Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Addons for rogues.

Hey gents and gals of the rogue forum. I was just curious what are some great addons to track our debuffs on targets, such as rupture and the like, and our buffs, such as slice and dice, envenom. Also an addon that is good for tracking combo points, and energy levels.

Deleted
    class timer is pretty nice. shows debuffs and buffs, you can move them arround and customize them. Powerauras is also nice.
    altho im playing without addons now. i can see everything perfect on the default^^

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can see everything just fine on stock ui, I would just like to customize it a bit more, and have everything a bit more centralized.

a good addon specifically for monitoring rogue timers is SliceAdmiral. It will keep track of CPs, SnD, Recuperate, Envenom, etc...

10+ Year Old Account
    Rogue Power Bars, IceHUD and Nug Combo bar are the 3 "essential" add-ons I use with my rogue. They let me see my health/energy (IceHUD), my buffs and debuffs on the target, SnD duration, Deadly poison stacks and how long till they drop, rupture time, garrote time (Rogue Power Bars) and nug combo bars is for putting combo points in a location closer to the middle of the screen, but can be placed anywhere.

---------- Post added 2011-01-26 at 06:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by supercharger View Post
    a good addon specifically for monitoring rogue timers is SliceAdmiral. It will keep track of CPs, SnD, Recuperate, Envenom, etc...
    Personally I don't like using SliceAdmiral, but hey, that's me. If you don't like the addon, don't use it and find one that works for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokoz View Post
    Me: "Ok if its a healer/dps go for healer then dps! Alright?"
    Partner: "What if its a Paladin combo?"
    Me: "Then just leave..."

if you're looking for highly customizable stuff (which means a lot of work setting shit up) here's a list of some of the addons I use:

Combo Points Redux
    Power Auras
    Rogue Power Bars
    Forte Xorcist
    Docs Nameplates
    Deadened
    Debuff Filter
    Shadowed Unit Frames
    icdbars
    Bartender4

I like RoguePowerBars and Comergy with Shadowed Unit Frames.

Deleted
    I used Power Auras to control almost everything on my rogue:

- centralised combo point power bar: traffic light rectangles of red (1cp), orange, yellow, light green, traffic light green (5cp).
    - character centered Slice and Dice uptime ring (with timer).
    - character centered Rupture uptime ring (with timer).
    - character centered Recuperate uptime ring (with timer).
    - character centered Deadly Poison stack counter just above the uptime rings (for 5cp, 5dp Envenoms as Mut).
    - off-center black background SnD, Recuperate buffs (left), Rupture, Expose Armor and Deadly Poison debuff (right) icons, all with timers for all except Deadly Poison which shows stacks, so that regardless of how the environment changed (white-outs, blinding sunshine, water or reflected surfaces), I could still see the state of my uptimes which basically represents my dps.
    - centered-ish 35% enemy target health marker for Backstabs.
    - also some utility ones (centered jagged flares) such as whether I have the correct poisons per spec and per activity, i.e. pve vs pvp.

If I couldn't do all of the above with Power Auras, I would have dropped it in a heartbeat. I did try Slice Commander and Rogue Power Bars before Power Auras, but there was always something missing - always.

The only combat related aspects I didn't use Power Auras for where:

- energy bar: EnergyWatch Reborn
    - spell timer: CoolLine + Doom Cooldown Pulse (perfect combo on any class and far more lightweight and trivial to setup compared to ForteXorcist and others)
    - buffing: Satrina Buff Frame (for off-center horizontal buff bars like Elkano, large top-centered debuff icons, and off-center dispellable enemy buff frame for Shiv).

The rest are all macros.

The great thing about this type of simple but powerful setup is how easy it is to replicate, even if I lose my settings and ever return to the game many patches later. All the Power Auras can be exported to text strings, and the rest are very few, simple, specific and well-coded addons to cover everything I need. All macros are stored by Blizzard and I can copy into text files of my own. Leaving only a few (simple and/or very popular well-coded addons, such as SBF). This also helps to reduce lag from addons considerably.

At the end of the day, it is more important to understand WHY you want a user interface to be what it is (since this can change a lot) and the addons for it. You'll only end up having to do this sooner or later. Best to get the tools to let you do that asap.
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2011-01-27 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heky View Post
    class timer is pretty nice. shows debuffs and buffs, you can move them arround and customize them. Powerauras is also nice.
    altho im playing without addons now. i can see everything perfect on the default^^
    Thinks this http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...-anything.aspx is the addon you are looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    I used Power Auras to control almost everything on my rogue:
    That sounds awesome, could you be persuaded to post a screenshot of your UI?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sanderke View Post
    That sounds awesome, could you be persuaded to post a screenshot of your UI?
    Sure:

I put up as many things on the screen as I described as possible. Obviously, the dialog boxes for Satrina Buff Frame (top left), Power Auras (bottom left) and Doom Cooldown Pulse (center right) wouldn't appear normally. Nor would the huge example lists of buffs, debuffs and dispellable target buffs. It's just to show you as much as possible without trying to find a perfect fight that has all these things in it. The screen would otherwise be very clean indeed.
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2011-01-27 at 03:32 PM.

Deleted
    http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ls/tricks.aspx - annuonces tott, says when ur tott'd etc. Also announces the use of ur cloak of shadows, pretty handy in some fights. Will also announce interupts.

