Page 1 of 2
LastLast

use lightwell macro

just need a quick macro for guild, basically /target light,well, use and targetlast target, thx

Don't think it's possible.

oh, okay, thx

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think the Lightwell is targetable, a player can only use it by right-clicking...

Lightwell is no longer Targetable, but has a lot of positives with it now:

Has a 20yrd Range
    DOES NOT affecting casting and can be clicked mid cast
    is NO LONGER targetable, meaning you wont lose your current target if you click it to get healed.
    IS a Priest top end HpM spell and should be used whenever possible and kept up at all times during raid bosses and heroic bosses to assist.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just click on the Lightwell. It doesn't clear your current target to do so, and it is clickable from up to 20 yards away now (I thought it was 30, but people are saying 20). DPS should be aware of their surroundings and be fully aware of where the Lightwell has been placed - and especially in a guild run you should know where your holy priest is placing his or her little well of holy love.

Since it has a 40 yard placement range, there is no reason your healer wouldn't be placing it halfway between the casters and melee.
    For the Alliance!

My issues is that I'm in melee range, I see boss butt, and only boss butt... I can't see the dang thing that is ALWAYS next to ranged dps/healers. I just can't see the darn thing, much less click it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbert View Post
    My issues is that I'm in melee range, I see boss butt, and only boss butt... I can't see the dang thing that is ALWAYS next to ranged dps/healers. I just can't see the darn thing, much less click it.
    Then tell your priests to be more considerate of melee.

Deleted
    It does however interupt my Hellfire cast when I'm running around killing adds and clicking the Lightwell :'(. Might be a bug though and Blizzard doesn't know it yet. But It's kinda annoying since the Hellfire costs alot of mana, and when your low on hp you can't really Life Tap.

This is coming from a Warlock obviously ^^.

Quote Originally Posted by 13eaver View Post
    It does however interupt my Hellfire cast when I'm running around killing adds and clicking the Lightwell :'(. Might be a bug though and Blizzard doesn't know it yet. But It's kinda annoying since the Hellfire costs alot of mana, and when your low on hp you can't really Life Tap.

This is coming from a Warlock obviously ^^.
    It does cancel Channeled spells, which is a known issue I believe. Means we can't use it while channeling Hymn of Hope and Divine Hymn

The Lightwell itself is targettable (you can use a /target on it) but there's no macro command to "interact with target". You can assign a button to the "interact with target" option in keybinds so you would need 2 buttons to use it without clicking it, one to target and one to interact with it.

**********LIGHTWELL*********** for when you want a raid spot, want phat loots and don't really wanna do much

Quote Originally Posted by sp101 View Post
    It does cancel Channeled spells, which is a known issue I believe. Means we can't use it while channeling Hymn of Hope and Divine Hymn
    But you can use it while casting, for example while spamming Ice bolts.

You don't have any need to target the Lightwell - just click on it. It won't remove your target, you don't need to face it, and it's a 40yrd range. If you can't find the second the click the lightwell then you're doing something wrong!
    Secure accounts ftw!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Clempson View Post
    "KING VARIAN, DEATHWING HAS DESTROYED HALF OF STORMWIND, WHAT DO WE DO!?"

"Build a statue of your king."

OP:

You cannot target a friendly lightwell. Ever. That's the solution for the lightwell targetting issues we had in WoTLK.
    Even if you could, there is no way for a macro to interact with a target anyway - /use won't work.

So I'm afraid you will just have to click it manually in 3D space.

I hate when you try to right click a Lightwell and you click on a Paladin's Light of Dawn and you get him as a target and no Lightwell HoT >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    OP:

You cannot target a friendly lightwell. Ever. That's the solution for the lightwell targetting issues we had in WoTLK.
    Even if you could, there is no way for a macro to interact with a target anyway - /use won't work.

So I'm afraid you will just have to click it manually in 3D space.
    You can target a friendly Lightwell using a /target macro, and then use it with the interact with target keybind. So it's possible to use Lightwell using 2 keys but losing your current target (not a major problem as a healer). The /target macro can be included to Lightwell button, casting Lightwell when the cooldown is up and targeting the well if it's already placed, saving a keybind.

I know, to to find 2 free keybinds as a holypriest is hard, but if you try it you won't use Lightwell button again.

Deleted
    As other have said, it's not possible. You should do a macro like this for it though; #showtooltip Lightwell/cast !Lightwell

It let's you spam your lightwell keybind without cancelling the circle.

Plenty of misinformation here...you absolutely CAN TARGET lightwells with a macro. To "macro" the use of the lightwell, you need 2 or 3 kaybinds though (depending on what you want to do). Here are the steps:

1) Create macro /tar lightwell (put the macro on a bar somewhere and set a keybind for it)
    2) Go into the keybind menu and set a keybind for the "interact with target" funtion
    3) Crate a macro /targetlasttarget (and put on a bar and set a keybind for it, or is it in the keybind menu already? meh, either way).

So then you have to hit either 2 or 3 keys in quick succession and it will start the HoT and you will be back on your target.

**edit to fix the /targetlasttarget macro.**
    Last edited by crazyb; 2011-01-26 at 06:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    With a Razer Naga Or similar programmable mouse it is doable. Kinda long but it works.

Create 2 in game macros

/tar Lightwell
    /targetlasttarget

in Razer Naga configuration create a button macro to send F11 F12 F10 ketstrokes

Back in game keybind the /tar lightwell macro to F11 and the /targetlasttarget macro to F10, then go into key bindings an set Interact with Target to F12

I bound this to button 11 on the razer naga so when i press it i get the lightwell heal an back on target instantly

Edit: Further Testing
    Also made an macro and bound it to the G3 key on a Logitech G15 keyboard.... works just as good so any type of programmable mouse or keyboard should make this doable
    Last edited by uzumati; 2011-01-26 at 06:36 PM.
    Victoria Aut Mors