Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Old God Locations and Control: Speculation.

Okay, I slapped this map together after reading a bit more about the Old Gods and their corruption and locations and this Map (Which I'll be trying to paste in thread) is what I got. Obviously Yogg/C'thun were a given. N'zath was tricky because unless theres another old god in his area (maybe) the guy has quite the reach from Kalimdor and even into parts of the Eastern Kingdoms. I also placed " ????? " Beneath Grim Batol for a few reasons. For starters, through Highlands questing it is mentioned that the elements in this area are at an extreme unrest and that the Twilight's Hammer has chosen this place to be their base of operations. With Grim Batol/Bastion both there, Iso'rath; a Huge Harbinger of the Old Gods also there and Elemental disturbances, I believe that there is an Old God down there, another point of interest: The Elementium Depths. That huge mine in the Twilight section of the Highlands... Are they just mining Elementium?... or are they trying to get to something/someone??? oooo0000OOOOO0000oooo.

going to try and post picture, haven't actually done it before :P

Now please post your thoughts or speculations so I can read them and possibly add some to my Map.

---------- Post added 2011-01-25 at 03:44 AM ----------

huzzah, worked my magic, take a look!
    O_o

10+ Year Old Account
    Everywhere, no where, over there, in the air.
    The speculation on the Twilight Highlands is fairly reasonable, they worship old gods AND deathwing the corrupted, BUT deathwing doesn't like the Highlands, Heaven knows why...(HINT HINT)

Now the Old Gods bodies stretch over mass amounts of Land through the cavernous depths of Azeroth. C'thun's Body/Corruption was evidently the Qiraji and the massive hives they spawned. Yogg'saron was his Tentacles, Sarontie which was his blood, and Iron Dwarves since he controlled them. N'zath as far as we know, his corruption is in both Reality and the Dream. SO far all we have seen is his tentacles (potentially his in Vashj'ir, Stonetalon, Ashenvale, etc.) and in the Book Stormrage, he corrupted Xavius and in the Dream world His corruption came as a Blackness that shrouded everything. This 4th guy that I think is in the Highlands, I think there is a VERY STRONG possibility that he comes in the form of Elementium. Look at it, the Elementium sprouts from the ground at the cultists command in the shape of, you got it, TENTACLES.
    O_o

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems about right, iv been thinking the stonetalon one may be N'zoth aswell. I like the idea that maybe elementium is the blood of the Twil/Hil one, Make sense since the only times weve ever used it before was involving the elemental lord Ragnaros.

10+ Year Old Account
    C'thun's influence could probably extend even furthur - the qiraji have some hold over the silithid, and the silithid have been sighted as far away from Silithus as the barrens.

And there's no reason the Old God's fields of influence can't overlap. Both N'Zoth and Yogg-Saron seem to control Faceless Ones - there are the non-aquatic variety attacking places in Twilight Highlands as well.

Elementium being Old God blood is an interesting idea, in keeping with saronite in Northrend... I've been wondering lately if the strange floating crystals in Silithus might be C'Thun's blood.

Ah good point about the floating crystals. Those Crystals are in places like BRD now too. But I thought about the Twi-Hi Old God and all of a sudden the Elementium = Blood/Arms thing occured to me.

---------- Post added 2011-01-25 at 03:06 PM ----------

On a side note Darkside and Golden, We should work together to make up our own Old God guy that could be in Twilight Highlands, Since I have an extensive imagination and knowledge of Lore, Dark Side has the same and a knowledge of Old Gods, and Golden can use this guy in his Spider Kingdom Expansion kinda as a side boss.

---------- Post added 2011-01-25 at 03:22 PM ----------

THIS IS VERY VERY ROUGH, Hoping to make a stonger more detailed attempt soon with artistic help from Golden yak and input from Darkside:

This is the Lay out I can see for a potential Old God Placement in Twilight Highlands.

http://img146.imageshack.us/i/oldgodplace.png/ this is the URL since the Picture didn't go through very well.

---------- Post added 2011-01-25 at 03:41 PM ----------

Name Ideas (Most following HP Lovecraft's Stuff, since thats where Blizz derives their Gods from :P):

Azra'Thos (Derived from "Azathoth" from HP)
    Nir'Kath (pronounced "Near - Koth" derived from Twilight Cultist chanting)
    Da'Ghos (Pronounced "Duh - Goss" derived from "Dagon" from HP)
    Syg'Toroth (Pronounced "Sig - Tore - Aw - Th" derived from Shoggoth and Yog Sothoth from HP)

I am leaning towards Nir'Kath, but I would like input from other people so we can have a collection of Ideas. If your Idea is chosen, you will be credited for it.
    Last edited by DexterityRogueFeathermoon; 2011-01-25 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Fix
    O_o

Deleted
    well I reckon that Azeroth itself is a massive old god! Like y'know, all old god names are from Lovecraft but tweaked... like C'Thun and Yoggy were. So Azathoth-->Azeroth maybe?

Also, you mentioned Nir'Kath in your possible names. I reckon that name was changed by blizzard into Na'Zath... Nir-->Na, Kath-->Zath? Maybe =S

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taunka View Post
    well I reckon that Azeroth itself is a massive old god! Like y'know, all old god names are from Lovecraft but tweaked... like C'Thun and Yoggy were. So Azathoth-->Azeroth maybe?

