10+ Year Old Account

Nerf Chaos Orbs.

Now, i dont want to be seen as a whining wrathbaby, becasue im not, i love almost everything about cata and the changes that its made. However, one thing i will complain about is that i que for half an hour to find a dungeon group, if no tanks from the guild want to go that is, then spend a fair while inside a heroic dungeon. All this i can live with, but as a leatherworker i find an amazing shortage of chaos orbs to make things with, and ultimately make money with. Granted, making chaos orbs easier to get will reduce their value, but having a 1 in 5 chance of getting one every hour or so is pretty bad - i mean i must have been unlucky, after all the farming iv done i have had a grand total of 4 - not sold a single epic gear yet. what im saying is that do they really have to be so hard to acquire? cant they be either bo use, or all 5 party members get one at the end of the dungeon? if just this one change could be make itd be a perfect game, i believe.

-Zanazane

Theyre incredibly easy to aquare - You dont roll against 5 people as most people never have the profession to use them.
    Stop whining, epics arent meant to be easy to make.

Chaos Orbs are meant to hold some value, in that you pay for the time and effort to obtain them.
    An automatic orb at the end would devalue them hugely and turn them into the next joke that frozen orbs eventually became, where you were forced to vendor them to get some return.
    They are not meant to be common.

Tailors require 5 chaos orbs per cloth (Or 30 of each volatiles every 7 days, to a grand total of 6) and then needing 6 cloth just to make 1 epic. So say a tailor wants to make an epic in one day and doesn't have time for volatiles.... That's 30 orbs they need. LW needs what, 3?
    " "People can say all the BS they want about "encounters weren't that hard back then people just didnt know what was going on" well that argument is like saying "getting to california in the early 1800 wasnt hard, people just didnt know how the !$@% to build cars" " - hazer221

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree that, at the very least, two crafters should be able to trade with each other. As a plate-class may have leatherworking and mining(for the sweet buffs), and a drood may have herbalism and alchemy. If the two could cross-trade orbs, at least with other 525 crafters, it'd make crafting soooo much more beneficial for the both of them.

Either make friends, get rid of LW, or run HC dungeons hardcore. We can't all be Miley Cyrus and have the best of both worlds.

Deleted
    You must have been very unlucky. I almost get a Chaos Orb every time I do a random - which is like once a day for VP. Most times there's just me and 1 other guildie needing on them. I've crafted like close to 10 epics so far. I really like how ppl can only roll on them, if they can actually use them.

You roll against only people with crafting profs at a high enough level and just to rub it in your face, i have 26 and im only 512 in blacksmithing.

Yeah, gotta agree with some of the other posters, you've just been unlucky. Last heroic I was in, I was the only person rolling on the orb. Usually it's a 1/3 shot. Just do more of them, and you'll get there.

They should rather adding more recipes for certain professions using Chaos Orbs. As an engineer I'm currently sitting on 14 that I've acquired only through greeding, and it does feel odd not to be able to use them on anything.

Agreed with Nigel. I got 10, and been anxious to use them on my rogue. Sure I can make that 346 blue bow... but that's not even selling on my server.
    " "People can say all the BS they want about "encounters weren't that hard back then people just didnt know what was going on" well that argument is like saying "getting to california in the early 1800 wasnt hard, people just didnt know how the !$@% to build cars" " - hazer221

4000 justice points to buy 1 orb would be a nice addition.

I'm not sure how you can have any difficulty getting ahold of them... I've just been greeding them lately and I have five sitting in my bank right now, and since I'm an engineer I don't really even have a use for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    4000 justice points to buy 1 orb would be a nice addition.
    Since they're already adding the trade good vendor in 4.0.6, I really don't see why this would be hard to do.

Signature by the lovely Rivele.
    My Monk, The Avatar