Poll: Major Content patch for 4.2.0. YOU choose!

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightamethyst View Post
    Yeah. It's not like Blizz to leave a big thread just hanging like that. It's almost certain we'll see Ozumat again. Throne of Tides was merely a setback and all that.
    The 4.1 patch has a new Abyssal Depths 5 man, so I'd guess that this is where Blizzard is going to continue that story

http://www.wowpedia.org/4.1

"Patch 4.1.0 will be the first major patch for the Cataclysm expansion. It will feature brand new Firelands raid, the home realm of Ragnaros and a new Abyssal Maw dungeon that will feature the continuation of Vashj'ir storyline. Another will be the reclaiming of Mount Hyjal."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    I definitely wish they would get away from this idea of pigeon holing themselves into developing content within the concept of a geographical location. My hope is that after Cata they will take a more organic approach to development.

Clearly, the Burning Legion is not gone I would love to see a new 5 man attached to Hellfire Citadel that helps players catch up with the Fel Horde since the fall of Megathidon.

It would nice to see a 5 man or raid that deals with how the Alliance and Horde are dealing with Valkyrion now that the Val'kyr (at least some of them) serve Sylvansas . I imagine the Alliance would like to destroy it and the Horde would want to protect it.

As someone pointed out Zul'Drak is still begging from some kind of closure.

The list could do on. I’m not saying the new development can’t be largely attached to a single theme within a single zone just that Outland does not have to totally be a dead world just because BC is over as an Xpac.
    Perhaps they will! The Northrend trolls driven insane by power re-summon / resurrect Hakkar in Zul'Drak temple! Ushering this old god back into the world, throwing another Troll raid into the mix and a nice diversion from the Twilights Hammer summoning every other sucker into the Mix.

This could work quite nicely with an Emerald Dream Patch, where we go in, discover the true cause of the nightmare, find out its N'Zoth, Banish him from the dream and then pew pew him in a later xpac / patch.

Gief Karazhan crypts, screw the age rating, make wow a 15 / 18+ game as a minimum this may potentially improve the quality of some servers and reduce trolling.
    Last edited by mmoc96f96c6ff8; 2011-01-27 at 01:29 PM.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    An Uldum or Deepholme raid would be awesome

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bas View Post
    An Uldum or Deepholme raid would be awesome
    you already have 3(!!!) 5-man instances and one raid instance in Uldum... Do you really want more? Also Deepholm lose seems to be pretty much complete...

10+ Year Old Account
    War of the Ancients seems somewhat likely. They did announce it will happen anyway, and I don't see it coming in the final patch. Considering how big in content War of the Ancients raid needs to be, it's also pretty unlikely to be in a "minor" content patch, like Ruby Sanctum was.

What is everyone's obsession with the Emerald Dream anyway?

Being the lore nerd that I am: I voted for Emerald Dream, but Wrath of the Ancients would also be very cool. With all the choices, I doubt Blizzard could go wrong.

I want another CoT instance

It'll most likely be CoT:WotA if it isn't released along with the Firelands. I say that because remember WotLK content was released one raid at a time but Ulduar had fourteen bosses and Icecrown Citadel had twelve. Firelands only supposedly has seven and CoT:WotA may well only have five or six. They could easily be released together. If that's the case let me add my own speculation as to a major content patch (whether or not it is 4.2.0 remains to be seen).

After the devastating loss of Erunak Stonespeaker we find ourselves mounting an assault in conjunction with the Earthen Ring and Brann Bronzebeard (the elemental planes are after all titan relics) on the bulwark of a third wing of the Abyssal Maw to rescue Neptulon. It is revealed that he was taken prisoner by Ozumat to this new zone where in 4.2.0 it is revealed as the next raid tier.

Within this stronghold we find a strange concoction of present factions -- Twilight's Hammer, the naga, countless water elementals and various faceless ones. As we progress through this once beautiful palace our first objective is to kill the enforcer of the naga about Vashji'r: NAMEDMALENAGA#6. This is an arbitrary name I don't really know what they would call him.

It is only after he falls you make your way down a platform leading to three separate wings. To the north we find Ozumat. What, you didn't think he had 24 million health in a heroic for no reason did you? The corridor leading to the southwest contains Duke Hydraxis. The old quest giver has now turned against you and you must battle him to the death. Featuring an all new model to boot! These two drop the keys Brann needs to open the final wing.

Finally we are allowed access to the last of the three wings to the southeast. Curiously there is a greater concentration of faceless ones to be had. These watchers are placed about the keep to make sure the deep dark rituals taking place are not disturbed. Fending them off we find a large general of the faceless, General Zoidberg. Behind him is Neptulon locked in ritual bindings. There are several faceless magi channeling a spell into him. This is where things get interesting. If players are able to best Zoidberg in combat they'll find that they are too late to stop the ritual and must now transition directly into a fight with Neptulon who is now being mind controlled by some dark power. WHAT A TWIST.

The mission having failed and three of the four elemental lords being dead in the middle of the three wings appears a staircase because that's what Brann has been tinkering with all this time and we need more bosses. Down, down, down we go until we're left with another foyer leading to the supreme command of the naga: Queen Azshara and her high advisors. The factions clash once more. Upon the adventurers being victorious for progression's sake we're left with one final encounter.

