What features would you want for an in-game Guild Finder?

The way I see it, it’s a logical next step for Blizzard to implement a Guild Finder system in game. Why?

Fact: Cataclysm strongly supports guilds as the way to play (tm). Heroic dungeon difficulty, guild perks, etc. Also, many a blue post suggesting to whining players that they join a guild.

Fact: Cataclysm is not meant to make casual players quit the game. Casuals are still very much invited to play WoW. Thus, casuals need casual guilds, more so than before. But casuals don’t usually look for a guild on the official forums, nor do casual guilds recruit there (I know cause I tried). Therefore, casuals need to be able to find a guild in-game.

Currently we have a chat channel that’s only available in the capital cities, and can only be read by people who aren’t in a guild. Thus if you are in a guild and are looking for a new guild, but don’t want to quit your old guild until you have a new one, you’re out of luck. Also, I as a guild officer cannot see the lfguild channel even though I can invite people to the guild. All I can do in-game is spam trade chat. So. Here’s my request list.

1) Make the lfguild chat accessible to everyone.
    2) Give us an lfguild browser similar to lfr browser, where you can browse players or guilds. They should also be able to leave a little message.
    3) Ideally, also include a few tags to check or uncheck, like: Raid, Arena, Rated BG, Dungeons, RP. Make it possible to filter results by tags.

How do you like the idea? What features would you want for an in-game Guild Finder?

who actually uses lfguild channel?
    srsly all the adds are in trade on my server...

plus how could a finder get people, LFD tool gets some pretty bad groups it would be even worse with guilds :|

10+ Year Old Account
    Would be nice to be able to filter on raiddays or even times. Would make it easier for both recruiters and recruits, I think.

Interestingly enough, I thought that Blizzard already had plans to implement such a tool (though I could be wrong) similar to the LFD Tool in Cataclysm. At least, that's what I thought I saw in beta screen shots.

Edit: A quick look around it may have been from Blizzcon not Cataclysm beta. Sadly, I cannot find a screen shot that I may have (or may have not) seen.

Edit2: Here we go, thanks to another thread on MMO-Champ: http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...ystems_006.jpg
    Last edited by Rizzix; 2011-01-28 at 02:46 PM.

Deleted
    GuildRecruitment is available to all, you just have to join it maually whilst guilded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly guild levels didn't seem to strengthen guilds as much as Blizzard thought they would. People will still jump ship with little to no thought it seems. If the XP from guild achievements stayed in then I think it would help to solidify guilds as they way they intended. People would be out, as a guild, running old contents and spending time having a lot of fun. Now with those out a majority of your guild XP comes from daily dungeons or the current raids. I wouldn't want improved guild finders but rather guild achievement XP back in.

Ah, it's GuildRecruitment, and here I was trying /join lfguild and /join LookingforGuild... Thanks.^^

Quote Originally Posted by Rizzix View Post
    Here we go, thanks to another thread on MMO-Champ: http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...ystems_006.jpg
    Cool, that doesn't look too bad! Haven't heard any talk about it recently, though, so I figure it'll be a long time.

Currently we have a chat channel that’s only available in the capital cities, and can only be read by people who aren’t in a guild.
    Fact: This is false. You can type /Join GuildRecruitment at any time and get into the channel (I think that's the name).
    Fact: Guilds are kind of a big deal.
    Opinion: An in-game system to deal with something that is that big of a deal would inevitably cheapen the process.
    Opinion: Because joining a guild is such a notable event, and because a number of things including general chemistry are relatively important, I believe guilds should be conducting their own recruitment independently, and that any kind of tool will either fall into disuse or cause more problems than it solves.