Thread: [TV] The Office

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

The Office (US & UK) and why it's awesome.

I'm a huge fan of The Office. Mostly the US version but I have enjoyed a few UK episodes. I think one of the many things that makes this show so great is the casting.. it's not some series that went out of there way to hire models with moderate acting abilities. Instead they have great actors who actually look like your average person on the street.

Plus everyone likes shows which make the work place look fun, It makes me feel like going to work might not be so bad everyday.

Re: The Office (US & UK) and why it's awesome.

Yup I second that.

I have been a little disappointed in the later seasons. They haven't had the same feel as the first 3 or so season had. Maybe it is because Jim and Pam rarely play hilarious jokes on Dwight anymore. Still though it is a good show but I want to see some more stuff in Jello dammit!

Deleted

Ricky Gervais is a God in my eyes, The Office is one of my favourite tv shows ever, never really gotten into the US version though, seen a few episodes that are very funny, maybe i should take the time to watch them :P

Not everyday you see a thread about someone liking the Office so i'm quite pleased to see a thread related to this haha!

I love both versions. It's funny how Michael and David have the same personality, buy act different at the same time.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Delusional
    Ricky Gervais is a God in my eyes, The Office is one of my favourite tv shows ever, never really gotten into the US version though, seen a few episodes that are very funny, maybe i should take the time to watch them :P

Not everyday you see a thread about someone liking the Office so i'm quite pleased to see a thread related to this haha!
    The humor is somewhat different. The UK is obviously Uk humor with pretty hilarious but "adult" jokes in US terms. Like when that dude was on the phone with his girlfriend (on speaker phone) and she asks him if he's bringing "the toys". lol

In terms of jokes like that in the US version they don't go as far. Also points to the UK because US TV doesn't allow the use of the world "shit" unless it's BBC or late night shows on FX.

[TV] The Office

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/01/26/wi...office/?hpt=T2

PLEASE TELL ME ITS APRIL FOOLS!!!

*cry*

/slitwrist

With Steve Carell stepping out of NBC’s The Office, producers have enlisted Will Ferrell to help boost the show’s numbers during the season’s home stretch.
    Ferrell will reunite with his Anchorman co-star in a four-episode arc later this season. He’ll play a branch manager who arrives from the home office and proves to be just as inept as Michael Scott.
    “We found Steve Carell when he was nothing but a movie star and we turned him into a television star,” says executive producer Paul Lieberstein. “We are proud to continue The Office‘s tradition of discovering famous talent, and we hope that once America gets a good look at Will, they’ll see what we see: tremendous raw sexuality.”
    Three episodes will feature Carell and Ferrell together (they’re not co-workers, they’re co-people), then Ferrell will have one episode working with the Office gang solo after Carell departs (he’s leaving the show four episodes before the season finale, you’ll recall).
    What do you think? Seems like a great story. Compelling, and rich.
    ghetto cancer

Deleted
    I doubt this will help them. The quality days of the office are over since season 3 and with Steve Carell parting ways...I just do not see this show going on much further. And definitely not going further on my own limited free time, I kind of regret sticking around for season 7 already.

“We found Steve Carell when he was nothing but a movie star and we turned him into a television star,” says executive producer Paul Lieberstein.
    really? television stars are bigger deals than movie stars? did i miss a memo somewhere? not to mention he was first on television...
    Last edited by bals; 2011-01-27 at 07:41 AM.

Deleted
    I think you missed the intended humour in this sentence (and the next one!)

Alright, not in a sound state of mind so didn't really read it all and get the sarcasm [also op saying it was april fools didn't help ]

late edit: and to be fair, this does sound like something NBC would do!
    Last edited by bals; 2011-01-27 at 07:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mufuti View Post
    I doubt this will help them. The quality days of the office are over since season 3 and with Steve Carell parting ways...I just do not see this show going on much further. And definitely not going further on my own limited free time, I kind of regret sticking around for season 7 already.
    Not saying The Office has been amazing the last couple seasons but Michael (Carell's character) is a big reason for me that the show hit a slump. Sure he is funny but he is such a complete idiot and is such a static character that after a while it brings nothing to the show.

tbh I think Michael gets annoying.

He is forced to act like a complete idiot and he gets really annoying to me.

Seriously though, Will Ferrell I hate 999192931923992491x worse.

Deleted
    Season 7?!?!?!?!??!

Im in Scotland, and in Soviet Scotland we have only Season 3/4. We Demand more seasons!

[TV] The Office season 8!

Your thoughts on The Office season 8 and the future of The Office in general? Just tell your thoughts!

15+ Year Old Account
    Oof. I can't say I've gotten very far with the show. It's one of those things that's just too much to watch. One day I'm sure I'll work through it, but I didn't know it was up to season 8 already >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Shoryuken View Post
    Your thoughts on The Office season 8 and the future of The Office in general? Just tell your thoughts!
    Great show .. nice progressions from episode to episode, and character development. I didn't watch much of the past season (only 3-4 episodes) mainly because I like to watch them all back to back.

Funny as hell. A must for those seeking a good laugh, without piped in laugh-tracks telling you when to laugh.

Few shows offer this to me.

Must admit I've not seen anything past the first episode of the US version of The Office. I am a massive fan of the original English one (Being one myself), so is the American one worth sticking with. The first episode was damn near a carbon copy of it's trans-atlantic cousin, so dampened my opinion of it.

So is it worth a skeet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terralin View Post
    Must admit I've not seen anything past the first episode of the US version of The Office. I am a massive fan of the original English one (Being one myself), so is the American one worth sticking with. The first episode was damn near a carbon copy of it's trans-atlantic cousin, so dampened my opinion of it.

So is it worth a skeet?
    first season of the American version sucks cause in is trying too hard to copy the original. After that, it really becomes its own thing and is pretty damn funny. that said, Steve Carell is the entire show and they should have just ended it with his leaving. I have a feeling this next season is going to suck.

Deleted
    I started seeing this show about a week i guess , i am currently at season 6 ^^ just an awesome show!

10+ Year Old Account
    Steve Carell is a tool and extremely unfunny at that.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin