70-80 With Mining??

Hi Ive been hearing about people who leveled from 80-85 with just gathering and I was wondering.
    Would it be viable to level my pally alt just mining in Northrend?
    I can make money from the mats, but is this gonna take me weeks. Hows the xp?

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't say it'd be viable, but it is certainly possible. Still, you have to watch out if you do it, as you won't get any good gear upgrades.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

I wouldn't do it. Those herbs don't really sell for much anymore at least on my server.

Deleted
    Takes about 60% of what you'd need questing with an epic flying mount and you get an okay amount of cash at the end. The main problem is selling the huge amount of mats you're gonna get. I'm talking a maxed out bank with literally all slots taken+ another 2-3 chars used as bank alts. Imagine selling all of that :/
    But otherwise, it's absolutely viable.

Off topic: Lvled my sham 80-85 with herb and mining and I dont reccomend it. At 85 he still had epics and couldnt stand a chance against 85 mobs

farm saronite.
    smelt saronite.
    25g a stack.
    more than quest rewards (you won't get gear, but you can deck yourself with boa gear and do just fine)

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    farm saronite.
    smelt saronite.
    25g a stack.
    more than quest rewards (you won't get gear, but you can deck yourself with boa gear and do just fine)
    Hmm I forgot that the smelted bars vendor for so much. I am a bit worried of going to Hyjal/Vash with no gear, but I can do randoms while I farm. Thank you all for the input.

Quote Originally Posted by hyysteria View Post
    Hmm I forgot that the smelted bars vendor for so much. I am a bit worried of going to Hyjal/Vash with no gear, but I can do randoms while I farm. Thank you all for the input.
    tbh this is the plan i have for my paladin^^ (currently at 75). in wotlk i managed to get the chopper this way.

You can, but the gear is the biggest issue. Not too much of an issue, but a small one. I leveled my DK to 85 using herb/mining and my paladin using archeology, spent a little gold getting basic BoEs from AH/BS then went back and did quests at 85. More gold that way. 70-80 will take a while, and you will be horribly geared, but with the occasional random/buying gear you shouldn't be too bad off.

10+ Year Old Account
    People are not understanding that, although currently the prices may seem low, with every patch some of these mat prices spike and sell for a good amount. Take for instance the new profession recipes coming out in 4.06 and the mats required to make them.

Deleted
    I've leveled my druid from level 67 like 2-3 weeks ago. Professions on him are mining and herbalism. I learned mining when i started leveling him, meaning from level one ores and so. What i've came to realize is that i managed to progress very quickly through the profession to level 300. Then i went to outland and i was stunned how rare mining nodes was. I needed like several hours mining fel iron in Hellfire in order to level up for adamantite. Then i went to Nagrand which, as i remember it, was full of adamantite ore by the time of BC. Same deal there... so few nodes u couldn't imagine. Then i went to Borean Tundra in hope i'll get my mining faster. Same deal there... fewer and fewer nodes to mine. Saronite in Sholazar is the same. My herbalism profession was long maxed out when i started grinding specially for leveling my mining profession. Experience is good... especially if u're rested, but imo its nowhere near of what u might call efficient. And one other thing. It is common now to see rich veins. They cannot be mined when your profession level is low - it kinda sucks.

Thats my 2 cents anyways. I might've been very unlucky and mined with several hundred other miners but i doubt that.

If you dont mind spending hours upon hours mining nodes, then by all means. You might as well pick up Herbalism along the way b/c imo its the best profession to partner up with mining, with herbs and veins near each other all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    its like killing mobs from 70-80 without doing any quests... but with a slow spawnrate :b

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    i did 80-82 on my dk the first "buggy Obsidium" day in Mount Hyjal, took me about 5 hours of /played for 2 levels but with an instant respawn

but it's viable for saronite if the exp rate is good and it's a low pop server (no bots)

Nah from 70-80 you should mine and herb while you quest. You'll pound thru the content and still get yer upgrades.