Also, you mentioned Nir'Kath in your possible names. I reckon that name was changed by blizzard into Na'Zath... Nir-->Na, Kath-->Zath? Maybe =S
    Na'zath -> N'Zoth?
    Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    Why strive to be excellent, when being just mediocre still kills the boss?

Dont all the quests in STV now point to an old god being there?

Deleted
    There was a thread a while ago about how the dwarves have found something under the barrens and have deliberatly sealed the caves they made to keep it down there. Perhaps you should look into that man?

What happend to the old god theory in western tirisfal? supposedly corrupting sylvanas?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sarethen View Post
    There was a thread a while ago about how the dwarves have found something under the barrens and have deliberatly sealed the caves they made to keep it down there. Perhaps you should look into that man?
    can anybody elaborate on this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side View Post
    It seems about right, iv been thinking the stonetalon one may be N'zoth aswell. I like the idea that maybe elementium is the blood of the Twil/Hil one, Make sense since the only times weve ever used it before was involving the elemental lord Ragnaros.
    It's just the thing is that Elementium is found in Uldum, (On the other continent) and Deepholm (an elemental plane)
    The Old God blood thing works out for Northrend so well because it was all on one continent.
    Experience has shown, and a true philosophy will always show, that a vast, perhaps the larger portion of the truth arises from the seemingly irrelevant. -Edgar Allan Poe

N'Zoth is more likely around Vashj'ir under L'ghorek.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warchief94 View Post
    can anybody elaborate on this?
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...th-the-Barrens...

Deleted
    Well, for some strange reason I don't remember, me and my IRL friends began speculating, our outcome:

There USED to be one under Moonglade, the one that caused the Nightmare (N'zoth as far as we mortals know), therefore the druids have settled there, to cleanse it you know, but the old god was moved by his servants in an attempt to protect him/her.
    There may be one about Desolace too, maybe The Barrens, we began on this because of the Quests in Southern Barrens.
    We know C'thun.
    We know Yogg-Saron (we believe that this one is a female tho, because of his human form Sara).
    Then we also began talking about the mini maelstrom in STV might have been caused by and underground/underwater chamber that broke, so the water streamed down, we believe this underground/underwater chamber to be an addtional location.
    We also talked about one that might be around Blackrock Mountain, and the naming of Elementium in this thread just lead this further.
    So here we stopped, kinda, until i responded "What if Blizz is making a seven-peaked star? This could mean that there might be one around the Plaguelands!"

There it all stopped. Old gods is our third most beloved Lore subject, second being Dragons and first, the Titans.

Oh yeah, we also talked about that maybe the Old Gods kinda was like, "The good, but not fully perfect, guys." I honestly see the so called "Curse" of flesh being more of a blessing.

Sorry for my bad english

10+ Year Old Account
    Arent there like 5 old gods??

Dont all the quests in STV now point to an old god being there?
    I'm pretty sure its all about hakkar, even tho I havent paid that much attention while doing them.

Deleted
    I'm pretty sure N'zath is behind all of the old god shenanigans going on currently, as to his location its almost certainly in or beneath Nazjatar - the Naga capital - as its probably him that turned Azshara and the highborne into Naga. This puts him slap bang in the middle of Kalimdor/EK which would explain his influence beng felt pretty much everywhere. The colour of the tentacles is a strong indicator - C'thun's are beige, Yogg's sort of turquoise and N'zath's are purple. So far we've seen purple tentacles in Vashj'ir, Stonetalon, Ashenvale and the Lost Isles. Iso'rath is also this colour but its a seperate entity, albeit one probably spawned by N'zath. As for his blood, it could be Kaja'mite ore (mined by Goblins in Kezan and Lost Isles), however the colour of it is inconsistent with the tentacles popping up everywhere (Saronite was at least the same hue as it's namesake).

I suspect the next expansion will be a combination of the Emerald Dream and the Naga where we'll probably end up dealing with him somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunka View Post
    The name Azeroth comes most directly from CJ Cherryh's Sci-Fi/Fantasy novel, "Fires of Azeroth" published in 1979 according to its wikipedia entry

I'd link to Wikipedia and Amazon, but apparently I'm not allowed to post links yet =(

The Wiki claims there is no connection between the title and the usage in WoW, but I'm convinced there's a Cherryh fan involved. Maybe Cherryh derived the name from Lovecraft, to that I can't really say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by butterzz View Post
    Arent there like 5 old gods??

I'm pretty sure its all about hakkar, even tho I havent paid that much attention while doing them.
    I dont think hakkar himself is an old god, but hes definitly related to N'zoth. N'zoth is the main corruptor of the emerald dream, and Hakkar is heavily involved in the nightmare aswell, ergo, he had have gone through N'zoth somehow. What i believe is that N'zoth took on the characteristic role of Zoth-Ommog of Lovecraft and is the Parent God of Father Dagun and Mother Hydra. In this case, Father Dagun would be Hakkar and Mother Hydra would be Ula-Tek, Hakkars sister(yes, Ula-tek is a real WoW lore character).