Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Nothing'll happen.
    I will just be dead and have faded into nothing. But why should I care? I'm dead.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You know how people say, "it cant just be nothing" well of course it can. I've always thought that when we die we will 'experienced the same thing as we did before we were alive. You know .. nothing. There was a point in time where we didn't exist and that was before we were born. And we don't remember anything from then because there was nothing, same thing will happen wen we die, there will be nothing but it wont matter because we will not exist.

Deleted
    Ill stick to the Bleach theory, killing hollows and shooting beams and sheit.....ahhhh if only xD

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Son of Lothar View Post
    I might get in trouble for this but oh well.. I think its an interesting topic.

I guess I just try to think logically about this. I'm not religious, so I don't particularly believe in afterlife. However, I do find it interesting that scientists have a theory on multiverses. Multiverse is a theory that more than 1 universe (our known universe) exists. With that said... is it logical to think that if multiverse did exist, you would never truly die? You exist on multiple universes with different outcomes and different events.

Example: In this universe I am married with a son and will likely die of old age. However, lets say in a parallel universe I exist but I never get married, never have children, and die of a car accident.

This is all just theory obviously, its just fun to talk about.
    Parallel universes, as someone stated, has nothing to do with ideas of an afterlife.

I don't think anything happens at all. When you die, you die and you and what you are ends. Maybe there is some other form of being, but it has yet to be consistently proven, and there are as many ideas as there are humans.
    But the more ridiculous things are certainly Heaven and Hell. It's hillarious how shortsighted people are. Several thousand years ago our ancestors believed other things, and we will keep making new things up, it is the height of human arrogance that we think we have the ultimate answer in religions excisting now.

---------- Post added 2011-01-26 at 01:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Crazykeven View Post
    You know how people say, "it cant just be nothing" well of course it can. I've always thought that when we die we will 'experienced the same thing as we did before we were alive. You know .. nothing. There was a point in time where we didn't exist and that was before we were born. And we don't remember anything from then because there was nothing, same thing will happen wen we die, there will be nothing but it wont matter because we will not exist.
    Haha yeah exactly! Why wouldn't it be just nothing? There's nothing remarkable about our excistance, or the millions of people that lived before us. Human arrogance, "We are special and most important".

People should stop worrying about death, so that they can live life without regrets, fear and unhappiness. Accomplishing what you want in life, is the only thing there is, so that when you end, those that you leave behind will remember you for the things you did and the person you were.

On another note, there's a theory from a guy I can't remember the name of, about how to stop aging. That dying is an evolutionary process that can be prevented. All very interesting.
    Last edited by Noomz; 2011-01-26 at 12:39 PM.

Deleted
    I believe in God and that some people will be resurrected after death to live in paradise.

I've only recently started to take it seriously and have found that it's a massive burden lifted off my shoulders

Deleted
    The owners of knowledge know what will happen, and i didnt see anyone in this thread yet.

Edit: I saw one

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Lothar View Post
    Multiverse is a theory that more than 1 universe (our known universe) exists. With that said... is it logical to think that if multiverse did exist, you would never truly die? You exist on multiple universes with different outcomes and different events.
    Except it wouldn't be YOU. It would be your alterego.

As for what happens when I die: my body becomes a part of the circle of life. Flora and fauna can dine upon it just as I have dined upon them.

Deleted
    One of your friends uses Raise Ally for a laugh because that's all it's useful for, you spam claw a couple of times then get raped by an AoE because you don't get the damage reduction of a real pet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathcrab View Post
    One of your friends uses Raise Ally for a laugh because that's all it's useful for, you spam claw a couple of times then get raped by an AoE because you don't get the damage reduction of a real pet.
    Henceforth the conclusion, buff Raise Ally, so we can actually use it for something. As for now the best use for it is to mess with the person who stood in the fire.

OT:
    As much as i like to belive that you are "resett" and begin anew with a purged memory. I think that we end up dead, and nothing more.

Deleted
    You moan at the healer and corpse run

Though on topic i onestly dont no or want to think about it better just to ignore it and find out after (or not)

though and this is sadly true i want my gravestone to have some version of "was mearly a setback" on it

Quote Originally Posted by Hombo View Post
    If you claim to know that "No one knows." you are claiming that you know what every knows because if you know what they know you know that no one has the answer, therefore you are claiming you know the collective knowledge of the entire planet. Just because someone can't 'prove' how they know an answer it doesn't mean it is incorrect. To claim that not a single person knows the answer would require the proof to show that they are indeed wrong. Innocent until proven guilty, correct until proven otherwise.
    Experiements conducted where a cat was placed in a box and at a random time toxic chemicals could be sprayed inside to kill the cat. The only way to know whether the cat was alive or dead was the look inside the box. The scientist had to assume that the cat was both dead and alive at the same time. Though i will agree that someone claiming a 'fact' requires proof because the definition of a fact is that it can be proven. This does not stop someone knowing the answer. To say know one knows is to be ignorant, and unwilling to accept ideas. Possibly someone who shuns religion.

