Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Naevan View Post
    This game is freaking awesomeness to the fullest ! I've already pre-ordered it and got 3 months of gameplay just like HybridPanda(although he got 6 months )

I think it will actually attract numerous people from WoW.Of course the only thing that can beat wow is when the developers decide to quit it,since WoW has millions subscribers monthly,but I think Rift has high chances of becoming good ^^

The only thing I am afraid of is that due to the many MANY classes and speccs u can create it will be difficult to balance PvP-Wise.But if the developers dont slack like WoW(which does the same strategy for years(and the reason I quitted 1 week ago) to put classes from nerf to op then nerf them medium them nerf then again OP somebody else etc same story same shit) or NSoft (which didnt even care for Aion PvP) I think the game will be a success

Although I enjoy its PvE aspect too,I think I'll go for the PvP one and create a shadow ranger with stealth and assasin-like with a longbow

Pretty impressive thoughts considering the beta began at 1 and was down for almost an hour.

Rofl.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by robotwars View Post
    Pretty impressive thoughts considering the beta began at 1 and was down for almost an hour.

Rofl.
    Yes. This beta phase that began an hour ago. The previous did not have these issues. It's probably an intentional to test the server capacity.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by robotwars View Post

Rofl.
    Maybe the toughts were taken in the previous beta stages.....

15+ Year Old Account
    The first beta had these issues for almost the entire first beta weekend.

2-4 were okay, but 3 and 4 had a LOT of lag at some points.

5 is obviously going to be like #1 because they added like 2 bijillion people.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Deleted
    EU servers not working yet?

Just got DC on eu servers, game running very smoothly tho.
    Hi

Deleted
    I were just on and playing... The game is freakin amazing, i'm in love.Its so damn smooth... but unfortunaly i Dc'd 1 minute ago

Shards (AKA SERVERS) back up yo.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by xandamere View Post
    I'm baffled at how upset people are about being unable to log in to a beta...some of the major issues that get addressed in MMORPG betas are things like stress tests, login/authentication load tests, server capacities, etc. I want to try it too, but eesh. The point of betas is to get this stuff addressed before it goes live. I wouldn't extrapolate beta issues into worries about the game's stability when it goes live.
    Pretty much no game can get away with unreliable servers on live except for wow right now its funny

Deleted
    eu still down ?

Servers are under-going maintenance, applying an update I think.

Do you guys even read the Rift beta forums? Please do because they just brought the servers down 15 minutes ago for some MUCH NEEDED patching to the servers. I can't believe I'm replying to this, but seriously just go read Beta News forum on their site. Your launcher literally has the link right in front of your face if you actually read something instead of using MMO-Champ like yahoo answers.

Quote Originally Posted by kahlesh View Post
    same problem for me. Rift is bad, gogo wow, they never fail to let us log on when major stuff is released!
    lol good one!

If you're looking to recapture nostalgia.. It's not going to happen.

The servers were up 10 minutes ahead of time, but there is a connection bug they are trying to fix live...

Servers and clients have just been patched and servers are all being restarted now.

They are currently adding new shards. (realms)

every one has it!! that is stops at 49% and when you restart only 1 time to 89%

Deleted
    Beta.
    + There is a large waiting time if you get in anyway.
    + And afaik they had a server restart to apply a fix for something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by btlyger View Post
    Do you guys even read the Rift beta forums? Please do because they just brought the servers down 15 minutes ago for some MUCH NEEDED patching to the servers. I can't believe I'm replying to this, but seriously just go read Beta News forum on their site. Your launcher literally has the link right in front of your face if you actually read something instead of using MMO-Champ like yahoo answers.
    Calm down and don't be so rude, please. At the very beginning of the beta (and almost two hours after) there was nothing about a patch in the login screen, and also the forums where not working properly.

OP: Right now (21:28 GMT) it seems they almost ended with the restart process after patching the game. I'm logged in the server selection screen but still they are all locked.

EDIT: 21:29 GMT. Servers going up!
    Last edited by mmocd57210a7db; 2011-01-25 at 09:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahlesh View Post
    Same problem for me. Rift is bad, gogo wow, they never fail to let us log on when major stuff is released!
    Mate, sarcasm doesn't work well when typed

Crime does not pay ... as well as politics.
    Alfred E. Newman

Servers are coming back online now in EU