Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Magmaw 10 melee heavy group advice

Hey ppl, long time lurker 1st time poster ..anyways to business

Our guilds a little behind the ball with content his expansion due to ppl being sick , computers breaking an stuff like that.
    Anyways , we got a pretty melee heavy group and the members are more or less set in stone so we cant really swap out for more ranged .

We are havin trouble with the adds not going down fast enough , (we only have 2 ranged)
    heres the raid comp

TANKS
    Prot Pally
    Bear Druid

HEALS
    Holy Pally
    Resto Druid
    Holy Priest

DPS
    Ret Pally
    Mut Rogue
    Combat Rogue
    Surv Hunter (or Ele Shaman)
    Fire(or Frost) Mage

Im thinking we should have 1 more ranged but none of the melee players have any ranged alts... so any ideas or advice?

thx in advance

10+ Year Old Account
    Only need one tank for Magmaw. Have the Druid try Balance perhaps?

You have 4 awesome AOEs. You should be fine. But like what Atrea said, if the Druid tank can go Balance that would make it even more faceroll for you.
    Last edited by jmachol; 2011-01-27 at 06:05 PM.

Kick one melee and inv one ranged.
    Stormreaver.EU

The melee can hop off Magmaw and aoe down the parasites.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    Only need one tank for Magmaw. Have the Druid try Balance perhaps?
    Indeed. This is correct. Only one tank for Magmaw. If the Bear goes Balance it may do the trick. Or bench him to get a new ranged?
    Last edited by Kworal; 2011-01-27 at 06:05 PM. Reason: bear, not kitty, duh me

One more ranged should help you alot. I suggest drop a tank to grab an extra ranged. The adds will still be a little tough even with 3 ranged.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominating View Post
    Deathwing flooded every body of water in Azeroth and Outland with his urine. His urine looks shiny and creates ripples when you move through it, and it also reflects. Plus it crits your graphics card for 50k and reduces your framerate to 20.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    recruit a death knight.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Get rid Of either 1 rogue or the pala and get more ranged

I have done it with two ranged before, but to be fair, we had a frost DK specced into Chillblains helping out, and a warlock who was able to kite and hold aggro for ages with Hellfire. Since you have a surv hunter and a frost mage though, i dont see you should have much of a problem. All i can say is that for magmaw, having two tanks isnt a good idea. If one of them ha sa dps spec, make him use it.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

Have the sv hunter go out at ranged, once the pillar drops, have both of the rogues fan + tricks the hunter as he kites the adds. Have the bear go kitty since you only need 1 tank. Kitty swipe + mage aoe + rogues + hunter = dead adds

As Atrea said, Magmaw needs only one tank and having your Tank Druid spec to balance(if he has some gear) is a good idea.
    A good tactic, at least what my guild does and works great, is that you all stay in melee range to dps except your Hunter who needs to be in range for the lava burst thing that spawns the worms. He will throw ice trap and run to you while you aoe down the worms and then he runs in range once more for the next ones.

15+ Year Old Account
    How are you having trouble with double FoK, Multi shot, and Fires insane aoe? Heck even the Ret could DS. All of your dps have fairly good to great aoe potential. MD and Tricks a tank who is acting as the kiter and go to town. No offense, but you are going to run into far more problems down the road than Magmaw with that raid make up at least until they make Combat and Ret not awful. Have your kiter and Hunter stand at range, everyone else in melee right next to boss. Hunter drops traps, everyone switches to adds when they spawn, they die in 10 seconds or less then back on boss.

Deleted
    If you decide on one of the ranged to be the "kiter" and rogues spam FoK via ToTT on adds with crippling, in addition to the mage + hunter AoE I'm sure that's more than adequate

Quote Originally Posted by Lazgor View Post
    Get rid Of either 1 rogue or the pala and get more ranged
    You must be joking... a Rogue's FoN is an amazing ability for downing the parasites....

---------- Post added 2011-01-27 at 01:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathcrab View Post
    If you decide on one of the ranged to be the "kiter" and rogues spam FoK via ToTT on adds with crippling, in addition to the mage + hunter AoE I'm sure that's more than adequate
    This ^^^ /10 char

Two tank it. Keep everyone in melee range and let your mage / hunter help out your tank with adds. Only your tank needs to move from the pillar and it's a strat that does work. This is how we did it..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zA6WMqo5fpg

Dont listen to people that say you should kick melee etc.. we did this with 1 ranged on our alts.. aka crap gear

Hunter+rogue should have no problem just add both rogues if they struggel

Frost trap, adds spawn, hunter kite, the rogues ToT the hunter, spam fan of spoons and they should be dead within seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    thx for the fast replys

well until recentely the mage had no computer.. so we were having another melee in there .. so just the 1 ranged for the majority of trys .

may have bear go cat (shes got resto offspec)
    ret pally DS is useless for the most part and dont even mention conscrete thats 50% mana with 1 cast
    survival hunter hasent been tested out yet (because he was using his ele shammy)

the groups pretty much set in stone unfournately.. so recruiting a dk or another ranged is outa the question

i think your real problem is ur raiding with a combat rogue and a ret pally

Have the hunter multi shot/kite the adds around the entire fight. Its really quite simple and we've been doing that since our first kill. We 1 tank 3 heal 6 dps it, with only the hunter ever touching the adds, and he dies in about 5 minutes. He doesn't even need to drop frost traps or get tricks. Just run around multi shotting. The serpant sting talent helps as well, and he'll be able to hold threat and eventually begin killing them on his own.
    Last edited by Notdev; 2011-01-28 at 05:17 AM.