Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Reducing mortal strike to 10% seems like a mistake

As a hunter I am not able to kill healers on my own. No interrupts, pretty much a monkey stun and 10% healing debuff are my only options as survival besides just pumping out the damage. I think a hunter interrupt is needed. Even silencing shot for marksman is useful, but again 1 on 1, it doesn't seem like 3 seconds of silence every 20 is enough to put out much pressure. The more I think about it the more I am getting the feeling that hunters are completely a support role in pvp these days, stand back, nuke stuff with non-stop decent damage, throw out some traps and wyvern sting, slow people down, but really it takes something else to actually kill stuff if there is a healer around.

Can anything beat a healer 1 on 1 right now? Warriors and rogues having a hard time without their MS too? Seems like mana burn/drain mana would be the best bet at this point to get healers if you are alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I remember right, they didn't want people to be able to 1v1 equally geared healers.

All these MS effects are pretty much balanced to reduce healing efficiency by 10%, much like Skull Bash's 10% mana cost increase.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyera
    I don't get it.™

Also, classes with MS were balanced around it, doing less damage. This meant that teams with two MS classes were suboptimal, you could get a better DPS by subbing one of your MS supplyers. This removed a lot of comps from being effective.

For similar reasons, the removal of Heroism from Arena is a good thing. Hunters, Shamans and Mages now have less desynchronization between them.

And you shouldn't be able to 1v1 a healer (until he is OOM or bored). If you could do that, how would a healer be able to keep 1 or 2 partners up in 2v2, 3v3 or 5v5 arena?
    Join Amicus, 10man progression raiding, but on a respectable 2day schedule!

pvp isnt balanced 1v1 so your point is not valid
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

15+ Year Old Account
    why can't people understand that you're not meant to solo healers? if you could what would be the point of healers in pvp if they can't even keep themselves up through just 1 person?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulPoetry View Post
    why can't people understand that you're not meant to solo healers? if you could what would be the point of healers in pvp if they can't even keep themselves up through just 1 person?
    maybe the healers could be supporting classes like they were meant to? you know, like finding someone to look out for you while you keep him alive. you shouldn't get a godmode buff just because you rolled a healer.

A hunter's 5k-7k crits is just no pressure at all. Weak class is weak right now, so until the next patch, something might happen to actually make them more playable. When you compare to what a warriors and frost mages can do, it pretty much tells you what you're missing.

Deleted
    Ms or not warriors still hit like hell on my paladin and im still ~3k resil

Quote Originally Posted by Emorium View Post
    maybe the healers could be supporting classes like they were meant to? you know, like finding someone to look out for you while you keep him alive. you shouldn't get a godmode buff just because you rolled a healer.
    Godmode would mean they could actually kill you. A good healer won't die in a 1v1, but he also won't kill you. How is that remotely unfair?

Quote Originally Posted by Drarion View Post
    Ms or not warriors still hit like hell on my paladin and im still ~3k resil
    It's Colossus Smash, it hurts Every second kiting a Warrior when you have the debuff up is worth it!
    Join Amicus, 10man progression raiding, but on a respectable 2day schedule!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fizzlebeard View Post
    Godmode would mean they could actually kill you. A good healer won't die in a 1v1, but he also won't kill you. How is that remotely unfair?
    just because you dont do it fast doesn't mean you can't do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok other thing. What when you cant get healer oom. Cos hes healing using only instants. And afther 20 minutes hes at 80%+ mana and not going down.
    Arena ends at 50 minutes and both teams lose rating. I had 3 arenas like that this week. Healers did not go oom in 50 minutes of arena. Both teams Warrior+healer......
    ATM i would like ms to be more like 25% mana regen debuff than 10% healing......

Deleted
    Play Marksman hunter and not SV. You will be able to kill healers now. Use silencing shot and use your dispelling shot against their hots and shields. Always spare the energy for this and you will make quick work killing druids. The only tough healer for a well played marks hunter is a paladin since his armor negates a good part of your physical dps (white hits, double attack procs and instant steady- and aimed shots).

