Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cho'Gall 10 is way easier with just 2 healers.
    Thats why they 2 heal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Téuntjûh View Post
    Thats why they 2 heal
    I wouldn't say it's way easier, because it's still relatively hard, but it certainly isn't all that harder. When my guild proposed trying with to Healers, I went like: "Oh, fuck no, there's no fucking way that will ever work out. It's hard enough to heal already.". But we tried it, and it wasn't that harder. The extra dps helps a ton, and everyone is more on their toes, since there is no safety net anymore.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Post logs. It lets us understand why you're going OoM instead of leaving us to guess if you or someone else is screwing up here or there.

Quote Originally Posted by Téuntjûh View Post
    Thats why they 2 heal
    Easier on the DPS not easier on the healers lol...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Easier on the DPS not easier on the healers lol...
    Like I said, it's not that much harder to heal with two healers. It's perfectly doable with two healers. My mana management became better when we switched from 3 to 2, probably some psychological effect, but still, it went better.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Ynna View Post
    Like I said, it's not that much harder to heal with two healers. It's perfectly doable with two healers. My mana management became better when we switched from 3 to 2, probably some psychological effect, but still, it went better.
    There's too many variables to make this not true all the time such as skill of the raid, gear of the raid and the RNG factors of who gets MCed

2 healable do-able? Definitely
    3 Healing easier and less likely to wipe due to RNG factors? Definitely

It's basically like this... 2 healing it and wiping because healers run oom and you feel your raiders are competent and doing their job right? Add a healer. Are you 3 healing it and wiping because you are running into an enrage timer or healers always have too much mana and are bored? 2 Heal it. In a 10 man environment I always found it's a good idea to have 1 person who is main DPS speced and a good healing off spec for such situations, if running with no additional people on a raiding roster.

Just my 2cp
    Last edited by zenkai; 2011-01-27 at 04:41 PM.

Damage is pretty mild and extremely manageable until phase 2, which is a DPS burn anyways. The faster he dies, the less healing you have to worry about until people get unhealable and kill him anyways.

As said before, 2-healing involves people in your raid not playing dumb, but it's not that much harder.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

I love all the people complaining they are 2 healing this. If you read they are downing this boss but just require a druid to be present... Heck congrats to them for being able to 2 heal it. Shows they are avoiding tons of dmg and that the healers are good at what they do. They are just pushing themselves
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

Quote Originally Posted by Lecktor View Post
    Why are you 2-healing one of the harder fights of the tier?
    Because he's under-tuned in normal. He's not one of the harder fights to tank, or heal. It's just a DPS check and not a particularly hard one at that. His hard-mode is hard, yes, but his normal mode is actually easier than Council. He is harder in 10 than 25 by quite a bit, but not enough to really required 3 healers.

We have a dedicated 10 alt group that 2 heals most of T11, but they do it with Resto Shaman + Priest and do have Replenishment sources and Innervates to use. Doing it with Paladin/Priest would be harder. It should be possible though as long as your group manages corruption well and tanks swap properly.

Having a dps to dispel the blood corruption dot in p2 will help loads for mana efficiency. Depending on how people are at minimizing the corruption gain sometimes the dots will appear quite spread out (1-2 at a time) and mass dispel wont be very effective.

I can definitely say it's doable with 2 healers on 10-man provided the other healer can more or less handle the tanks by himself, which a Pally ought to be able to do. Hell, in 25-man I can handle the raid damage almost by myself up until P2, provided the raid isn't being stupid and taking unnecessary damage, and I've easily handled it by myself in 10-man along with helping on tank heals.

Without a log, it sounds to me like the Holy Priest is just using inefficient heals, since based on your info, he certainly has the gear for it. The thing is, if people don't build up their blood stacks, don't stand in stuff and don't get hit by adds, he has plenty of time to top people off and should be able to focus on his most efficient heals. So, either he's panicking and unnecessarily using inefficient heals, or the raid is being dumb and taking excessive damage, or some combination of the two. I'd advise looking through the logs and seeing if you can determine which of those two is the likely culprit.

Well at first I thought 2 healing was a stupid idea, but you guys have convinced me. I'm gonna have my guild try 2 healing this next week. We have always 3 healed with no problem, but I'm all for a faster kill.

15+ Year Old Account
    I 2-heal this with a Paladin.

I've done it with a very skilled, very geared Paladin and with someone who picked up 354 Paladin and started healing for the first time that day.

Do it with 2 healers. Watch your mana. Do not spam heavy spells when Heal will work.

Because it works? We 2 heal it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehdi View Post
    Our Holy Priest is iLevel 357 equipped. 3/33/5
    Based off those numbers his spec could do with a bit of tweaking. I'm going to assume his 3 points in disc are spent in Twin Disciplines. If he's having serious mana issues then he could try moving 1 point from the holy tree and 2 points in Darkness from the shadow tree into Mental Agility for the reduce mana cost. I doubt he will sourly miss the 2% haste.

Something along the lines of this: http://www.wowhead.com/talent#bchZfhrrRzrkckoob could be suitable.

Also make sure he's glyphed correctly and is using lightwell and PEOPLE ARE ACUTALLY CLICKING ON IT.

EDIT: Oh and make sure he's using Inner Will for additional mana cost reduction on his instants. :P
    Last edited by mmoc230b92349f; 2011-01-28 at 12:52 AM.

Deleted
    we 2-healed it last week on our first kill (pally+me (holy priest)). Mana was (of cause) an issue, but we both didn't run oom.

Your priest should:
    use Shadowfiend + Hymn of hope at the same time
    use Potion of Concentration (restoring 22000 Mana over 10 sec) (warn the other healer before drinking!)
    use the yellow chakra (there's not much raiddamage until phase 2)
    yell "Click on teh Lightwell"

Well we did Cho'Gall tonight on 25m and I found no issues with my mana what so ever... I am currently uploading the video from it to youtube right now and when finished I will post the link. But what really helped was a resto shaman to use her tide every CD and a good raid not getting hit by avoidable dmg to help us healers save mana... Here is the Log from the kill http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rvwbv...?s=5940&e=6501 Really in P1 there isnt a ton of dmg going around... there is some but its fairly spread out... but again, alot comes down to your raid members avoiding the Shadow Crashes and the Fire pools and not to get hit with adds...

10+ Year Old Account
    Cho'gall Orders the Shadow to come to his aid. Adds a shadow damage AoE that hits everyone in the room to Cho'gall's melee attacks.
    Don't panic when he does this. Do not, and I repeat, do not spam all your costy AoE heals/cooldowns for this. It will only tick like 3 times, and you have lots of time to heal everyone back up with.. Heal/Efficient heals.

Wut

We 2 shot cho'gal first time ever seeing him
    Hi Sephurik

If 2 healing is too hard on healers, but 3 healing you don't make the enrage, imo just bring a disc priest as a third "healer" that just spams smite the entire fight