The entirety of the elemental plane shakes voraciously. The last vestigies of a once grand palace being tore down our heroes black out and wake up in a slimy dungeon that looks similar to the inside of Iso'rath. Having seen this before, the shaman on the Earthen Ring know exactly where to go. Fighting through a gauntlet of faceless ones we encounter N'Zoth, The Dreamer of the Black Forrest.

For a recap here's the boss list:
    NAMEDNAGAMALE#6
    Ozumat
    Duke Hydraxis
    General Zoidberg/Neptulon
    Queen Azshara and her High Council
    N'Zoth

Fight encounters and mechanics are left at Blizzard's discretion. I do not have the time at the moment to theorycraft such complex confrontations.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glazenbohr View Post
    It'll most likely be CoT:WotA if it isn't released along with the Firelands. I say that because remember WotLK content was released one raid at a time but Ulduar had fourteen bosses and Icecrown Citadel had twelve. Firelands only supposedly has seven and CoT:WotA may well only have five or six. They could easily be released together. If that's the case let me add my own speculation as to a major content patch (whether or not it is 4.2.0 remains to be seen).

After the devastating loss of Erunak Stonespeaker we find ourselves mounting an assault in conjunction with the Earthen Ring and Brann Bronzebeard (the elemental planes are after all titan relics) on the bulwark of a third wing of the Abyssal Maw to rescue Neptulon. It is revealed that he was taken prisoner by Ozumat to this new zone where in 4.2.0 it is revealed as the next raid tier.

Within this stronghold we find a strange concoction of present factions -- Twilight's Hammer, the naga, countless water elementals and various faceless ones. As we progress through this once beautiful palace our first objective is to kill the enforcer of the naga about Vashji'r: NAMEDMALENAGA#6. This is an arbitrary name I don't really know what they would call him.

It is only after he falls you make your way down a platform leading to three separate wings. To the north we find Ozumat. What, you didn't think he had 24 million health in a heroic for no reason did you? The corridor leading to the southwest contains Duke Hydraxis. The old quest giver has now turned against you and you must battle him to the death. Featuring an all new model to boot! These two drop the keys Brann needs to open the final wing.

Finally we are allowed access to the last of the three wings to the southeast. Curiously there is a greater concentration of faceless ones to be had. These watchers are placed about the keep to make sure the deep dark rituals taking place are not disturbed. Fending them off we find a large general of the faceless, General Zoidberg. Behind him is Neptulon locked in ritual bindings. There are several faceless magi channeling a spell into him. This is where things get interesting. If players are able to best Zoidberg in combat they'll find that they are too late to stop the ritual and must now transition directly into a fight with Neptulon who is now being mind controlled by some dark power. WHAT A TWIST.

The mission having failed and three of the four elemental lords being dead in the middle of the three wings appears a staircase because that's what Brann has been tinkering with all this time and we need more bosses. Down, down, down we go until we're left with another foyer leading to the supreme command of the naga: Queen Azshara and her high advisors. The factions clash once more. Upon the adventurers being victorious for progression's sake we're left with one final encounter.

The entirety of the elemental plane shakes voraciously. The last vestigies of a once grand palace being tore down our heroes black out and wake up in a slimy dungeon that looks similar to the inside of Iso'rath. Having seen this before, the shaman on the Earthen Ring know exactly where to go. Fighting through a gauntlet of faceless ones we encounter N'Zoth, The Dreamer of the Black Forrest.

For a recap here's the boss list:
    NAMEDNAGAMALE#6
    Ozumat
    Duke Hydraxis
    General Zoidberg/Neptulon
    Queen Azshara and her High Council
    N'Zoth

Fight encounters and mechanics are left at Blizzard's discretion. I do not have the time at the moment to theorycraft such complex confrontations.
    I like this idea, very interesting. I do think potentially we will deal with Azshara in the next patch as blizz have pretty much dropped a big hint there will be a new raid in Vashj'ir however I doubt we will take care of N'Zoth this soon, he would probably be the tier before deathwing or on the same tier.

Besides, isnt N'Zoth supposed to be in another sunken city of the coast of Kalimdoor? I think I read this somewhere however I could of potentially dreamt it :-)

N'Zoth was originally located near Nazjatar if I recall. However, it may very well be that Deathwing's escape from Deepholm caused irrevocable damage to his prison. Furthermore the elemental planes became shifted out of their abyss and can now be reached by mortals. I suspect it is possible that he may have slithered his way into the Abyssal Maw or another location about Vashj'ir.

It's just that I don't have any clue where they could squeeze in such an important raid. So far it is only known that the Abyssal Maw will contain another five man dungeon released later in the expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glazenbohr View Post
    N'Zoth was originally located near Nazjatar if I recall. However, it may very well be that Deathwing's escape from Deepholm caused irrevocable damage to his prison. Furthermore the elemental planes became shifted out of their abyss and can now be reached by mortals. I suspect it is possible that he may have slithered his way into the Abyssal Maw or another location about Vashj'ir.

It's just that I don't have any clue where they could squeeze in such an important raid. So far it is only known that the Abyssal Maw will contain another five man dungeon released later in the expansion.
    I will refer you to my original post that we may encounter him in the emerald dream / nightmare. Perhaps only to banish him for the time being to fight him in a later xpac

---------- Post added 2011-01-28 at 03:13 PM ----------

and so we see:

http://www.wowwiki.com/War_of_the_Ancients