Page 1 of 29
... LastLast

As a raving Alliance fanboy, I am satisfied with my fist-pump moment.

Go into Orgrimmar, wreck the place, kill everyone, kill the Warchief on his throne. Varian goes into badass mode and tells the Horde that if they fuck around like this anymore, he will END THEM, then says in text some stuff that heavily implies we're reclaiming Gilneas.

Well, okay. I'm satisfied. Fair enough.

/fistpump

People who wanted Varian to, you know, kill the entire Horde or spend an hour negotiating reparations or something were never being realistic. As long as the Alliance quits getting shit all over in the next xpac, I'm a happy little paladin.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Agreed. Varian was badass. Gilneas will be saved!!! I am satisfied.

Not if it's just another story where the banshee queen and her 9 extra lives gets to win.

Yeah, if you watch the cinematic Varian didn't stop Thrall from killing Garrosh, he actually wanted a piece of it, or to find a different way to punish him. He definitely wasn't trying to save Garrosh.

Disliked Jaina somehow turning evil, but Varian's speech was a fist-pumping moment, not a "this is lame" moment

Quote Originally Posted by Grimble View Post
    Go into Orgrimmar, wreck the place, kill everyone, kill the Warchief on his throne. Varian goes into badass mode and tells the Horde that if they fuck around like this anymore, he will END THEM, then says in text some stuff that heavily implies we're reclaiming Gilneas.

Well, okay. I'm satisfied. Fair enough.

/fistpump

People who wanted Varian to, you know, kill the entire Horde or spend an hour negotiating reparations or something were never being realistic. As long as the Alliance quits getting shit all over in the next xpac, I'm a happy little paladin.
    How are you ok with a hollow threat? We all know (because gameplay comes first) that we would never end the horde. Essentially the horde get a slap on the wrist, nothing will change in the game, AND Garrosh lives. WE don't even get the glory of killing the warchief. I love invading an enemy city to not kill their leader and get nothing from it.

Blizzard has no balls to do anything pro-alliance.

How was this a fist-pump moment?

We won a total of zero fucking things.

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No matter what way people slice it, Alliance came out on top. Not only did they prove that they could simply steamroll into the Horde capital if they wanted to but they even showed that when faced with the chance to crush the Horde brutally, they value honor and justice above all else.

Except for Jaina, she's just a dumb bimbo now though.

The Alliance chose not to sink to Garrosh's level by holding the entire horde responsible for the act of the few. All Hail the High King!
    Butts.

I'm happy with Varian's "AIN'T TAKIN' NO MORE OF THIS SHIT!" attitude, disliked Jaina's bitchyness, and kinda laughed a little at Anduin's "WTF dad?"

Disliked that they left Garrosh alive and made Vol'jin Warchief.

Players: "It's gonna be Vol'jin!"
    Blizzard: "It won't be who you expect!"
    Cinematic: "Lol jk guys, it's Vol'jin!"

Yep, i loved it. Varian and Jaina were really awesome. My only problem may be - what is anduin doing there? Should have given that stage time to someone like Tyrande or Moira. But otherwise, it was awesome! GLORY TO THE ALLIANCE!

Quote Originally Posted by Kazroshka View Post
    No matter what way people slice it, Alliance came out on top. Not only did they prove that they could simply steamroll into the Horde capital if they wanted to but they even showed that when faced with the chance to crush the Horde brutally, they value honor and justice above all else.

Except for Jaina, she's just a dumb bimbo now though.

The Alliance chose not to sink to Garrosh's level by holding the entire horde responsible for the act of the few. All Hail the High King!
    Yeah its so great that we win the moral victory at the literal last moment after losing the rest of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Reikk View Post
    How are you ok with a hollow threat? We all know (because gameplay comes first) that we would never end the horde. Essentially the horde get a slap on the wrist, nothing will change in the game, AND Garrosh lives. WE don't even get the glory of killing the warchief. I love invading an enemy city to not kill their leader and get nothing from it.

Blizzard has no balls to do anything pro-alliance.
    You missed the 1st part of the threat: the Horde pulls shit, then Alliance ends them. If the Alliance isn't going to end them, then that means the Horde isn't going to pull shit.

Get nothing? Alliance successfully invaded their capital city. You don't think that's gonna be on the Horde's mind now?

I didn't really see it as a fist-pumping moment. But, he made a fair and just decision regarding how to handle the Horde.

Also, love the new Jaina. Not really sure why people are so surprised at her behavior considering it's pretty clear that she had a clear change of outlook regarding the Horde after the destruction of Theramore.

Alliance did nothing, the only fist pump moment was that Varian looked badass cause of Janna. If she wasn't there he would have just walked away.

All in all i think Vol'jin looks more badass when he says that he speaks for the Horde then Varian does in the whole cinematic xD
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    How was this a fist-pump moment?

We won a total of zero fucking things.
    When you talk to Varian afterwards, he speaks of reclaiming Gilneas and setting up a garrison near Theramore. What more do you want? Gilneas is the only zone being heavily contested in lore.

Pictures of the dialogue with Varian after the cinematic:
    http://i.imgur.com/pDNPKjh.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/gE98pNA.jpg
    *Fistpump*

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd said all expansion all I want is Gilneas back.

We may well be getting it back either as a "Reclaiming Gnomeregan" thing in 5.5 and/or as an actual leveling chain (through all of Lordaeron) in 6.0.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I didn't really see it as a fist-pumping moment. But, he made a fair and just decision regarding how to handle the Horde.

Also, love the new Jaina. Not really sure why people are so surprised at her behavior considering it's pretty clear that she had a clear change of outlook regarding the Horde after the destruction of Theramore.
    Not surprised, I just think Blizz took it too far with making her the revenge-hungry person. It was a little bit tooooo comical hearing her go "yes go kill the Horde." She seems more manipulative and conniving, which I don't see her as

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NonameXADX View Post
    Pictures of the dialogue with Varian after the cinematic:
    http://i.imgur.com/pDNPKjh.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/gE98pNA.jpg
    *Fistpump*
    Oh my god it's really happening.

It is.... WORLD OF PEACECRAFT! Noooooooooo!

Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    You missed the 1st part of the threat: the Horde pulls shit, then Alliance ends them. If the Alliance isn't going to end them, then that means the Horde isn't going to pull shit.

Get nothing? Alliance successfully invaded their capital city. You don't think that's gonna be on the Horde's mind now?
    Yeah, like the horde aren't going to pull anything. The horde is now just going to be the alliance's slave? I dont' think so. It pretty much means nothing will change. Sylvannus will do her thing and we won't do anything about it. It's a hollow threat. How you got that the horde won't pull anything is beyond me. That would kill so much of the possible story telling.

Cool, we invaded the capital city with the rebels. Garrosh was supposed to be the big bad guy who we KILL this expansion. Now the person the alliance deserve to have killed in this raid survives and will likely get some redemption. How is that satisfying to you? The horde don't lose anything. No leader (Garrosh still alive), no city, no lands. Nothing meaningful. Its a bunch of crap.

This.

Pretty satisfied to play Alliance, right now. Hail Varian