Thread: SSC Solo

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

SSC Solo

Alright, so my last solo thread was on Kael in TK, but the gear requirements are out of reach for awhile on that one, at least for me, the casual player who can only get in pug raids since my work/class schedule is too chaotic to raid regularly.

Anyway, my project for now is going to be SSC. I was just wondering if any of you had attempted this yet. Hydross seems easy enough once I get the adds figured out. Lurker might be a bit more difficult since I can't group the adds together, but also doable. Leothoras and on is where I'm curious. Any tips, tricks, etc. that you guys have would be nice. Also if anyone has youtube videos, the only ones I can find involve glitching or abusing fight/environment mechanics in a way that I'm not interested in copying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Damntastic View Post
    wotlk champs wants to run through instances like fucking mario

Lurker, Leo, and The Sea-Giant-Guy are all easily soloable. Lurker seemed to require demonology and Leo needed a bit of kiting to avoid insane stacks of the magic debuff.

Vashj definitely can't be soloed and I'm guessing the 4-man council fight isn't either. I was unable to deal with Hydross in the few attempts I have him, but it seemed doable. The main problem with him is that all his attacks are elemental and not physical.

Deleted
    Once you have lurker down, Hydross is a piece of cake.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxiQbMsEFh0

(Not my video)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarwiseman View Post
    Once you have lurker down, Hydross is a piece of cake.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxiQbMsEFh0

(Not my video)
    Pfft.... There was a 70 warlock that solo'd Hydross. ( in BC )

I think the real trouble will be Vashj, since you'll struggle to throw the cores.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectrez View Post
    All that running about is tiresome, especially on my little gnome legs!

@OP: What have you managed to solo so far? I'm trying to go through as much as i can but haven't had a lot of time lately. Working on mount hyjal atm
    Last edited by mmoca9a2a9c31c; 2011-01-27 at 12:04 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Vash can't be solo'd due to the cores. But that's fine, its mechanically impossible, tho i wonder if portal works.

R.I.P. YARG

I don't think portal by itself would get you far enough, but a combination of portal + http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/60854/loot-a-rang/ should get you far enough if portal works.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluck View Post
    I don't think portal by itself would get you far enough, but a combination of portal + http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/60854/loot-a-rang/ should get you far enough if portal works.
    That would be epic. Please some lock solo Vashj

15+ Year Old Account
    omg i wish i was engineering >< DAMN YOU ENCHANTING FOR BEING SO EXPENSIVE

R.I.P. YARG

15+ Year Old Account
    Fathom-Lord Karathress would be impossible due to:

Cataclysmic Bolt: Targets random mana user, deals 50% of target's max HP in shadow damage (increased by The Beast Within), a brief knockdown and a stun. Resistible binary spell. 6 second cooldown. Targets only players with mana bars.

I'm thinking the best course of action is to lvl a DK to 85 for Karathress and save both chars to the same raid lol. Might make Hydross/Leo easier too :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectrez View Post
    That kiting method was nerfed into oblivion I believe 2 days after the video of that lock came out. I've tried it before using the method the 70 lock used. He just resets.

The stars sweep chill currents that make men shiver in the dark...

15+ Year Old Account
    You could probably do Karathress as Demonology with a voidwalker and Void Star Talisman and simply burn the boss. His adds are ~72 and will NEVER hit your pet or you for substantial damage, so you only have to live through Cataclysmic Bolt every now and then (once every ~10 seconds if i remember correctly, which i probably dont)
    Last edited by gherkin; 2011-01-27 at 06:50 PM.

R.I.P. YARG

I've been working on some Affliction solo because frankly I HATE Demo.

I should probably get a Void Star Talisman for my Voidwalker. Solarian is an easy solo, so's Al'ar.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gherkin View Post
    You could probably do Karathress as Demonology with a voidwalker and Void Star Talisman and simply burn the boss. His adds are ~72 and will NEVER hit your pet or you for substantial damage, so you only have to live through Cataclysmic Bolt every now and then (once every ~10 seconds if i remember correctly, which i probably dont)
    problem is he enrages if you simply burn him below 50% with adds up, which I think increases the bolt damage. Also 50% of your hp with each bolt is pretty painful as it's 50% of max, not current. Perhaps you're right though, I'm not too sure how effective drain life and siphon (if affli) is as not leveled my lock to 85 yet)

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathcrab View Post
    That would be epic. Please some lock solo Vashj
    I just tried this for you.

It's possible to looterang the corpse and then teleport to the beacon. However, I fear that soloing Vashj is not very feasible in the first place. Alone, you will eventually be overwhelmed....even one Strider up is a royal pain in the ass, and pets will easily despawn themselves due to the size of the room and movement required. It seems to me that there's no way you have enough global cooldowns to execute ALL the requirements of the encounter by yourself, especially while you or your pet are being chain-feared. (I was afflic, I'm not sure that demo will fare any better, but I'll give it a shot in a bit)

EDIT: Tried demo. It's still way too much for me to manage. If I focus on any one aspect of P2, I lose control of all others.

If anyone dares to take Vashj on alone and succeeds, I commend them for having superior multitasking capacity (and APM).
    Last edited by Arrowspace; 2011-01-27 at 10:27 PM.

The 50% of your health feature should be able to heal through, its every 10 seconds and if you seperate fathom lord from his adds you can burn them down quickly enough. If I remember right they have about 800k hp and if you use the same method of damaging that you do on the Magtheridon adds the healing shouldnt be an issue. Abusing shadow ward and sacrifice on CD and the talisman combined with 2p t5 should allow your pet to take a blow every once in awhile from cataclysmic bolt (anyone else here think that ability was a foreshadow? even if it was like 4 years ago...). Once the adds are dead the fathom lord himself isn't an issue, I'm pretty sure I melee harder than he does and healing ~60k hp in 12 seconds is doable if you use your cooldowns wisely.

---------- Post added 2011-01-27 at 02:04 PM ----------

Hell now that I think about it you can prly do it w/o burning adds simply because the enrage (300% damage increase) brings his melee up to about cataclysm trash level. Just keep corruption up for the added SL healing and this fight should be possible
    Last edited by ynkesfan2003; 2011-01-27 at 08:05 PM.

I tried to 2 man Vahsj and we couldn't do it. We didn't spend hours or anything but after a few pulls it was quite obvious that we werent going about it correctly or it just wasn't possible.

The problem with vashj isn't dealing with the cores, is that even 2 people are hard pressed to deal with elementals+striders+guardians; with only a solo lock it gets absurd to deal with it.