but I do like it and I mainly use it for the display more than anything else. I was considering getting a G15 or G19 keyboard for the extra programmable keys and display, then I wouldn't need the G13 anymore. I know nothing of the n52te so cannot speak to it's qualities. As for the Naga, I had it and it was returned within the 30 days as the thumb-pad is very small and the forward and back navigation buttons are horribly placed (also watch out for sharp edges when using the forward and back buttons).