Thread: Hilarious

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by candyass View Post
    Only because Raiding had a profound effect on PvP gearing at different intervals of WoW. Especially trinkets. In fact a lot of them were carried by raid gear that gave them huge advantages in PvP.
    No, because the best PvErs devote a mass amount of time to learning the ins and outs of their classes...exactly what's needed to succeed in PvP. It has nothing to do with gear.

---------- Post added 2011-01-25 at 09:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Verenus View Post
    HAHAHAHAHA YOU FUCKING SERIOUS? fucking hell you just told me that the GM/HW grind was easier than entering a decent (read retarded, MC was ridiculously easy) pve guild and start raiding? fuck m8, stop being retarded and stop lying about being pre-bcer
    Considering the mass amount of farming needed to raid, the low amount of drops, and the high amount of people in a single raid...yes.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Drakoes View Post
    True, but it still sucks and it's a letdown nonetheless for most people. I personally think it shouldn't be delayed for this long, since 4.0.6 isn't really around the corner either and I can understand that PvE has to come first, but still... a promise should be a promise imo...
    i know, and i think they should open up the t2 weapon to people who have rediculously high rating. but this arguement goes back to using shadowmourne in arena. i you truly want to min/max your character in pvp, you have to be will to do pve content, and the same goes the other way, to a certain extent. like right now for some classes using the 4 set from the viscious gear is better then the blues until you can get epic pve gear. if people really want these top teir weapons, dont be afraid to go do the content to get them.

on a side note, i was super excited for cata pvp, but once they turned into an grindfest worse than pve, i gave up.

---------- Post added 2011-01-25 at 09:50 PM ----------

HAHAHAHAHA YOU FUCKING SERIOUS? fucking hell you just told me that the GM/HW grind was easier than entering a decent (read retarded, MC was ridiculously easy) pve guild and start raiding? fuck m8, stop being retarded and stop lying about being pre-bcer
    i had more pvp gear on my warlock than t1, and i was raiding before there were honor vendors. you gotta think in MC (which in blues was not as easy as it seemed, it didnt get easier til you knew the fights and had alittle gear) you had 40 people, and the bosses only dropped like 4-5 pieces or something. you get 5 pieces of gear NOW for a 25 man. gearing was way harder because there was less loot and more people.
    thank you for agreeing swizzle
    Last edited by BossManRoth; 2011-01-25 at 09:52 PM.

[Rothulivic] [Twitch] [Twitter] Signature by Serryn

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    No, because the best PvErs devote a mass amount of time to learning the ins and outs of their classes...exactly what's needed to succeed in PvP. It has nothing to do with gear.

Considering the mass amount of farming needed to raid, the low amount of drops, and the high amount of people in a single raid...yes.

No. Trinkets were god mode in Wotlk, and if you didn't raid to get them at the high lvls of Arena yhou were extremely disadvantaged vs them. It may apply to SOME hardcore raiders but definitely not all or even most. PvE is nothing like PvP. Its rotations and knowing fights. Knowing your class for PvE is different than PvP since efficiency isn't nearly as easy to do with a player reacting to you. You're not going to be able to sit there and min/max your rotations.

The only aspect of PvE raiding that i'd agree with you that carries over to being good at PvP is the serioiusness of which some people take this game, and if these people want to be good at PvP they probably will be. Taht said there are a ton of good raiders that are awful at PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by BossManRoth View Post
    on a side note, i was super excited for cata pvp, but once they turned into an grindfest worse than pve, i gave up.
    Lets not forget the domination of specific classes and their specs, along with the usual FOTM stuff that can bring in drama and stuff like that

Deleted

m8, first of all the grind was impossible without a good guild to back you up and doing constant full raid premades, and it took several hours a day for months to get HWL/GM... it was way easier to get MC down, belive me

Quote Originally Posted by candyass View Post
    clicking works fine in pve, in fact its a better minigame since the effort to point and click something makes up for the braindead redundancy of rotations.
    THink its time for a new sig!

m8, first of all the grind was impossible without a good guild to back you up and doing constant full raid premades, and it took several hours a day for months to get HWL/GM... it was way easier to get MC down, belive me
    not really impossible, you just couldnt let yourself fall behind. you're also ignoring the fact the HWL/GM was BETTER than t1.

i know, and i think they should open up the t2 weapon to people who have rediculously high rating. but this arguement goes back to using shadowmourne in arena. i you truly want to min/max your character in pvp, you have to be will to do pve content, and the same goes the other way, to a certain extent. like right now for some classes using the 4 set from the viscious gear is better then the blues until you can get epic pve gear. if people really want these top teir weapons, dont be afraid to go do the content to get them.

---------- Post added 2011-01-25 at 09:50 PM ----------

i had more pvp gear on my warlock than t1, and i was raiding before there were honor vendors
    thank you for agreeing swizzle
    Its not about being 'afraid', and never was. Its about divesting that much time and effort, along with coordinated play times to a guild and wasting away half your time in WoW beating the same bosses over and over again to gear everyone else in your raid out, ad nauseum. Challenge of new encounters comes around how much in relation to repeated encounters to gear everyone in your raid out?

Realityh is that 'dedication' required, as well as the drama, loot whoring, etc. isn't that entry lvl friendly, and/or has a ton of downsides that isn't exactly a perfect model for gearing. Well in the context of PvP fighting fairness or gaming fun.
    Last edited by candyass; 2011-01-25 at 09:59 PM.

