Thread: Spellsteal

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sym View Post
    <3 Spellsteal.

It's enjoyable watching a Paladin blow all his cooldowns at the same rate that I can steal them.
    This is why its going to be nerfed more than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffymuffins View Post
    Bolded the genius. Thank you, sir, thank you very much.
    It actually would. If I can keep everything but wings (which I would indeed not use then) and could just run with HoF, Divine Protection etc after you.. I'd trade that. I really would.

And regarding dispell, Sir. It was not about using a GCD.. It was about having nothing out of LAotL cuz the 2 dispells kill off 3 seconds. This buff goes 4 seconds. I know this - my - class at the best. Spellsteal has always been ridiculous vs Paladins. Don't come here being bold trying to talk about balance. May I see your armory link in order to know if I am talking to a guy who actually has clue? Cuz I gotta doubt that, which makes lil Jaysus sad. I simply hate wasting time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Killer View Post
    Players like you make laugh. Always complaining about mages because you are bad. Nerf ice lance , nerf AB , nerf Spellsteal. Right now , mages are very far from OP so plz stop crying and know how to beat them.
    I'll just forget I ever saw your comment, ok?

Quote Originally Posted by JayJay09 View Post
    May I see your armory link in order to know if I am talking to a guy who actually has clue?

Here ya go: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ar/adus/simple

Enjoy. Also, could I see your armory link? Since we're playing the "My toon > your toon" game...I'll just skip to the end. My guild > Your guild.

Edit: Like my green iLevel 312 wand? It's so purty.
    [06:15:34][2] [Evilrogue]: Guys dont be jelous becuase i have a life.....im really good looking and ur not, and i got a Gf
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    Navigator: Captain, our scanners have picked up a QQ post.
    Captain: On screen!
    Crew: What do you make of it Captain?
    Captain: Clearly L2P issues. Carry on...

Deleted
    Diminishing retuns on roots and slows would be a good starter for balancing frostmages. Almost everything else got diminishing returns in pvp, why not make slows/roots fall under the same nerfhammer?

And ret always been pretty bad vs frostmages because when you dispell the mage will just keep freezing the ret, avoiding him and do instants to kill him. and spellsteal whenever we got a gapcloser. When we bubble run after a mage we do bad dmg, and the mages got very good tools for survivability for small periods of time vs melees.

Now I don't play ret in area because ret's pretty bad vs many classes making it quite boaring in pvp and I enjoy holy way more but I've been playing it alot in pve and bg's so I'm not totally clueless.

I swear. People need to do some PvP before they complain about PvP. Just because you can't become immune to novas/roots from the DR does not mean the DR doesn't exist. I'm sure that you get caught in a nova for 4 seconds every time, right? Nope. 4 > 2 > 1. And if it seems like there isn't a DR on it, it's because DRs actually reset after a few seconds. Frost nova: 24 second CD. Pet Freeze: 24 second CD. CoC: 6 second CD. After you cast the second nova, they time they are rooted becomes 1 second. By the time the novas are off CD, the DR has reset, and we're back to square one.
    [06:15:34][2] [Evilrogue]: Guys dont be jelous becuase i have a life.....im really good looking and ur not, and i got a Gf

Haha blizz said they were gonna nerf spellsteal and guess what? The mages managed to dodge the nerf AGAIN. Did they even nerf ring of frost at all?

There's really no way they can nerf ring of frost without making it useless. What do you suggest? Longer time to form? Shorter duration? Longer CD? If you trinket the effect, or it is dispelled, you already have a 3 second immunity to it. Besides telling people over and over to just avoid the damn thing, there isn't much else I can say.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by menjaey View Post
    If Purge and Dispel from Felhunter are getting nerfed, why is spellsteal not? It is the only one that allows the player using the ability to gain the ability and thus making it the best. If it is going to get nerfed in the patch with the others then fine but at the moment there is no indication of it getting nerfed and I think that is a huge problem that needs to be resolved.
    Ah yes, because stealing paly might is SOOOOOO OP for mages lol.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nice gear Adus :-P I normally hate getting involved in these topics, but I do see them quite regularly. It's sad how many people complain about this and that. If you are going to PVP you have to put forth an effort to know your opponents, know their spells, how long they last, what the cost is, and most importantly how to counter it.

I have toyed around on a paladin before, although I admit I did not do well. They have a few counters against frost mages as have already been mentioned, and cost far less mana (out of the base) then spellsteal does. On my mage with my current mana pool I can cast spellsteal 19 times, then I would be OOM (without spirit regen). That doesn't leave a lot of room for DPS (after casting a few spellsteals over and over)... especially when I am using mana to frost nova, keep my Ice Barrier up, and Blink away while casting offensive spells.

If you pop that ability vs a mage do expect it to get stolen. It's part of the game. If it does and he gets ready to start DPS'ing using your buff, cast Repentance and burn off what you can of the timer. Shield through it... do whatever it takes. That is the strategy part.

I am not stating anyone is right or wrong here, I am saying that part of PVP is to use your brain tho. Plan ahead, you will have a better chance of winning.

