Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hraklea View Post
    Simple answer? Because homogenization sucks. =P (is it writen correctly?)
    yes but back to my original point, what sucks worse is getting booted after a 40+ minute wait because you have no CC.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talio View Post
    I rofl'd at crow control. :L

OT: DK Priest Druid Warrior. These classes have no proper CC. Roots to a degree for druid. but still..
    Priests can bind undead, Druids can cyclone and root, DKs can Chains of ice and AOE freeze and warriors can AOE fear. Or maybe what u meant is that every class should have polymorph and fear ?

Quote Originally Posted by InTeNsO View Post
    The problem is not that u have no cc, the problem is, every fucking trash/boss hits melee with shit and ranged not.
    but....if you could cc it....it wouldn't hit you? maybe my logic is off there, someone pls check it....

15+ Year Old Account
    MC is the best CC in the game at the moment. Honestly I have yet to find an MC target in any instance that didn't have some sort of ability I can use to burn down targets or otherwise help out. The Gilgoblins 40k aoe before the shaman in Throne of the Tides is pretty awesome. Borers in Blackrock Caverns have a channeled 8k per tick mindflay and a cc. Dick around, MC more things, have fun.

LOL. Yea pretty much

"I'm in a race with myself and I'm a couple of steps behind, but a few blocks ahead." -Vash

u still use cc?, just do the wotlk thing lol, been doing it for few weeks now =/

Quote Originally Posted by Mexa View Post
    Priests can bind undead, Druids can cyclone and root, DKs can Chains of ice and AOE freeze and warriors can AOE fear. Or maybe what u meant is that every class should have polymorph and fear ?
    EVERYONE STOP THINKING PVP. while shackle is nice for undead, we have already established that cyclone, chains of ice and aoe fear once in a blue moon is not propper cc. please keep up with the thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by annarion View Post
    MC is the best CC in the game at the moment. Honestly I have yet to find an MC target in any instance that didn't have some sort of ability I can use to burn down targets or otherwise help out. The Gilgoblins 40k aoe before the shaman in Throne of the Tides is pretty awesome. Borers in Blackrock Caverns have a channeled 8k per tick mindflay and a cc. Dick around, MC more things, have fun.
    And remember which mobs cannot be MC'd like many/most of the ones in Lost City- and share that knowledge with other priests.

Quote Originally Posted by RedDragon4275 View Post
    What the hell is up with people saying Cyclone is a CC? It's more of an interrupt than anything... Sorry, but CCs don't last for only 6 seconds. At least not in PvE.
    Ugh I hate that, people seem to think maybe it has a longer PvE duration? I don't know. If I'm having to use Cyclone in a dungeon (interrupting everyone else's dps on that mob as well) something's wrong. Hopefully your group will have at least one frequent interrupt instead of having to resort to this.
    And its range makes it even harder to use...

CC is sooooo last month, i haven't seen anything CC'ed in a heroic in a while now.

what the above guy said is truth, i've done nothing but lawl aoed heroics for a month now

10+ Year Old Account
    Cyclone only lasts 6 seconds. It's not very good for cc in an instance.

Also : To my fellow druids, please use hibernate instead of cyclone on the dragonkin in Grim Batol. If i have to explain to you more than once why you should, then you need to either open your spellbook and actually read what your spells do, or delete your toon (or both).

Sorry for the really big screamy letters, but this has happened the last 3 times I've ran it.
    Last edited by EviLolita; 2011-01-25 at 06:14 PM.

Warrior has throwdown/pummel/Imtimidating shout/Charge/Intercept, so basically l2play.

Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    Blame PVP.
    LMAO This. So much this.

Quote Originally Posted by Holyspartann View Post
    Warriors have "cc"
    - Interrupt casters, go def stance, and take minimal dmg from casts, interrupt next one or spell reflect.
    Have you been hit by a caster that is silenced? They are beasts. They hit harder than most of the other trash. I would LOVE to see a DPS warrior try this, god I would laugh SO hard!

Quote Originally Posted by rzy View Post
    Warrior has throwdown/pummel/Imtimidating shout/Charge/Intercept, so basically l2play.
    oh yeah, i forgot about those cause i don't know how to play.... the point was not about pvp, the point being made was about dungeons, not PVP....jesus....learn to read a thread before simply applying your generic "l2 play noob" comment somewhere in the middle.

Play nice... -Nye
    Last edited by Nyanmaru; 2011-01-25 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rzy View Post
    No, just no.

Throwdown - Only available to Arms warriors... few are Arms outside of PVP.
    Pummel - An interrupt. Although valuable it's not actually CC...
    Int. Shout - On a 2 min cooldown, yeah that's helpful.
    Charge/Intercept - Wut? You don't actually play a warrior do you? You just get raped by them in PVP?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDragon4275 View Post
    Please see the Bold Text. Roots is WAY to fragile... It seriously shouldn't be broken by its own damage. :/
    I actually think most druids would be happy if they removed the damage from Entangling Roots alltogether, making it a reliable CC. I don't have a lvl 85 druid or anything, but the damage roots does isn't very high to begin with I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Scunosi View Post
    Ugh I hate that, people seem to think maybe it has a longer PvE duration? I don't know. If I'm having to use Cyclone in a dungeon (interrupting everyone else's dps on that mob as well) something's wrong. Hopefully your group will have at least one frequent interrupt instead of having to resort to this.
    And its range makes it even harder to use...
    I'm not saying I would use it as an interrupt. That would be retarded. It has a base casting time of 1.7sec (So you'd basically have to be on top of it right away) and then it still makes them immune. I'm just saying that it would be more viable as an Interrupt than it would as a CC. In my Opinion, Cyclone is down right useless for PvE.

If they made Cyclone to be like a Warlocks Banish... That would be awesome and it would certainly be more viable then even Roots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    This is good, be a man about it.
    Have a cigar in your mouth and a shot of brandy in your hand and tell her to get out of the guild and get into a kitchen.
    Mists of Pandaria Beta Club ~World of Warcraft Annual Pass.

Crowd Control is the ability to affect a mob and not make it part of the crowd, ie Sheep, ice trap, root (retarded DPS do this to casters), fear in place, etc..

If the mob is still part of the group, or the CC can't be relied upon to perform the function it needs to, then it's not a CC that should be used.

As a healing Druid, I have used cyclone on many mobs to save me mana on heals and save a DPS, or when I'm boomkin I've done it to save the healer. Yeah it's a short CC, but it works...when the mob isn't immune that is.

I've always thought the most effective crowd control method was to focus fire the tanks target, you essentially control the crowd by not being retarded enough to get attacked, because of the only person the crowd is attacking is the tank and you're assisting in accomplishing that feat, you're helping in controlling the crowd. It makes the healers job easier, makes the tanks job easier, and groups run smoother....

Also, CC isn't everything...if shit hits the fan you have to know your class well enough to know what CD's you need to or should blow to keep your sorry ass alive if you pull aggro. If you pull aggro and can't help keep yourself alive, that's your bad. Don't get mad at the tank or healer for not covering your mistake of AoE'ing or DPS'ing a mob that the tank isn't targetting.

The other side is that DPS isn't everything, if you have to pull yourself out of the fight to make sure you don't die or that a mobs chain attack doesn't kill someone else, you should even if your DPS drops....a dead DPS does nothing, a smart DPS understands that finishing the fight is what's important and if the best way to do that is to not do DPS...well then....don't DPS.