Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    If you wait before you CS, you'll probably have enough rage to heroic strike during CS, and possibly a battle trance proc for a free HS during CS. This short period also ensures all personal procs are up; it usually takes a few moments for hurricanes, trinkets, landslides etc to pop up. It takes other classes a few moments to apply debuffs to the target (sunder stacks, 4% physical damage, mangle, etc.). On top of that you're minimizing the small chance of chain missing your first couple attacks and/or pulling aggro off your tank.

If you open with CS you're not gaining a whole lot and you're possibly missing out on something I listed above. Risk/Reward is not there.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxhart View Post
    Not to be a dick, but you say to not use CS for the first seconds, let the tank get 200k aggro. 200k aggro. 200k fucking aggro. Then you go to say we should always try to align our cooldowns with CS right? What about the first couple seconds when our trinkets proc that have 12-20 second durations? Our "aligning of cooldowns" cannot be done til the proc trinkets come back off cooldown. NET DPS LOSS. And yes, I know some little kid is going to say, "A dead dps is no dps." Very true. Yet it is fucking stupid to make posts like the quoted without thinking.
    i think Fwip told you everything needed to be told, maybe you will realize that:
    1. you used too much profanities
    2. you didn't give an alternative
    3. colossus smash debuff only lasts for 6 secs with 20 secs cd, so you will only use it ONCE per proc
    4. blowing all cds at t=0 (when the trinket procs) will cause you to die for sure, or maybe you will just stop attacking to not get aggro. so, where is now your NET DPS LOSS?

and i will quote you again
    Yet it is fucking stupid to make posts like the quoted without thinking.

Not to be a dick, but you say to not use CS for the first seconds, let the tank get 200k aggro. 200k aggro. 200k fucking aggro. Then you go to say we should always try to align our cooldowns with CS right? What about the first couple seconds when our trinkets proc that have 12-20 second durations? Our "aligning of cooldowns" cannot be done til the proc trinkets come back off cooldown. NET DPS LOSS. And yes, I know some little kid is going to say, "A dead dps is no dps." Very true. Yet it is fucking stupid to make posts like the quoted without thinking.
    Pfff, 200k threat, thats a shield slam and a HS away :P, also, if you let the tank have the boss all by himself for 5 sec (no trink procs that way) you can then go all holy moses on the thing with CS/Procs and trinks, Most tanks should have more than enough threat to handle it. And regarding the "A dead dps is no dps", Personaly I use "A impatient DPS is a wasted raidslot"

Someone might have said this before me, but just to clarify;

Never macro Bersekers rage with any other ability. Never use Berserkers rage to gain rage.

The most effective way to use Berserkers rage is to use it when you haven't got any enrage effect when RB cd is just about to expre, macroing it to battle shout is therefor a very bad idea and you will end up loosing DPS.

personally i use this to start off with, but i also open with a mighty rage potion http://www.wowhead.com/item=13442

so my startup is like this

rage potion,
    battle shout
    zerkers rage
    (boss gets pulled)
    heroic throw
    heroic leap
    cs
    1.BT
    2.HS(if i have rage)
    3.RB
    4.slam if up
    rince repeat 1-4 hittin CS when its up. also if i feel like being nice to the other melee i will throw a sunder in there to get a 3 stack sunder before anyone else even hits the boss