Deathmatch Battleground (and other battleground thoughts)

I know in most online PvP games the Team Deathmatch mode is always the most popular, but I find it curious WoW does not have one. I know I would enjoy an 'ol straight-up slayer match in WoW where pure kill hunting is the objective and I think other players would as well.

On another note I was also thinking WoW needs a lot more PvP maps, most online shooters have around 25+ while after 6 years WoW still has only 8. Now I know that WoW has a whole ton of other content so its hard for the Blizzard to divide their efforts. But I really feel that 4 new maps in the last 3+ years is pretty low.

One final thing that's been on my mind: as the number of WoW battlegrounds increases, the more thinly spread the playerbase will be in queues, increasing queue times. This isn't a problem if the player uses the "Random Battleground" queue, but I don't think it's a permanent solution.

Rather, I propose BGs are split into "Playlists" like in Halo or COD. Ex: There would be a CTF playlist and if queued, you would get into WSG or TP. There could also be a "Territories" playlist in which the maps AB and The Battle for Gilneas would be part of the playlist.

Thoughts?

More BG's yes. Deathmatch battelground yes.

Deleted
    Yeah, never really understood why they have never implemented a Free for All battleground, I mean in Arena you can fight against your own factions, so why not implement it in a FFADM Would be really good aswell, and Horde wouldn't have to worry about Q's lol.

There's a link to a team deathmatch battleground idea in my signature.

It's Taurajo Fields, and it's technically just a team deathmatch with reinforcements. You can hand in particular items that drop for more reinforcements.

EDIT: Also, I kind of like your "playlist" idea, but how would it work with a combined BG such as EotS, which is a CTF/King of the Hill combination..
    New Class: Runemaster
    New Alliance Race: Furbolg
    New Horde Race: None yet.
    New Zones: None yet.
    New Battleground: Ruins of Eldre'Thalas, Silithus Quarry, Taurajo Fields, Sorrows Training Grounds
    New Dungeon: None yet.

Team death match? you're familiar with arena right? It's teams and it's death match, and that's all it is.

OR slayer.. ; My idea for this is, 2 teams, each team has 10-15 players.. Whichever team gets most kills in a 15-20 minute time period, wins. Honor and such awarded for kills and winning.

Isnt that what WSG is now? I hardly ever see anyone going for flags on my team.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    Team death match? you're familiar with arena right? It's teams and it's death match, and that's all it is.
    Difference between the two - if you die in Arena it's game over.

If you die in a BG you get resurrected.

Tiny difference, but makes a huge difference in gameplay. Thanks for contributing.
    New Class: Runemaster
    New Alliance Race: Furbolg
    New Horde Race: None yet.
    New Zones: None yet.
    New Battleground: Ruins of Eldre'Thalas, Silithus Quarry, Taurajo Fields, Sorrows Training Grounds
    New Dungeon: None yet.

I think it would already be nice if they finally released Azshara Crater, it looks interesting, but they've been holding it back since vanilla.
    Would also like an implementation of UT2004's jailbreak mode as a BG... A lot of similarities with Arena again, team deathmatch, if you die, you're out. But... You can be randomly chosen for a 1vs1 match with a dead member of the opposing team (if there are any). If you win, you'll be resurrected. Also, if one of your teammates activates a special object in the enemy base, all dead members of your team are resurrected. This can be played on nearly every CTF map, it might need an additional "arena" zone for the 1vs1 matches though.
    Last edited by T!tania; 2011-01-25 at 12:37 PM.