Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

Shaman Addons + Macros?

Ive been playing an Unholy DK as my main through wrath, but in Cata ive decided to try out playing a Shaman, especially since heroic raids heavily favor ranged dps. My off spec is resto, I'm also interested in trying enhancement out. Any experienced shaman have any useful macros or addons for me? I am a troll so I have Berserking if that applies to anything. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Slayaaa View Post
    ...especially since heroic raids heavily favor ranged dps...interested in trying enhancement out
    Wait, what?

I'm going to presume you're planning to have an elemental spec, or the above just doesn't make much sense.

In which case grab Power Auras and Bones Epic Power Auras, it's so popular you can google BEPA and find it on the first page.
    Really great PA set-up for elemental, also a set of resto auras (though I have never tried those).

As for macros, get some good Hex/Bind Elemental macros, Purge macro, Wind Shear macro (for purge/interupts on focus/mouseover/whatever you find easiest) after that just see what you feel you need.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ive been playing an Unholy DK as my main through wrath, but in Cata ive decided to try out playing a Shaman, especially since heroic raids heavily favor ranged dps. My off spec is resto, I'm also interested in trying enhancement out. Any experienced shaman have any useful macros or addons for me? I am a troll so I have Berserking if that applies to anything. Thanks in advance.
    Enhancement is melee bud.
    TotemTimers is a good addon for managing totems and CD's.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    sorry, I didnt word that too well looking back lol, elemental is my main spec, resto is my off spec. when i said interested in trying out enhancement i meant if anyone has any useful stuff for it im going to try it out down the road, i know its melee lol

I find Icehud invaluable for timer bars to time flameshock dot and lavaburst cooldown. A bit of a pain to set up the first time though but I am glad I did, I couldn't really get used to the Needtoknow style bars myself..

I like Shieldsup to keep track of earth shield & water/lightning shield, via some clean numbers close to my character. it also makes a sound and text when your earth shield runs out.

I have poweraura classic to show when lightning shield hits 8 charges.

and I have my 4 totem icons moved down below my feet instead of way up under the player frame, but I don't actually know if icehud, shieldsup, or xperl does this.

Possibly Bone's does some or all of the above from the brief look I had at it, have not tried it cause I'm pretty used to my own setup but it does seem to be a hell of an impressive Powa setup.

As for macros I have both a spellpower trinket and berzerk macroed with lavaburst and elemental mastery macroed with earth shock. It isn't ideal to not have your cooldowns when you need them (when magmaw's head is on the spike etc) but it does put them to early and often use. I find otherwise I don't usually think of using them when I do need them.

For resto I have a spirit trinket macroed with mana tide totem but considering the next patch change I will put it on greater heal, since usually by the time you use the big heal you've probably already spent some mana with riptides and lesser heals. And I have berzerk macroed with chain heal since I tend to spam that one a few times whenever I do use it which is a lot of healing with berzerk.

For interrupts if you put a /stopcasting before /cast Wind Shear in a macro it will stop whatever spell like lightning bolt is currently casting to interrupt.

and yeah for cc a /cast [(at)focus] Hex macro works great. (not letting me post links maybe the (at) symbol is causing this)

binding things to the mousewheel is another neat trick if you've never tried it (I think it zooms by default, how often do you need to do that?): mousewheelup is either flame shock or earthshield and mousewheeldown is either lavaburst or watershield, depending on spec.

thats all I got, hope some of it helps.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm using TotemTimers for the totem management. When hovering over the totem bar, it shows you the available list of totems for each kind, where you can either assign the selected totem to the totem bar with the right mousebutton or simply place that specific totem with the left (saves space on the interface and you can still access all totems in-fight if your raidlead tells you so).

For the dots I always use Need to Know for all chars. Works also on buffs/debuffs/CDs.

For Maelstrom I use Power Auras, showing different colors for each stack, ranging from green to red (+sound on 5 stacks).

For healing my favorite raid-frame is VuhDo with inverted colors (black bars with red background), but for healing you should definitely try a couple of popular add-ons (VuhDo, Healbot, Grid,...) and pick the one you like most. Suggestions won't really help on this decision, you will have to try yourself.