Ulduar 10 & Fragements

Does Ulduar 10 drop the fragments for Val'anyr, Hammer of Ancient Kings yet? I saw a post saying Blizz was gonna change it but I am not sure if its in game yet.

If addons are just a crutch for healing, forks are just a crutch for eating spaghetti and real carpenters pound in nails with their foreheads.

Deleted
    Link me the post, please.

And no, I honestly do not think it's the in game, if they did indeed say something about it. Did Ulduar 10 a week or a couple ago and got 0 fragments, which is shit, since I'm something like 5 fragments away from completing mine.

I don't recall Blizzard saying anything like that.
    I do hope it's going to be the case though, because that means they will do the same for the Enchanting formulae...
    I'm still only missing Blade Ward for total completion. -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never heard of this and I doubt they'll bother implementing it. Might've been suggested by someone on some official forums though.

Pretty sure they don't, did Ulduar not to long ago to finish the achievements for the drake and no fragments at all.

Both shards for valanyr and shadowmourne only drop in 25 heroic kills, they stated this a month or so before cata

Cant find the link but I remember seeing about it when they changed the 10 & 25 sharing a lock out but here is a link to a forum talking about

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1827664348#1
    Last edited by aqthedruid; 2011-01-27 at 05:00 PM.

If addons are just a crutch for healing, forks are just a crutch for eating spaghetti and real carpenters pound in nails with their foreheads.

Quote Originally Posted by Stylite View Post
    Pretty sure they don't, did Ulduar not to long ago to finish the achievements for the drake and no fragments at all.
    If they even did, it would be hardmode only and I'm sure it would be a much lower drop chance than that of 25 man. Clearing it on HM for the drake might not even drop just one, with the rate they would add for 10 man. At least thats my opinion.

Deleted
    legendary drops has not been changed in 4.0 nor is there any blue posts suggesting so. It was addressed at the blizcon Q&A panel in 2010 after several people asking the same questions on forums and at the live event. You can however still get both fragments of valanyr and shadowfrost shards from normal mode bosses aslong as youre eligible to recieve them (ie. someone has to have the shadowmourne quest for shards before they drop).

Dont expect this to ever change, Blizzard has made it very clear on several occasions that obsolete content is not their main priority and many "issues" and ideas will never be implemented.

---------- Post added 2011-01-27 at 05:59 PM ----------

The only difference between heroic and normal difficulties on this subject is that heroic content has roughly double the drop chance of normal, yogg saron being the exception, he always drops a fragment in both normal and all other difficulties.

They stated that they could/would change the drop of shards to 10man aswell at Blizzcon. I don't remember what panel it was at, but I remember someone asking and they confirming.
    When in darkness or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

Could take that same 10 man and run ulduar 25 as level 85s.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilcheeks View Post
    Could take that same 10 man and run ulduar 25 as level 85s.
    I would imagine so, we did ICC10 heroic last week or the week before and it was sad how fast the bosses were dropping lol. Only fights you really needed to go by the mechanics were Sindy and LK. In Ulduar you would still have to know the mechanics for a fight like Firefighter and Yogg depending if you were doing 1 light or not as well as Freya with adds up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Starcrafted View Post
    They stated that they could/would change the drop of shards to 10man aswell at Blizzcon. I don't remember what panel it was at, but I remember someone asking and they confirming.
    They said they would consider it but they never have confirmed they would make the change.

Just do FL 25 man every week alone or with a friend and you'll get your last 5 fragments eventually ;p

Yeah they talked about considering and someone brought up the Ulduar mace fragments dropping in 10 too then if that happened and I think the response was along the lines of "oh that's a good idea". That's probably what the OP is referring to.
    This change has not happened though, and I doubt it ever will.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    They said they would consider it but they never have confirmed they would make the change.
    Yep. When I read it I laughed. It was their typical answer to get people to leave them alone.