Thread: Juggling alts

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I lvl'd my rogue(main) to 85... during LK I had 3 80s that i raided and played weekly(rogue, DK tank, spriest/holy) Since Cata I have no desire to bother leveling anything else currently. I just don't want to have to put that much time into lvl'n and gearing 2 others to 85. Maybe that'll change once we get farther into Cata, but at this point alting does not appeal to me one bit.

Thanks to Scythen for the sig

I level alts in my spare time. Two 85's so far, with my priest at 82 and four other 80's waiting in the wings. But generally I've found that once those toons get to max level, they kinda fall by the wayside.

I do use my alts to cover professions. I've got every profession available to me (not all quite maxed out yet, but getting there), and doubled up in some cases (two transmutes a day? yes please!). Professions get even more profitable when they're used in concert, I find, so my alts help keep the cash flowing in. They're also there any time I fancy a break from my main, I can do a little pvp or run a dungeon or something. In some cases, just going out and running around on them for a while is a laugh (my hunter alt, for example, has spent a lot of time just wandering around looking for cool pets to tame).

The other thing I find that's good about having lots of alts levelled up to (or near) max is that it gives you a much better understanding of how the other classes work. For a guild officer or guild master, that kind of knowledge is invaluable, and even if you're not it can really help when you're taking part in a raid to know what the rest of the group is capable of doing, so you can complement their strengths and shore up their weaknesses.