Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've used MC as CC on occasion since vanilla as a priest healer, the only time it's been problematic was when it missed (though for trash of equal or lesser level that chance is pretty low).

Pretty much every time in heroic Magister's Terrace for instance, that last trash pull before Kael that non-raiders and pugs regularly wiped on when lacking or not using CC, I'd usually start out by MCing the Naga til it got killed, then running away and LOS giving the tank the opportunity to challenging shout or roar or have them run through consecrate. Plus I have fade. Combined that with having a mage or traps, we didnt wipe that pull near as much as when I was on my alts and we didnt have a priest.

In this expansion, for example the Vortex Pinnacle, when I run with a shadow priest, we don't need other types of CC at all. When you get to those big groups at the end with the grounding fields, he MC'd the adepts which have enormous heals. It was much easier than we expected the first time we tried it.

Quote Originally Posted by thrawn33 View Post
    imagine for a second that you had three warrior dps and a warrior tank in a dungeon....how the hell are you going to have any control with the warriors hamstrining+kiting thier mobs...and how do any of the mobs die in a timely fashion? there is no control and that is my point.
    m8 its not about that... CC just means CROWD CONTROL

but aoe stun, hamstrings, 1 kite a mob, other 2 play the taunt game
    plus you have plate dps...

kiting still means no dps done on the tank so its cc, because you control its actions/aggro etc

point i was making that CC is short for Crowd Controll, you cant give it your own swing what is and what not is cc
    its all cc

all as usefull as the other ? no

Blame PVP.

Warriors have "cc"
    - Interrupt casters, go def stance, and take minimal dmg from casts, interrupt next one or spell reflect
    - Hamstring, kite
    - Stuns/Offtank in Def Stance on weak mobs

Dk's have plenty of CC's
    - 2x Silences
    - 1x Interrupt
    - Heals on self (for weak trash)
    - Deathgrip/root slow away...

Generally you aren't going against all casters so anyone who says slowing is pointless, so stop crying...

Quote Originally Posted by chocho View Post
    ---------- Post added 2011-01-25 at 05:51 PM ----------

[/COLOR]

normally tank pulls back boss and one puppy, if u have hunter he can keep trapped one, i usually stay on hybernate duty the second one, everyone burns not cc puppy then boss. voila! and if u have 2 druids, and another cc u can easily keep the 3 puppies under cc. :P
    I agree 100%, but that's not the comp we had. You got 2 warriors and a DK.

Quote Originally Posted by 0smo View Post
    m8 its not about that... CC just means CROWD CONTROL

but aoe stun, hamstrings, 1 kite a mob, other 2 play the taunt game
    plus you have plate dps...
    plate dps means very little if you can't focus down a mob.....if you are running away from a mob constantly how do you dps it? you don't, unless you are a caster/hunter and that is not what i'm talking about. hamstring+kite is not cc because a warrior cannot dps a mob efficiently. everyone keeps saying that hamsting+kite are cc and maybe this is blizzards problem too is that they think "hey it works in pvp" that it will be viable here too. it isn't. consider my case with 3 warriors, there is not other cobination of dps that would be more screwed for cc in a heroic group. and noone wants to spend 3+hours in a heroic stance dancing and spell reflecting....you people are out of your mind.
    Last edited by thrawn33; 2011-01-25 at 06:00 PM.

kiting still means no dps done on the tank so its cc, because you control its actions/aggro etc
    i dont consider it cc because some mobs have huge hit box and still manage to daze the kiter and u has dead person. for the puppies is not that bad since they dont hit hard but ask the healer how is he feeling about healing a tank , feared dps that got close to the puppies and dazed , low health, MOAR fear, fire lol . i call harmstring + kite as helpfull strategies but not cc.

and yeah mad , lol sorry i forgot group comp the only thing i can say is maybe 2 tanks , 1 warrior dps lol or burn everything fast... ya 2 warriors is not gonna help much >.<

Quote Originally Posted by chocho View Post
    i dont consider it cc because some mobs have huge hit box and still manage to daze the kiter and u has dead person. for the puppies is not that bad since they dont hit hard but ask the healer how is he feeling about healing a tank , feared dps that got close to the puppies and dazed , low health, MOAR fear, fire lol . i call harmstring + kite as helpfull strategies but not cc.
    This is why you dont run with 2 warriors then. And a DK...and a paladin tank

