Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

10 Player Setup

Hey Guys,

i've only a few questions about your opinion.
    Our currently setup is:

Tank: Warrior/Drod
    DPS: WL / Rogue / Ele / Mage / Shadow
    Heal: HPala / HPala / Priest

I play one of the HPaladins, and I have to say - IT SUCKS - because we share one Itempool, all the time.
    We're both not greedy, but its not the best part to dissenchant Leather Loot, and share Heal Plate Loot.
    So i've offered my raid to play my old WotLK Resto Drood again, but most of them say i should stay at
    my Holypala.

Ok there is the part with the items I get until now, but we stay at 11/12 and its not that hard to get
    items. Last night we tried a couple of Halfus HC Trys, and in my mind its not the best setup to heal this
    encounter ;/

So whats your opinion, should I stay HPaladin or try to switch to my Druid?

thx

/ please be friendly, english is not my native language /

Right now it seems like druids are way behind paladins. While the gear issue probably sucks, you still get pts at least. I've only gotten one item from raids and I'm 8/12. In the end you should switch just for that reason if you like your toon.

our holy pally is equally geared as our resto druid and holy priest, and we are progressing on Nef and its silly how much of a stronger healer his class is, and his mana efficiency is insane. When we go to p2, he has 4 people to heal while the others have 3, and they rarely die in p2 and he exits the platform with 80%+ mana, the priest and druid are normally tapped on mana and their people are lower in health or red lined.

There is a reason most progression guilds run hpallies heavily. In time i think the rest of the healers will come in line with them but no other class gets 2 free instant heals that can hit for 30k+
    Last edited by Efften; 2011-01-26 at 07:39 PM.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Ideal 10 man raid setup.

Hi All,

I have searched through the forums for threads on this but they all seem a bit outdated. My guild is currently struggling to recruit for 10 mans, purely because we have been out of the game for a while and have only recently come back. We aren't entirely sure on the best 10 man raid setup for starting out, as we are still in the process of gearing up through Heroic runs.

So far we have:

Tanks
    Pally
    Druid - DK - Warrior - I have all 3, just unsure as to what works best with the Pally.

DPS
    Surv Hunter
    Lock
    Mage

Healers
    Pally
    Shaman (Who is me, I am dropping so that I can Tank on one of the above.)

As you can see we have quite a few issues with what we should be looking for.

I am trying to work out what the best fit to go with the Tank pally is, as my mate is saying Druid.

No idea on DPS, assuming a mage kitty druid and rogue are needed.

Holy Priest to complement the Pally in the heals department?

My reason for ditching the SHaman is that I have played it since BC and other than a few alts have never really played anything else. I am quite happy to play the druid, warrior or DK as I find all of them enjoyable.
    Spewbucket - 80 Human Warrior
    Gothpuncher - 85 Resto Shammy - Retired
    Wahmbulance - 33 Gnome Priest

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Efften View Post
    our holy pally is equally geared as our resto druid and holy priest, and we are progressing on Nef and its silly how much of a stronger healer his class is, and his mana efficiency is insane. When we go to p2, he has 4 people to heal while the others have 3, and they rarely die in p2 and he exits the platform with 80%+ mana, the priest and druid are normally tapped on mana and their people are lower in health or red lined.

There is a reason most progression guilds run hpallies heavily. In time i think the rest of the healers will come in line with them but no other class gets 2 free instant heals that can hit for 30k+
    If your Resto Druid has problems with the 2nd phase of Nef, he actually heals wrong. With reduced mana cost on rejuv druids are viable healers now. And the most mana efficient too.

Well, if you want to reroll, just do it. It's not like druids would suck. They just needed a buff. Well, here it is. But you should take your time to choose. I mean...rerolling 3 times won't make your raid happy, I guess.

And for Efften: Tell your druid he should pop ToL in P2 and Stack LB on everyone. Afterwards he should just roll it with nourish or HT, whichever is needed. No mana issues at all.

In b4 4 hunters + 1 Uh DK

get some melee dps

mut rogue
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

10+ Year Old Account
    Pally + DK is areally nice comp atm.

For ranged, I'd say Surv hunter, Demo lock, Boomkin
    Mut rogue+ Fury warrior for melee.

