Deleted

Council problems...

Hi all!

At start, I'm sorry for my english. But to the point.

Yesterday we (as guild) tried on Council. We have good tanks and healers, but DPS is hell-of-a-sh1t. I have a question: does, due to phases, switching targets, avoiding tornados/groundings, water pools and lava seeds in 3rd phase, DPS can do less damage than tanks? Our recount at end was something like that:
    1.Hunter - survival - 17k
    2.Druid - boomkin - 16k
    3.Paladin - retri - 9k
    4.Druid - tank - 8k
    5.Warrior - tank - 8k
    6.Priest - shadow - 6k
    7.Paladin - retri - 5k (died in 2nd phase)

We wiped when boss had 1,1kk HP, and it was our best try :/

We hadn't problems with DPS in earlier bosses, so I'm asking is it normal on this encounter to do less DPS than usual?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. A big thing on the fight, especially with low dps is to make sure to dps them evenly so you go into phase three with the lowest health on the monstrosity as possible.

Just practice, as the mechanics become more reactive dps should go up a bit.

Deleted
    We burned all bosses pretty equal. Their HP was like: 24/24/25/32(yes, this one is bad). But it still gives us (24+24+25+32)/4 = 26,25% avarage HP of last boss.

your meele should be on
    Ignacious (fire boss) - due to Feludius Glaciate ability
    Terrastra (earth boss) - due to Arion Disperse (blinking)

If it was not done, and you ret was dpsing Arion, then no wonder he suffered huge dps loss.

Note that second phase bosses have less HP and this phase is all about survivability. My guild usually ends up with more then 40% on Arion, when Terrastra goes down to borderline 28-29%. Then our meele switch to Airon, they don't do much due to blinking ability of that boss, but we push to get 25% on both bosses in the end.

They should probably do better. Our shadow priest is at about 16k dps and deathknight at about 15k dps on council. 6k is too low , and that is why you wipe.
    Never tell your problems to anyone...20% don't care and the other 80% are glad you have them.

Deleted
    So replace every DPS under tank, keep melee on Ignacious and Terrastra, and it should be ok?

Thank you, we will try this today/tommorow.

I mean if anyone dies on this fight especially, phase 3 will overwhelm your raid. Anything below 10 or 12k in current raid content is going to be too low and cause problems.

Last phase dps is where it's all at. I pull 20k on argaloth as a frost DK, and yet can pull as little as 13.5k on council because of RNG. Last phase I'll generally pull a shit ton, and that's where it matters. Last week I got 4 out of 6 or 7 lightning rods (not sure how many it actually is) and because of that was constantly off on the side/grabbing my buff which = terrible dps.

What I would do, is get a damage mod that tracks and can relay exactly how much damage people do to 1 mob e.g. Elementium Monstrosity. This is really all the dps that matters. I'm not aware of an enrage timer on the fight (the soft enrage is more than enough).

Deleted
    You can't really compare dps like this. Only dps that matters is the p3 dps, as the last 2 phases is all about dmg'ing bosses down at the same time (meaning stop attacking!) and not dying. If it's any help try to get 25/25/25/25 and blow heroism at around 10-15% health on boss, so the healers also benefit from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozendekay View Post

What I would do, is get a damage mod that tracks and can relay exactly how much damage people do to 1 mob e.g. Elementium Monstrosity. This is really all the dps that matters. I'm not aware of an enrage timer on the fight (the soft enrage is more than enough).
    this^

you can do shiet dps through the fight but if you can burst in p3 you are golden, as p1 and p2 are walk in the park, only p3 gets dangerous and after some time passes no amount of healing will save you so you got to be quick in p3.

make sure you kite the boss in the way that maximizes dps for your ranged (they shouldn't run too much), and save EVERY SINGLE cooldown for p3

also if you don't get arion and terestra to 25% it's not that bad as they have considerably less hp than ignacious and feludius so focus on getting them as close as possible (but don't neglect second set anywya)