Slice admiral is nice for tracking all ur dots n buffs, envenom buff etc. It has a nice energy bar, and cp tracker (tho i prefer to use powa auras for combo points, and a sound announcer for 5 cps)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    I used Power Auras to control almost everything on my rogue
    I greatly dislike using auras for longer buffs like SnD and Rupture. I find auras are only really good for procs where the question is binary: did this ability proc? y/n. But when you have to refresh something that graphic is only really telling you you have the buff, it's not really helping you know when you need to refresh or even how much time is left. So you end up just watching the number and the graphic isn't really doing anything other than looking cool.

I use NeedToKnow for my bars (SnD, Rupture, Evenom, etc.) and WeakAuras for a 35% or less health indicator.

And ccCombopoints...the most badass cbp mod ever...for my cbp frame.
    Last edited by Lemons; 2011-01-27 at 07:37 PM.

I just use:
    * Phanx (chat mod, gets rid of the bulbous ugly yellow buttons on built-in chat window)
    * Move Anything (does exactly what it sounds like it does)
    * KG Panels (lets you put graphic objects or solid colors on the screen)
    * Bagnon (when you open your bags, it's one huge inventory, same for bank)
    * Bartender (gives you total control over action bars)
    * Basicminimap (just what it sounds like, a minimalist minimap with zero clunky buttons, total control via right and left clicking)

I made an opaque black rectangle that covers the lower 15% of my screen. In the middle of it, stacked three high, are my action bars. To the left is my chat bar. To the right is the mini-map. In the gap between my bars and my map, when I hover over, I can make the minimenu and bag icons appear. I used Move Anything to move the player and target unit frames to the center/bottom of the screen, just above my black rectangle area and just below my character. My buffs and debuffs are flush with the top right of the screen (since the minimap is now on the black rectangle, in the lower right).

80+% of the screen is completely wide open with no HUD elements over it all, it's just the game. It's SO much easier for me to play the game this way, with the HUD info I need in the center/bottom area and the rest of the screen is pure game.

I don't actually need any tracking addon's (auras, etc.) because I can see everything by simply slightly glancing down from my character (literally an inch down). So, it's all there. And the whole thing uses very very little memory, so it's almost zero hit on fps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemons View Post
    I greatly dislike using auras for longer buffs like SnD and Rupture. I find auras are only really good for procs where the question is binary: did this ability proc? y/n. But when you have to refresh something that graphic is only really telling you you have the buff, it's not really helping you know when you need to refresh or even how much time is left. So you end up just watching the number and the graphic isn't really doing anything other than looking cool.

I use NeedToKnow for my bars (SnD, Rupture, Evenom, etc.) and WeakAuras for a 35% or less health indicator.

And ccCombopoints...the most badass cbp mod ever...for my cbp frame.
    I can understand your perspective about using auras for procs. However, regarding refreshing, I think the aura method for these short combat uptimes is easier to track than bars (don't forget I have shown timers on every uptime in the same color as the aura - see screenshot above). Personal preference I guess. Try both, if you haven't.

Power Auras is not absolutely perfect. It cannot easily be used for ICDs (though it is possible) nor for animation durations longer than 30s. It could be used for ToT, but since you're casting it on someone else its not directly related to your combat concerns (for example you could use it for the initial 6s uptime, but the rest relates to a third party). Note that NeedToKnow is better than even Satrina Buff Frame and most general buffing addons, in this respect, because it can track buffs/debuffs/cooldowns/abilities with bars against multiple and different targets all in one frame/"group".

However, that isn't to say you cannot use both. In fact, for example, I use NeedToKnow on my Hunter, particularly to track hidden ICDs of trinkets. So, if I ever were to use my rogue seriously, I would do the same and also to track Tricks of the Trade on my focus target and the one longer duration timer (more than 30s) which rogues have: Expose Armor.
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2011-01-27 at 08:28 PM.

Deleted
    Icehud and Rogue Power Bars

Icehud shows my own and targets health, energy and cast and combo points in the middle. Like: \\\ ..... ///

And RPB under icehud for buffs/debuffs

Also having Satrina Buff Frames showing huge debuff icons on self right next to icehud.

so:

Code:
    :\\\.....///
     ---    ---
    lol

I use ElfBuffBars or ForteXorcist for my timers. They both do the same job really, showing me bars in the middle of the screen, one column for self buffs, one for target debuffs.

I love this addon pack: http://www.youtube.com/redirect?q=ht...I1NTUxNA%3D%3D

A video with it functioning is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRsDRkltR5k

I don't think it includes add-ons like dbm, omen and atlas loot.
    A really usefull addon is Poisoner which could be found here: http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...poisoner.aspx\
    Left click is mh, righ click is oh, and your mouse wheel clicked is thrown.

http://i.imgur.com/WUGJK.jpg

Here's what I currently play with. NeedToKnow for the bars in the middle (easy to set up, looks great), Dominos for the bars and Shadowed UnitFrames for energy/health/combopoints etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Phocket View Post
    Rogue Power Bars, IceHUD and Nug Combo bar are the 3 "essential" add-ons I use with my rogue. They let me see my health/energy (IceHUD), my buffs and debuffs on the target, SnD duration, Deadly poison stacks and how long till they drop, rupture time, garrote time (Rogue Power Bars) and nug combo bars is for putting combo points in a location closer to the middle of the screen, but can be placed anywhere.
    To each their own on the UI front - the important thing is that you find something that presents the info you need to know in whatever way helps you play better - but I just wanted to point out that IceHUD will do all of that. Most of it is actually ready right out of the box, but you will need to create custom counters / bars for some of it. IceHUD is super-configurable - you can make it do pretty much anything. One add-on to rule them all .