Deleted

My very own Signature image :D

'sup people?

Last week I got my photoshop working. Today, I decided I might try to create my personal signature for use on these forums. Now the signature is done to me, and I would like to ask all of you for your opinion on it.

# Update 1 :

# Update 2 :

# Update 3:

Please note that this is the first signature I've ever made, so be easy on me
    Last edited by mmoc23d8b33cbb; 2011-01-25 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Updated the signature to 500x100.

Deleted
    I think I love it, lol.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm fairly sure it's too big.
    Look into the forum rules and have a look.

Other than that, it's rather cool

15+ Year Old Account
    Aye. Far too big. I'll give you a chance to fix it on your own, but if another mod see's it, it will likely get removed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Aye. Far too big. I'll give you a chance to fix it on your own, but if another mod see's it, it will likely get removed.
    Thanks for the headsup, I will resize it before I re-use it as a sig.

Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    It's too big for this forum.
    The limit is 500 x 100, yours is 606 x 106.

The background is a tad boring if you ask me :/
    Yeah, I got that aswell, but I couldn't think of anything to make myself that actually looked good on this, so I just took this extremely simple druid-color background.

EDIT: I've updated the original post with the new, re-sized 500x100 image, and added a texture to the background, just to see how it looks.
    Last edited by mmoc23d8b33cbb; 2011-01-25 at 02:46 PM.

I'd kill the bevels your using (or at least the one on the druid cutout) they make the character stand out too much, almost seems like hes floating above the rest of the piece. I'd also consider killing the inner-shadow on the name, its really reducing the legibility (not that the typeface helps, but I can see why you chose it). Other than that, pretty spiffy. May want to rethink the orange-to-yellow gradient on the rest of the text - its kind of getting lost in the background.

Deleted
    Thanks, ares1013. I didn't remove the gradient because I kinda like it myself, it's just some generic info, and not that important to be the eye-catcher of the image. Also, it doesn't have inner-shadow on the name, and the text is orange to green :P

Updated again. More constructive commentary is greatly appreciated

15+ Year Old Account
    My main comment would be that the name is difficult to read. Between the strange font and the fade to black, it's not readable at a glance. I'd recommend either changing the font or changing the color (making it all gray, or fading to something lighter than pure black, maybe).

Also, still a bit over the max allowed size because it should be at most 100px high total, including the quote.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    My main comment would be that the name is difficult to read. Between the strange font and the fade to black, it's not readable at a glance. I'd recommend either changing the font or changing the color (making it all gray, or fading to something lighter than pure black, maybe).

Also, still a bit over the max allowed size because it should be at most 100px high total, including the quote.
    Removed my Signature quote, so it's just the picture (500x100) now. The name is more light now, but due to it being a WoW sig, I'll keep the Morpheus font on it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Much better

Looks good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bravehéart View Post
    I think I love it, lol.
    Thunderfury! I approve!

Big thanks to Safhira for my Signature!
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/llane/Gog…

I really like the 3rd update

Deleted
    Glad to hear that it's good now
    I'll stick to this then ^_^

Thanks all for your constructive replies =3

Deleted
    Not too bad mate

Only thing I'd suggest is maybe using a different glow colour on the smaller text, as yellow doesn't really cause it to stand out so much with it being so close to your background color.

Otherwise thumbs up

Deleted
    looks awesome