In simple terms. You're actually wrong (at least in your definition). Who even says there is THE answer. Not everyone lives the same lives why would death be any different? I don't claim i know what happens after death, but i'm not going to claim no person has come up with the answer. And for the billions of people who died before us, they know. I understand i'm nit picky about your wording.
    If you simply said no one has an answer that can be backed up by proof, i have no qualms. People used to think the world was flat, they weren't wrong till they were proven they were (think about it). Ensteins theory of relativity, For one person moving at the speed of light time is ticking same rate as it always was, for the person on earth it is to. Too bad 1month moving that speed you come back few years later relative to person on the earth (i'm not exactly sure how long).
    I understand your point Hombo, but despite its validity it still does not negate a few things.

"You're innocent until proven guilty" theory may work in court...but when it comes to science and hard facts, its not proven without math or evidence...and simply because someone says it is one way won't cut it...just like saying the world is flat. The only reason people didn't say otherwise was on the fear of being austracized and killed for heresy. Now you can disagree and say whatever you want in modern society and have much less fear of such things.

The billions of people that have lived on the planet, none of them have shown us the answer, and yes you are right, one of them could have learned...but they seem to be keeping their secrets, so to the rest of the world, We don't know.

The part where you say that someone may know the answer without having the proof, well that can very well be true, but you are forgetting the most important part of such a situation. The uncertainty, uncertainty is the cause for not knowing, it is the underlying reason for this particular idea. Scientific discovery, especially that of physics both of normal and the quantum state despite the fact they both can behave differently. Scientific data is based on exploring many possible outcomes to explain a situation to remove as much uncertainty as possible, and with minimal uncertainty you can scientifically believe and prove that the situation is whatever the outcome explains.

And that is just what answers to this question are, even mine...uncertain.

As for your opinions of my statements, unwilling to accept ideas, very untrue, this has been an idea that has been thought about a lot. Perhaps uncertainty principle is a new idea to you and seems only nonsense. But it is more than that, uncertainty is the foundation of exploration, because people want to be certain they want to know...and the idea of not knowing means wanting and trying to find out. If one way cannot explain it maybe another will. And right now...the answers provided are full of uncertainty, so again...No One Knows.

Religion is another store, I certainly do not shun it, but I am not under its influence, there is more to life in our time than simply listening and believing something only because someone tells you to, just as some one before had told them. That behaviour despite being what its having preserved and cultivated a society out of our inherantly feral and instinctual species that has allowed us to advance into our now scientific exploratory systems we now posses. I recognize its importance and what it has brought us from the past until now, but also I understand that there is more, a lot more and of that more, it can no longer be explained with the certainty science can provide.

So to reiterate my uncertainty principle applied to this, No One Knows, but to add for those that disagree, perhaps some one does...but they aren't sharing, maybe it is because they were uncertain?
    "I heard Shadowmourne procs naked ladies..."
    The rapture took my paladin - May 21, 2011
    In a recent online survey, 100% of the population uses the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Damson View Post
    You moan at the healer and corpse run

Though on topic i onestly dont no or want to think about it better just to ignore it and find out after (or not)

though and this is sadly true i want my gravestone to have some version of "was mearly a setback" on it
    My gravestone will have "Rez plz" engraved on it. jsut so i can make people "lol" after i am dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Notharam View Post
    My gravestone will have "Rez plz" engraved on it. jsut so i can make people "lol" after i am dead.
    ^This

Either that, or "Reincarnate on CD" :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Quote Originally Posted by grifty View Post
    If there is no continuing exsistence after we die, then it's all pointless and hopefully a meteor smashes this place to bits. There is far too much sadness outweighing the good on Earth.
    Lol so youi're only living this life in order to get to the "next life" faster?
    Why not suicide then , it makes for a faster trip O.o
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

When you die, you are dead.
    ~ The End ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Parynziux
    So, you are clearly the biggest nerf to your class. Hush.

Quote Originally Posted by Jartin View Post
    You get reborn without any knowledge from your prior life.
    That doesn't make sense. The only way for a reincarnation to be YOU is if you remember. Your idendity is what makes you. Not your physical appearence. If someone showed up on your doorstep looking completely like you, you would not believe he was you. He would be another person with another idendity based on another life, but looking the same. Like a twin.

But you will be gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaniia View Post
    People who died from natural causes, old age and such, wont rebirth somewhere else, because they could have avoided that accident, they could have been healthier and so on.

But people who got murdered, got their life ruined in someway will be rebirthed because some f*ckf*ce ruined their last last life so they couldn't enjoy their life all the way

( Im not saying I belivie in this, its just something ive been thinking about )
    erm??? So Tell how to avoid dying from old age? If you can answer that question you never have to work again i guess.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing. You just die and that's it.

Don't be selfish and make way for someone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallMeTarzan View Post
    That doesn't make sense. The only way for a reincarnation to be YOU is if you remember
    Personally, Getting reborn without any knowledge from my prior life works for me, since if thats how it works, atleast i know that i will continue to annoy people.

personal oppinion, don be hatin'

WoW players do not die. They become NPC.