Arathi Basin Perfection.

So I was in a 75-79 bracket AB game and we just missed this. The Horde scored 10 points.

I don't know whether I was more amazed that a random BG nearly accomplished this or that it nearly happened. I always thought that it was bordering on the impossible if the enemy team has at least 1 person with a brain.

But I was wondering if any of you guys had achieved it and how did you go about it?

If you do enough pugs you will get it soon enough. You will catch a group heavy with bots or that isnt full to strt and gets beat up so bad they cant leave their spawn point. Mix in the fact its not a lvl capped BG and you will fins ppl with a heavy gear advantage like tons of cata gear for the one you are in and just crush the other team.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I've had teams that achieved it several times.

A few of the times, we just facerolled them hard enough and rushed Farm while a few other people capped the other flags.

I think two other times the other team only had 6 people while we had our 15, which made it really easy to do it.

Deleted
    Did this in TBC on my main and during a rBG on my alt - nothing too special.

Yes in brackets below max level this happens often enough due to, as stated by Tyrven, some players can heavily outgear(twinks or similar) the opponents and just crush them completely so they can't even exit their spawn.

---------- Post added 2011-11-19 at 08:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bartuck View Post
    Did this in TBC on my main and during a rBG on my alt - nothing too special.
    My guild decided to get Resource Advantage in an RBG, because for many of us it was the last we needed for Master of Arathi Basin.
    Done it twice in RBG so far

10+ Year Old Account
    done this a few times in wrath with full premades trying to zerg farm and failing hard

I was actually asking about this yesterday; I didn't actually think the achievement was possible. xD; I don't PvP like, ever, but I'm going to have to get these achievements someday, so... yeah. When I saw it I was kinda stunned because I really didn't think it was possible at all.

Like others have said, it really only happens (usually) when the other team has botters/AFKers/isn't full, or when it's a nonlevel capped BG and you outlevel the other team.

It's one of those really stupid achievements that are less of an achievement and more of a "if you get lucky it'll happen".

Quote Originally Posted by Bartuck View Post
    Did this in TBC on my main
    You got an achievement in TBC? That's impressive.

You ask for more? Then come, traveler, to the Whispering Deep, where only the mad walk.
    Raid Idea: The Whispering Deep and Ny'alotha

Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    Umbra - you are a god.

Quote Originally Posted by Umbra View Post
    Haha didn't even think of that.
    Impressive indeed..

10+ Year Old Account
    I've found that occasionally, some team is stupid dumb and forgets to capture the stables/farm. And it seems like 75% of the time that happens, I'll get a perfect game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

Back in vanilla when i did bg's with a high warlord group we used to beat teams 2000-0 all the time :P

Unfortunately no achievement to show for it.

You could get this achievement in TBC. Patch 3.0 introduced achievements, but wasn't the start of wotlk.

Quote Originally Posted by Gendar View Post
    You could get this achievement in TBC. Patch 3.0 introduced achievements, but wasn't the start of wotlk.
    That would've been some perfect timing then, which would indeed qualify as impressive.

You ask for more? Then come, traveler, to the Whispering Deep, where only the mad walk.

Umbra - you are a god.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastid View Post
    Yes in brackets below max level this happens often enough due to, as stated by Tyrven, some players can heavily outgear(twinks or similar) the opponents and just crush them completely so they can't even exit their spawn.
    This, if you BG almost every level you have a high chance to achieve this before reaching 85. And even on lvl 85 it's very likely you will get it before you get the 50 defence or 100 wins achievement. For the resilient victory (overcome a 500 resource advantage) achievement you probably need a bit more luck.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbra View Post
    That would've been some perfect timing then, which would indeed qualify as impressive.
    How so?
    I think there was a 2-4weeks gap between achievements and wotlk if I recall correctly.

Got the achievement in wotlk. Its totally possible, but you really have to be playing against a group of players that are poorly geared/ don't know what they are doing. I've had tons of close games where the other team only managed to get 10 points recently. I think now a days, the easiest way to get a lot of the "hard" bg achievements, is doing it in a lower lvl bracket.
    We are warriors, born from the light
    An army for freedom, defenders of life
    Warriors, euphoria will rise
    Returning from darkness we bury all lies

Quote Originally Posted by Maples View Post
    This, if you BG almost every level you have a high chance to achieve this before reaching 85. And even on lvl 85 it's very likely you will get it before you get the 50 defence or 100 wins achievement. For the resilient victory (overcome a 500 resource advantage) achievement you probably need a bit more luck.
    That one is actually not that hard to do with a partial premade. That was all I had to do for the longest time, and I got in November of last year. Basically we went in to AB with a group of 5 players and just told the rest of the team that we would handle BS and farm and that we were going for the achievement and not to worry. Then we just let the rest of the random bg players play like normal. We would basically let the alliance cap BS and Farm and then just control them while capped and waited for the deficit to get high enough then capped both and it was enough. Took a few games though to get the right amount of poor/good players outside of our team. (first game I think the rest of our team capped the other three anyway). Basically if you can get the 500 down early enough in the game you can control 3 after that and still win.

The win by 10 one was easier actually, we just held BS uncapped almost the whole game and just capped it when it was time. That took a few tries to get the timing right but was generally easier to do because the rest of the team will somehow naturally hold 2-2 the rest of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixzy View Post
    How so?
    I think there was a 2-4weeks gap between achievements and wotlk if I recall correctly.
    The point is that of the few people who I'm sure got the achievement between TBC and WotLK, the odds are, that one of them didnt happen to wander into this thread that quickly. It's possible, sure, but statistically, very low chance. The chances more strongly lean towards another internet hero who makes things up on the fly to sound more impressive than they really are.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixzy View Post
    How so?
    Finding out there was an achievement for this
    Getting together a group that was capable of doing this
    Finding enemies that are weak enough to fall for this

Managing to do that in "2-4 weeks" would be impressive, seeing as most people won't get it in their lifetime.

Umbra - you are a god.