<gulps down all the tears>

... ~Raven
    Last edited by Renagade Raven; 2011-01-25 at 05:32 PM.

Deleted
    I swear. People need to do some PvP before they complain about PvP. Just because you can't become immune to novas/roots from the DR does not mean the DR doesn't exist. I'm sure that you get caught in a nova for 4 seconds every time, right? Nope. 4 > 2 > 1. And if it seems like there isn't a DR on it, it's because DRs actually reset after a few seconds. Frost nova: 24 second CD. Pet Freeze: 24 second CD. CoC: 6 second CD. After you cast the second nova, they time they are rooted becomes 1 second. By the time the novas are off CD, the DR has reset, and we're back to square one.
    When not novad you are slowed aswell making those cd's too short, and you forgot the one thing that can freeze a melee from meleeing a mage, even judgement freeze you from this which is quite ridiculous tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe they said they were nerfing it.

Just because it isn't on the notes doesn't mean it's not receiving a nerf.

What's with people and treating each set of planned changes to be final even when the patch is not going live in a few more weeks?

---------- Post added 2011-01-25 at 03:47 PM ----------

Also, Spellsteal CAN be useful in PvE. Maybe in later raid encounters.

Everything is about PvP now...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by istheshiz View Post
    [/COLOR]Also, Spellsteal CAN be useful in PvE. Maybe in later raid encounters.

Everything is about PvP now...
    Idd I wish they'd balance stuff around PvE instead, or make spells have different values in PvE and PvP but blizzard is to lazy to do that.

They are going to make Spellsteal cost a huge amount of mana so Mages wont be able to spam it.
    Another way to make it less desired is that they will make a lot off major spells like Pain suppression not able to get spellstolen.
    Do not forget that Spellsteal is a very useful spell in PVE.

@Veronycht:
    Thanks for the compliment. At least, I hope you weren't being sarcastic. And even if you were, it doesn't bother me. I'm still working to get better gear, as is everyone. Nobody on my server is in full vicious yet, and I have very little problems in arena/BGs with 3.3K resil. Gonna replace my wand as soon as the servers are back up :P. I wanted to get it last week, but Blizzard ninja jew'd up the price of off hands and ranged weapons....made me sad for a moment.

Back on topic: I use spell steal very rarely, actually. The only time I do use it is if I need to get that barkskin off a druid, or that pally wasn't thinking and popped wings. Speaking hypothetically about mages spamming it is just bad. If you lost to a mage because he spammed spell steal, you either need gear or need to re-roll/uninstall the game.

---------- Post added 2011-01-25 at 07:56 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by qq-r View Post
    Idd I wish they'd balance stuff around PvE instead, or make spells have different values in PvE and PvP but blizzard is to lazy to do that.
    About that. It's called resilience. It lowers the damage received by all players and pets. As far as spell steal is concerned, it doesn't really lower the effectiveness, but there have been countless times that my spell steal has been resisted.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    @Veronycht:
    Thanks for the compliment. At least, I hope you weren't being sarcastic. And even if you were, it doesn't bother me. I'm still working to get better gear, as is everyone. Nobody on my server is in full vicious yet, and I have very little problems in arena/BGs with 3.3K resil. Gonna replace my wand as soon as the servers are back up :P. I wanted to get it last week, but Blizzard ninja jew'd up the price of off hands and ranged weapons....made me sad for a moment.
    I was being serious. I just started Arenas in Cata this last week, and am saving my points for the Staff first :-P I bought the crafted gear for now to use until I can get the points for the cloth stuff later. I am running with a RL friend, destro warlock. So yeah a pretty viable group, we just have to get our strategy/coordination down to be able to win against all teams.

Deleted
    This is such a typical case of; "Rock: Nerf Paper please! Btw, nothing is wrong with scissors ."

I didn't even bother buying the crafted set, tbh. I just grinded the easy honor for my Bloodthirsty gear. And a RL friend of mine used to play a lock as his main in Wrath. Long story short, the account got deleted. But back in Wrath, running around as a Fire Mage / Destro Lock.....it was just evil to people. We did unspeakable things. :P

---------- Post added 2011-01-25 at 08:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by FruityFrodo View Post
    This is such a typical case of; "Rock: Nerf Paper please! Btw, nothing is wrong with scissors ."
    This.

To make my post longer...

Deleted
    Holy crap, the amount of nonsense being spewed on the last page and this are absurd. "Hey, you're fighting a mage, don't pop cooldowns, or actually, don't even bother trying to use your spells to your advantage, the mage will just spellsteal them and stomp you even harder. And if you do dare poping cooldowns you're a fucking idiot, because lol mate you're fighting a mage ofc he's gona spellsteal"...

Sigh.

Spellsteal cost needs to be upped to some idiotic amount like 10k mana. And that's if you don't want it to have a cooldown, which I'm sure good and high rated mages would prefere.

What a joke.

Here ya go: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ar/adus/simple

Enjoy. Also, could I see your armory link? Since we're playing the "My toon > your toon" game...I'll just skip to the end. My guild > Your guild.
    Sure takes some balls to post an armory like that after trying to defend mages in a thread like this, lmao.