Deleted

Help with Arcane Mage

Hi guys,

I am currently pushing out around 11k - 12k dps in heroics, got my rotation down to a tee etc

Was hoping that someone could take a look at my Mage and point me towards any re-forging / re-gemming that may help me increase this (Ignore the lack of chest enchant as I am planning on replacing this very soon and dont see the point in wasting gold)

As I can't post links, my character name is Frosteh and he is on Shattered Halls EU.

Thanks in advance!

Arcane doesn't last in a raid environment, you run out of mana way to fast. Even during your conserve phase, you can't output enough dps to compete. Fire is the best dps spec right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    As Cadet noted, Arcane is not currently a viable spec unfortunately. I would strongly encourage you to take a look at fire as the primary dps spec for this part of cata. They may tweak the numbers and improve arcane down the road but its simply not viable now (unless you happen to get the Shard of Woe from Sinestra).

Deleted
    Thanks for the response, but I didn't ask about fire.

I asked for advice on my equipment. I am well aware that Fire/Frost are the better raiding specs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitecom View Post
    Thanks for the response, but I didn't ask about fire.

I asked for advice on my equipment. I am well aware that Fire/Frost are the better raiding specs.
    There's not much room for improvement, is their point. Arcane relies on maximizing mastery, so as long as you're at 17% hit the rest of your points should be going there. Gem for Int or Int/Hit or Int/Mastery and use the +Int +Mana meta. 11-12k is very respectable for Arcane for any fight over 5 mins, so hats off to you for that. At this point in the expansion, you're gonna need to look into other specs to get into the 15k range, sorry to say.
    I am the Zen master. I am the calm, quiet little center of the universe.
    Valhallä - Jaedenar US