I think it's stupid that we're not allowed to get t2 weapons by now. We're 12/12 atm and gonna start doing heroics now and we're a casual 3 raids a week guild....

Deleted
    not really impossible, you just couldnt let yourself fall behind. you're also ignoring the fact the HWL/GM was BETTER than t1.
    it was impossible if you didnt live in your parents basement without going to school/work... wait scratch that, you had to do that for some months even with a guild, you had to like be 2 ppl who had a schedule for sleeping if you didnt have a guild... and yeah it was better than T1

and worse that T2 that was shiteasy aswell :PpPpPpPpP

it was impossible if you didnt live in your parents basement without going to school/work... wait scratch that, you had to do that for some months even with a guild, you had to like be 2 ppl who had a schedule for sleeping if you didnt have a guild... and yeah it was better than T1

and worse that T2 that was shiteasy aswell :PpPpPpPpP
    i did it when i was 15.. mandatory school, well i got up to rank 9 doing that, almost rank 10, so i wasnt impossible

also it sounds like youre mad you didnt get to experience the joys that was BWL

Deleted
    i did it when i was 15.. mandatory school, well i got up to rank 9 doing that, almost rank 10, so i wasnt impossible

also it sounds like youre mad you didnt get to experience the joys that was BWL
    you seriously think r9 was even close to r14? :P lemme give you a quote here "■Only top .1% of players can have this rank " i did do a couple of bosses in bwl tywm, was decently fun, but not awesome, never been a pver

Deleted

Are you serious??? To get GM or Warlord...was FAR harder than any raid gear. I know drops sucked I played it. But in order to get GM or WL you had to be the TOP pvper of your server...several weeks in a row. Second was not good enough. TOP. And I kid you not I played a lot back then, I even played with the servers top honor farm team. The one where the BG leader would rage endlessly if you did not 5 cap AB etc. I mean 4 cap just wasn't good enough. You even had to make agreements with the other top pvpers to "take turns" to be the top. You HAD to PvP like 18 hours a day, WINNING constantly...Atleast thats how it was on my old server.

Raid gear was only based on luck, either you were lucky and it dropped or you were unlucky and it did not.

15+ Year Old Account
    Killing MC wasn't hard...getting gear from it was.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by StrawhatPirate View Post
    Are you serious??? To get GM or Warlord...was FAR harder than any raid gear. I know drops sucked I played it. But in order to get GM or WL you had to be the TOP pvper of your server...several weeks in a row. Second was not good enough. TOP. And I kid you not I played a lot back then, I even played with the servers top honor farm team. The one where the BG leader would rage endlessly if you did not 5 cap AB etc. I mean 4 cap just wasn't good enough. You even had to make agreements with the other top pvpers to "take turns" to be the top. You HAD to PvP like 18 hours a day, WINNING constantly...Atleast thats how it was on my old server.

Raid gear was only based on luck, either you were lucky and it dropped or you were unlucky and it did not.
    rank 12 for feet hands and legs, rank 13 for chest, head and shoulders, only had to be rank 14 for a week or two to get your weapons

---------- Post added 2011-01-25 at 10:17 PM ----------

you seriously think r9 was even close to r14? :P lemme give you a quote here "■Only top .1% of players can have this rank " i did do a couple of bosses in bwl tywm, was decently fun, but not awesome, never been a pver
    nice quotation with no citation. i understand it was a very exclusive rank, but not an impossible feat
    Last edited by BossManRoth; 2011-01-25 at 10:18 PM.

Deleted
    rank 11 for feet hands and legs, rank 12 for chest, head and shoulders, only had to be rank 14 for a week or two to get your weapons
    up everything by one rank exep for the weps and youve got it m8

and you say you got r9? http://www.wowwiki.com (/) Honor_system_(pre-2.0) theres something for you to read about how close you were to getting gear from pvp face it man, you were not even close to R12, even less to R13 or 14 :P

Deleted
    rank 12 for feet hands and legs, rank 13 for chest, head and shoulders, only had to be rank 14 for a week or two to get your weapons

nice quotation with no citation. i understand it was a very exclusive rank, but not an impossible feat
    Well you were talking of GM and WL gear so...

It was not impossible...but it was very damn close to it. Haha like someone mentioned lots of the top pvpers even took shifts playing the same char 24 hours a day to get GM/WL.

Deleted

quoted from wowwiki you mouthbreather, now stop trying to defend pve being hard and you actually being decent at this game

and yeah it wasnt impossible... BUT IT SURE AS FUCKING HELL WAS HARDER THAN BWL AND MC, WHICH WAS THE POINT!

fuckin hell arguing with pvers gets annoying sometimes...

the bumhurt pvprs in this thread make me happy in inappropriate places.

They don't want PvE people using PvP gear in raids..... there TRYING TO MAKE WELFARE EPIX (pvp gear) USELESS FOR PvE.

isn't that something A LOT OF PEOPLE HAVE COMPLAINED ABOUT FOR-F**KING-EVER?
    Till water is gone, Till shade is gone. Into the shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath. To spit in Sightblinders eye on the last day.

Quote Originally Posted by Nabuza View Post
    so you harp on pve for wanting easy weapons when apprently you want them for easy rating?
    I never said anything about pve players wanting pvp weapons. I don't care what they use or where they got it. I would welcome an exodus of pve kids going after t2 weapons with open arms. Would some of those people have skill? Absolutely. But far more would feed my mmr.
    Last edited by Sphincter; 2011-01-25 at 10:24 PM. Reason: spelling