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by h3lladvocate View Post
    Yea, which is why I think MC should be taken off that list too. "Priest MC that mob. Me: Uh, ok... *MC's* (WTF are these abilities? And why can't I use half of them? Oh look, MC's done and the mob is charging at me and I'm dead)"
    if you use it correctly then the mob dies and you just have to fade, also pulling 40k dps with mindcontrolled mobs is really sweet (the ones in TotT for example)

ot: a glyph for intimidating shout would be sweet, so you only fear 1 person for up to 1min ( kinda like the fear glyph for warlocks).
    pvp duration should obviously still be 8seconds

while i totally agree , LFG random hero system may not get the idea of it lol :P

Quote Originally Posted by Holyspartann View Post
    then you run into the problem of requeing.....yeah that will be fun as dps. i go in solo, que, my que pops after 40+ minutes, and i find there are two other warriors and pally healer and a warrior tank in the group....so??? leave que and wait another 40 minutes? when do you actually play the game?

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    If warriors did have a solid CC, theyd get nerfed elsewhere. Maybe lose their hamstring and get a polymorph, is that what u want ?

The problem isn't that you're a warrior, it's that the LFD gives you a warrior, DK and a warlock who refuses to use his succubus as DPS for heroics which you need some type of CC, maybe a remove curse or cure poison, and expects people to get through. I generally queue as a healer, with a tank, and usually we get 3 non CC dps standing around the front of an instance, skeletons everywhere.

We're geared enough to make it through, but if you don't overgear the content, you need to have the tools available. Not using them is one thing, but the LFD doesn't seem to care if you have the abilities, and it'll give you a heroic that you don't have the proper tools to finish.

When I'm putting a group together, if I already have a good melee DPS, I don't even consider another. I get two good ranged CC classes to finish out the group.

wouldn't be a bad start...i would trade poly for hamstring for pve.....maybe a specable talent?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mofi View Post
    if you use it correctly then the mob dies and you just have to fade, also pulling 40k dps with mindcontrolled mobs is really sweet (the ones in TotT for example)

ot: a glyph for intimidating shout would be sweet, so you only fear 1 person for up to 1min ( kinda like the fear glyph for warlocks).
    there's more than one way to use it correctly as I mentioned in my previous post. after being dedicated to MCing in the razuvious fight for a couple months even though the raid lost a healer for that fight every time, i know that it's not hard to use MC as CC especially if you're asking an SPriest to do it the risk of a "miss" vanishes completely.

There's the easymode way of just using it to make a pack of mobs kill an MC-susceptible target, and then there's using it actively. It's no more difficult than playing when rezzed as a Ghoul, except that you actually have to pay attention to the duration of the MC effect. It's not hard to make a focus macro to recast when you're about to lose it anyway, mages do it. The difference is that you have to manually break the effect first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 0smo View Post
    Funny,

i always thought that cc ment : CROW CONTROL
    so doing something to it to make it behave diffrent is control

but hej what do i know , apperently its taking out an enemy completely out of the equation.
    I rofl'd at crow control. :L

OT: DK Priest Druid Warrior. These classes have no proper CC. Roots to a degree for druid. but still..
    Thanks Batpanic for the amazing Sig!

Quote Originally Posted by mofi View Post
    I actually like the suggestion of changing (or a gylph change) Heroic Throw to be a Warrior's 30-45 sec stun. Make it opposite of Sap...can only be used in Combat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Simple answer? Because homogenization sucks. =P (is it writen correctly?)

Quote Originally Posted by h3lladvocate View Post
    Yea, which is why I think MC should be taken off that list too. "Priest MC that mob. Me: Uh, ok... *MC's* (WTF are these abilities? And why can't I use half of them? Oh look, MC's done and the mob is charging at me and I'm dead)"
    MC is fine, your examples are a L2P issue, IMO.

Deleted
    The problem is not that u have no cc, the problem is, every fucking trash/boss hits melee with shit and ranged not.