Deleted

Faction Bind on account items

I was just wondering what is the point in the new rules for the cata faction bind on account, you cant use them unless you are revered. In wrath aslong as u could buy it on 1 char then u can send it to another char and use it no questions asked. But now you have to get your rep up to use them on that char, it's pointless on making it BoA think blizz need to make a change.

Deleted
    What? You haven't actually tried using them, have you?

Of course you don't need the guild rep to use them, that would be ridiculous

It's weird, and it seems to be unintended. Someone claimed it worked correctly on the PTR but I haven't bothered to check myself, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Abb View Post

So I'm curious, did you read his post and just get it totally wrong or did you just read the title and decide to take a wild stab in the dark?

Wut?

OP: Yeah it feels like it's a bug, because it's rather pointless. I'm hoping they fix it soon because I enjoy rep grinds on 1 toon, but not all my toons. Rep isn't hard now I know, but it's still not the most enjoyable thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfador View Post
    So I'm curious, did you read his post and just get it totally wrong or did you just read the title and decide to take a wild stab in the dark?
    lolowned.

I was under the impression this would be changed, pretty pointless that they're BoA right now.

Deleted
    If I understood his post right, he says the new heirlooms you can buy aren't useable until you hit guild faction revered?

Thats bullshit, I've bought the cloak and used it on two brand new characters, both in a completely different guild with no reputation whatsoever.

EDIT: Or are we on about the head/shoulder enchants from the top-end factions?

Wasn't this how it was in Wotlk? They require rep at the start, and then got changed later on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey wait what? You say that if you send to a alt, it req Revered to use/activate it?

If yes, I dont understand, since I use it on my 70 warlock, and is only a bit over 50% neutral, and it works just fine :b
    Making your GIF Avatar to 20kb is hard. Especially when the original is 504kb

Deleted
    Pro tip to the OP: Sense. Make it.

Nevertheless, i assume hes talking about the BOA head enchants. ANd yes, the fact that you cant use them unless revered when sent to an alt is a bug.

EDIT: Or are we on about the head/shoulder enchants from the top-end factions?
    Yes, that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sym View Post
    Wasn't this how it was in Wotlk? They require rep at the start, and then got changed later on.
    I think that was more of a design change halfway through the xpac. They didn't think of that till later when people started rolling through with alts. I may be wrong though, not sure.

I was under the assumption that they would/should be BoA with no rep requirements to use, only to purchase.
    Last edited by rofltroll; 2011-01-26 at 03:46 PM.

Considering this has already been confirmed as a bug and they have said that it will be fixed in the next patch, I am going to go out on a limb and guess it's a bug.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Deleted
    What i ment was the head enchant from hyjal rep for casters i bought it on a char with full exalted rep for a just lvl 85 and it wouldnt go on the helm cause i wasnt revered on my lock as i said pointless try it

Quote Originally Posted by darkhallow View Post
    What i ment was the head enchant from hyjal rep for casters i bought it on a char with full exalted rep for a just lvl 85 and it wouldnt go on the helm cause i wasnt revered on my lock as i said pointless try it
    Known bug. Going to be fixed.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Sym View Post
    Nope. At the start of WotLK, the enchants were BoP. Once they became BoA, any of your characters could use them, assuming you had a character with high enough rep to actually purchase it first.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah if it wasnt a bug they either wouldnt be boa or wouldnt require rep. Its quite pointless to have them as boa and require rep since there would be no reason to send it to an alt if they could just buy it themself.