Probably a resto shaman (If he/she dosen't complain and is decent), a Hpally, and a Hpriest.
    Hydrogen the Undying
    Ry, Hellscream's Downfall
    Economics, Champion of Ulduar
    Dissonance - We raid mornings and stuff. Dissonanceguild.com (US 186, US #3 morning guild)
    Twitter: Ry_walk. Economics Major

We've had no trouble doing normal modes with this comp:

Tanks:
    Warrior
    Pally

Healers:
    Druid - tanks
    Priest - raid
    Shammy - raid

DPS:
    Warrior
    Pally
    Hunter
    Warlock
    Mage

From what I can see, there is a lot of wiggle room, at least until we hit hardmodes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Merging these topics as they are very similar.

Also adding this to the Useful threads Sticky. Please use it to discuss 10m raid comps. All topics will be merged here.
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2011-01-27 at 01:10 AM.

Deleted
    Our current setup is:

Dk tank
    Pally tank

- Feral druid
    - Combat rogue
    - Frost dk
    - warlock
    - Survival hunter

-Disc priest
    - resto shaman
    - Resto druid

I think you need a good balance between single and multi target dps or else you might get in trouble on fights like Maloriak/magmaw

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe the lowest loot competition you can establish makes for the best kind of raid setup.

ie: don't have two plate DPS or plate tanks, take a rogue/shammy or a bear(respectivly)

That said, I would suggest:
    Tanks:
    Pally(double great if they've got healy OS)
    Bear

Heals:
    Tree(great if they've got tank OS)
    Priest
    Shammy(when you need 3)

DPS:
    Shammy(preferably with the heal Off so you can trade 'em back and forth depending on the fight)
    DK, preferably one with both frost and uholy specs depending on the fight.
    Lock
    Mage
    *pick*
    *pick*

Depending on the comp and the fight, the last two spots are up in the air. Generally I'd advise a caster and another melee. Fights with one melee DPS are a bit rough, see: Magmaw's chains. Rogues are good and I'd suggest a hunter to fill out the class comp.
    Last edited by Sunseeker; 2011-01-27 at 01:11 AM.

If your serious about 10 man.. take a frost DK, really.. just do it.

Deleted
    If you want it buff wise you should take this.
    This way you got every raid buff in your 10man:

Tanks: Prot Paladin + Feral Druid
    Healers: Resto Shaman + Holy Priest + Holy Paladin
    Melee: Frost DK + Ret Paladin
    Ranged: Surv Hunter + Fire Mage + Balance Druid

There is none. .. However it depends on.. The best setup is worthless when e.g.: the chosen Fire Mage is unable to move or simply is doing around 5k dps. I am kidding? No, seriously.

Any 10 man combination could work, everybody just has to know how to play their class to their best ability. i can't wait til 4.0.6 to see how managable healing with a paladin is.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahstrasza View Post
    Any 10 man combination could work, everybody just has to know how to play their class to their best ability. i can't wait til 4.0.6 to see how managable healing with a paladin is.
    even a melee heavy raid setup? say, 3 melee?

10+ Year Old Account
    We've been running with a slightly different setup each week and haven't really worked on progression a lot, but as of now we use:

Tanks
    -Warrior
    -Druid

Healers
    -Pally
    -Priest
    -Shaman

DPS
    -Mut Rogue
    -Warlock
    -Fire Mage
    -Enhance Shaman
    -Varies between Arcane Mage, Warlock usually

It's pretty close to ideal as far as buffs go.
    I once had a character named "Clamslam" but Blizzard deemed it inappropriate.
    Retired from WoW: February 19, 2011. It was fun Blizz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gLock View Post
    Hey Guys,

i've only a few questions about your opinion.
    Our currently setup is:

Tank: Warrior/Drod
    DPS: WL / Rogue / Ele / Mage / Shadow
    Heal: HPala / HPala / Priest

I play one of the HPaladins, and I have to say - IT SUCKS - because we share one Itempool, all the time.
    We're both not greedy, but its not the best part to dissenchant Leather Loot, and share Heal Plate Loot.
    So i've offered my raid to play my old WotLK Resto Drood again, but most of them say i should stay at
    my Holypala.

Ok there is the part with the items I get until now, but we stay at 11/12 and its not that hard to get
    items. Last night we tried a couple of Halfus HC Trys, and in my mind its not the best setup to heal this
    encounter ;/

So whats your opinion, should I stay HPaladin or try to switch to my Druid?

thx

/ please be friendly, english is not my native language /
    Honestly druids are the best tank healers/healers right now imho. My druid is 4/12 H 25man so I dont know many 10 man settups but I recomend going on your druid. You will gear MUCH faster, and be a much better healer. ^_^