An sv hunter might do higher sustained dps than a marks, but well, it is all dots and they will be dispelled before you know it. Healers > dots without dispell protection. Marksman does direct damage and thus does not suffer from that problem. The healer will be required to heal using casttime, which you can interrupt twice with scatter and silencing shot, or he tries to shield or HoT himself, which you can then dispell yourself with tranquilizing shot.

Just make sure to snare the healer at all times so he cannot kite you, this will enable you to stand quite alot to get autoshots and double attack procs off. Drain his buffs with your tranquilizing shot whenever possible and save your silencing shot, scatter shot and icetrap for situations where the healer tries to use casttime heals. Ligning up steady shots and waiting until your instant aimed shot procs, then releasing aimed, chimera and 2 arcane shots usually takes away a good chunk of health which the healer cannot prevent and has to heal back up. And when you dispell his HoTs and interrupt his casttime heals, he is in big trouble.

Come next patch this will shift even more in favour of marksman since his damage is now unpreventable once he closes into 40m range, when he can shoot autoshots while moving and those also proc the extra attacks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by heinz View Post
    Play Marksman hunter and not SV. You will be able to kill healers now. Use silencing shot and use your dispelling shot against their hots and shields. Always spare the energy for this and you will make quick work killing druids. The only tough healer for a well played marks hunter is a paladin since his armor negates a good part of your physical dps (white hits, double attack procs and instant steady- and aimed shots).

An sv hunter might do higher sustained dps than a marks, but well, it is all dots and they will be dispelled before you know it. Healers > dots without dispell protection. Marksman does direct damage and thus does not suffer from that problem. The healer will be required to heal using casttime, which you can interrupt twice with scatter and silencing shot, or he tries to shield or HoT himself, which you can then dispell yourself with tranquilizing shot.

Just make sure to snare the healer at all times so he cannot kite you, this will enable you to stand quite alot to get autoshots and double attack procs off. Drain his buffs with your tranquilizing shot whenever possible and save your silencing shot, scatter shot and icetrap for situations where the healer tries to use casttime heals. Ligning up steady shots and waiting until your instant aimed shot procs, then releasing aimed, chimera and 2 arcane shots usually takes away a good chunk of health which the healer cannot prevent and has to heal back up. And when you dispell his HoTs and interrupt his casttime heals, he is in big trouble.

Come next patch this will shift even more in favour of marksman since his damage is now unpreventable once he closes into 40m range, when he can shoot autoshots while moving and those also proc the extra attacks.
    I'd also like to add that with marksman you can actually outheal the little damage a healer can do to you simply by using Chimera Shot on CD. And if 1v1 means so much to you get a gorilla, they have pummel on a 30 sec CD.

15+ Year Old Account
    10% is actually pretty potent right now against every class but a Resto Shaman. The problem seems to be that MS will be easily out scaled by higher health pools, more resilience, and higher healer mana pools and secondary stats (more haste, more crit, more regen). Always thought the 20% version was the best, but meh.
    BfA Beta Time

just because you dont do it fast doesn't mean you can't do it.
    /Thread - Easiest way to compare it.

Deleted
    Yeah, the gorilla is quite nice against healers. Also a wasp (2s stun, 45s cd). We got 5 pets to choose from midfight, so it is time to finally use all the versatility that the hunter class packs.

Deleted
    Life is good in warrior land. The helaers are all like "lol look at me surviving this warrior. I'm INVINCIBLE" Then *BOOM* Dead healer at my feet. Meanwile the enemy hunteris feeding me rage and help keep me topped up with HP as i am regenerating more than he can output in damage.

I agree that we need a MS in the game close to 50% but not because of 1v1. Healer turtles are retarded in this game which is half the problem with Rated BG's.

Ok since you're one of the long line that fails at logic,here it is; 2v 2,one healer+dps team one team with 2 dps.The two dps split to each member of the opposing team,since the healer can't heal himself vs one dps (that's what you're suggesting) he loses and the fight becomes 1vs2.Result? Healers are a liability,better pack your team with dps.See why it's stupid yet?